Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will POTUS Trump's Time in Office Make it Harder for Another Business Person to Win the Office
Yes, because he will have an unsuccessful presidency. 8 42.11%
No, because he will have a successful presidency overall. 6 31.58%
Yes, even though he will have a successful presidency.....but the division will continue. 0 0%
No, because the never ending division will always continue and people will still vote for change. 1 5.26%
He is an outlier and will have no effect either way on future elections. 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 12:43 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,913,089 times

Advertisements

Thoughts?

Personally, I think it will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 12:45 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
If this is an example of one of the "smartest businessmen around," no doubt.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:04 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Given much if not all of what the government does makes no profit, the purpose of business, what reason(s) has/have there ever been to believe business skills would translate to governing skills?

Old 03-27-2017, 01:08 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,913,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Given much if not all of what the government does makes no profit, the purpose of business, what reason(s) has/have there ever been to believe business skills would translate to governing skills?
From what some people believe, it would be to have a better understanding of what the government does that harms business creation and/or expansion. Trying to find the line of enough protections, but enough room for growth.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:11 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,674,025 times
Well the track record for a business executive in the presidency doesn't give you much confidence. Hoover which helped lead to the great depression and now Trump who's problems are way too numerous to list. I wouldn't be completely against it but they'd have to be damn good. I usually never say never because no one knows what the future will bring.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:14 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,300,410 times
Hopefully it will make it difficult for another idiot to become president
We already had enough with George Bush and now with Trump

Old 03-27-2017, 01:18 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villages Guy View Post
Thoughts?

Personally, I think it will.

Not enough options in the poll,it needs

Donald trump is an Lair and won't last his four years.#

...he'll never make it past two years.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villages Guy View Post
From what some people believe, it would be to have a better understanding of what the government does that harms business creation and/or expansion. Trying to find the line of enough protections, but enough room for growth.
But it seems many business people would favor the elimination of many if not all of those protections. Given the history of corporations like Enron, BP which placed profit ahead of safety in the Gulf, companies responsible for places like Love Canal, et al, why would anyone believe giving businesses Carte Blanche to do whatever they like would be good for the country as a whole? Is creating air 'quality' like China's worth the trade off of less regulation?

Old 03-27-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
That's a nice idea but looking at the candidates of the two major parties in the last election , I have to believe the entrenched two-party system is a bigger threat to this country than any outside force. They may point fingers and fight each other tooth & nail but you can bet dollars to donuts they'd form a united front in a New York minute minute should any third party mount a serious challenge to their dominance.

As much as I dislike Trump I would have voted for him had he run as an (I), I think he just may have been able to succeed and slap down both the Ds and Rs. IMO that would have been worth 4 years of ant nonsense he came up with.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:28 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post

Agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies