Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 08:29 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
When you declare, "Clear Proof of Liberal Academia brain-washing the masses!", you need to show this 'clear proof' and how it is brain washing the masses. You failed to do that. I understand not everyone can or wants to attend a four year university but one does learn certain skills that keep one from making posts such as your OP. I don't question your intelligence but I question your critical thinking skills. Honestly, you sound intimidated. You seem to have an odd obsession with people more educated than you being liberal. Can you define what liberal means to you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turthist View Post
Preaching tolerance on their terms only, disagreement is unacceptable. When presented with facts they ignore the facts and resort to name calling, or questioning ones intelligence.

As for the title, the subject at hand is Liberal Academia, and one should be able to concluded that the "masses" I'm talking about are students, not entire societies! Subject at hand is Liberal Academia, they teach, have positions of authority over students, those are the masses that is discussed. Keep going over a single statement with a fine tooth comb, but at least try to address all the links I posted!
I'm assuming that your first two sentences are your definition of 'liberal,' yes? Interesting. Sometimes our interpretations do not align with reality.

No, one should take your statement at face value. I have no interest in reading your other links. I do not trust your ability to correctly interpret them and do not feel like explaining them to you. Good luck with your 'liberal' boogeyman but be careful to not fall down a hole you may never return...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 09:23 AM

207 posts, read 113,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I'm assuming that your first two sentences are your definition of 'liberal,' yes? Interesting. Sometimes our interpretations do not align with reality.

No, one should take your statement at face value. I have no interest in reading your other links. I do not trust your ability to correctly interpret them and do not feel like explaining them to you. Good luck with your 'liberal' boogeyman but be careful to not fall down a hole you may never return...

And thank you for providing further proof of liberals, "when presented with facts, they ignore them." You've just done that by refusing to read the links provided! I guess my interpretation aligns with your reality. For future reference, when you join in on a debate/discussion present some facts, and not just your opinion, criticizing the posters intelligence.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:38 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
lol so that's your rebuttal, students don't pay attention, Nice try! No basis in facts!?!? Really!?!? How many more links do I need to post? Maybe you should read them, but I get it, classic liberalism, ignore the facts restore to name calling!
My rebuttal is NOT that students don't pay attention, I didn't have to present a rebuttal because you've presented NO evidence other than some links that don't support what you say.

How many more irrelevant links that don't support your point are you going to post? How the hell would I know?! You do what you do, it's a free country.

Maybe instead of posting worthless links, you can just provide examples how professors inject liberalism into their teaching??!! Maybe you think 1 + 1 equals 2 is filled with liberal bias? Maybe you think neutrons and protons are liberal conspiracy? Or maybe you think the JIT system is overrun with liberal extremism??

What teaching material specifically do you think is filled with liberal bias? Give me some examples.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:59 AM

Liberal Academia at it's finest!

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/u-of...-donald-trump/

Imagine if this depiction occurred a few months ago!! Prof would be fired, nation wide outrage!

Old 04-21-2017, 11:46 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Liberal Academia at it's finest!

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/u-of...-donald-trump/

Imagine if this depiction occurred a few months ago!! Prof would be fired, nation wide outrage!

Apparently you think our First Amendment is too liberal.

Weren't you guys all up in arms chanting that ALL speeches should be presented no matter how offensive after a few conservative speaking events got canceled?

You know what, it's time some of you practice what you preach.

And this so called example proves nothing other than that university of Alaska takes our First Amendment very seriously.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Apparently you think our First Amendment is too liberal.

Weren't you guys all up in arms chanting that ALL speeches should be presented no matter how offensive after a few conservative speaking events got canceled?

You know what, it's time some of you practice what you preach.

And this so called example proves nothing other than that university of Alaska takes our First Amendment very seriously.
You said it yourself, "a few conservative speaking events got canceled" Why are these speaking events censored yet liberals can paint murals of a decapitated Trump!

Old 04-24-2017, 08:51 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,714,694 times
Here's the deal with liberals and higher education, folks.

Liberals, generally, are more open minded, willing to accept change, more open to "others", and more progressive than conservatives. For comparison, my conservative grandparents have had the same wallpaper since the 1970s. Imagine if you were stuck teaching things that were decades old...

Topics in education are ALWAYS changing. What is relevant today might not be relevant tomorrow.

This is why most colleges and universities are predominantly liberal. If you want to go to a conservative school, find a small town private college, or a religious school.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Here's the deal with liberals and higher education, folks.

Liberals, generally, are more open minded, willing to accept change, more open to "others", and more progressive than conservatives. For comparison, my conservative grandparents have had the same wallpaper since the 1970s. Imagine if you were stuck teaching things that were decades old...

Topics in education are ALWAYS changing. What is relevant today might not be relevant tomorrow.

This is why most colleges and universities are predominantly liberal. If you want to go to a conservative school, find a small town private college, or a religious school.
They're open and progressive on their terms only, different views or opinions are not tolerated!

Old 04-24-2017, 11:30 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,714,694 times
Quote:
They're open and progressive on their terms only, different views or opinions are not tolerated!
You're right to a certain extent (I'm thinking about liberals with gun control here), but conservatives are much worse about it. They won't listen to doctors, scientists, or other professionals because "what do they know? They're *******s!"

My grandpa is the worst about this, although it might also be due to his age. Even when he's dead wrong, no amount of evidence will change his opinion on a matter. It's very frustrating and this sort of mentality is really what holds us back from "Making America Great Again".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies