Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 08:52 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Obama was supposed to live in Washington but I guess it is not where he wants to be. He may choose an extended stay on that island with his buddies.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:56 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Obama was supposed to live in Washington but I guess it is not where he wants to be. He may choose an extended stay on that island with his buddies.
??? Plans change, of course, but the Obamas have leased a house in DC and have said they will live there until Sasha is through high school. I don't see any reason to think they won't.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/politi...-dc/index.html

Old 04-01-2017, 09:02 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Hey its my potato bud...FYI...I don't shop at wegmans and I don't pay $10.99lb!!!
What does that even mean? Who pays $10 99 for potatoes?

Old 04-01-2017, 09:15 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,030 times
Quote:
I'm guessing that Obama will await the political storm and hope the Dems in traditional fashion will beat the rap. Then he will show the proper outrage about the racist attitudes of his accusers and how America is now regressing to colonialism without the wise leadership of the left. A typical political sleaze ball snake.

Why the curious silence from Barack Obama over tapped Trump Tower? - Washington Times
Wouldn't it be wonderful to see him perp walked like they do in Russia, bent over at the waist hands zip tied behind his back with a big bubba cop hand on the back of his neck leading him to a below ground cell never to be heard from again?

Old 04-01-2017, 10:52 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
What does that even mean? Who pays $10 99 for potatoes?
........and I was complaining about $2.99 a bag.

If this is true will they really do anything about this?

Old 04-02-2017, 12:21 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think Obama's philosophy is give Trump & Co. enough rope and they'll hang themselves.

It seems to be working with Flynn. Next up?

There is really nothing Trump can do other than freak out watching a situation he has no control over play out and tweet his stupid head off. He's such great entertainment when 'unsupervised.'
Obama isn't on the job anymore. Just like all the others who came before him, he's now out of politics actively.
He had to respond to Trump's ridiculous lies about him, but he's not going to be making very many political statements in the future, now that the first 100 days are up.

Don't expect him to ever say much about his successor now. No ex-President ever does.

After 8 years of constant public scrutiny and visibility, they all retreat into private life for as far as they can for some time after their term is done, too. In time, many have gone on to new careers, mostly as university presidents, foundation heads, or the like, but not all.

Obama is going to be busy for the rest of this year writing his memoirs. He has a contract for the book, and it's his first priority now. Since he's still a relatively young man, he may well go back to his old job teaching law at a university, or heading a law college at some university.

Once his book is done, and what follows is decided, he will most likely get involved with his party's politics- that's quite common for past Presidents.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:03 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Really comrade...

The cat is out of the bag and they are admitting their wrongful illegal activity. Going under the "we needed to preserve information" don't fly.

They were doing far worse with the Hilary foundation then spying to stop find ways of preventing it from coming out. In the process, find dirt on Trump to make that the talking point.

They found nothing, made a large effort to cover up, then sabotage Trump. The media should be all over the facts, not the suspensions of one side. The owe the public and apology,. And the deep state needs to be convicted.

Obama Officials Made List of Russia Probe Documents to Keep Them Safe - NBC News

Yes I know to you obama cults the messiah is above the law.

So what part of being wiretapped is not the same as routine intelligence that you may have incidentally been caught up in don't you understand? Just for grins lets say you're listening to a routine conversation with a Russian ambassador and you pick up information that the Trump campaign is colluding with the Russians to win the election. Are you supposed to not document that? I sincerely hope that as an American citizen your answer is not yes.

Obama is gone. Hillary didn't win. What's important is the here and now. What's important is getting to the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. The truth should be blind to partisan rhetoric.

Please read that list of Putin's objectives again and pay close attention to number 9. You ARE an AMERICAN citizen first. Let that be your priority. Not some misguided faith in someone that may very well be guilty as sin. Put your country first!

Old 04-03-2017, 05:53 PM

1,194 posts, read 726,424 times
Quote:
So what part of being wiretapped is not the same as routine intelligence that you may have incidentally been caught up in don't you understand? Just for grins lets say you're listening to a routine conversation with a Russian ambassador and you pick up information that the Trump campaign is colluding with the Russians to win the election. Are you supposed to not document that? I sincerely hope that as an American citizen your answer is not yes.

Obama is gone. Hillary didn't win. What's important is the here and now. What's important is getting to the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. The truth should be blind to partisan rhetoric.

Please read that list of Putin's objectives again and pay close attention to number 9. You ARE an AMERICAN citizen first. Let that be your priority. Not some misguided faith in someone that may very well be guilty as sin. Put your country first!
And now with new developments that Susan Rice requested to unmask names of Trump transition officials---Are "YOU" listening to your own advice.

"You ARE an AMERICAN citizen first. Let that be your priority. Not some misguided faith in someone that may very well be guilty as sin. Put your country first!"

Old 04-03-2017, 06:04 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
"Obama Silence---Obviously Guilty As Sin! "

Apparently Mr Obama has learned not to feed the trolls.
Does anyone remember when gw left office? He was pretty quiet, right? So, I wonder what he was guilty about?

Last edited by kat in aiken; 04-03-2017 at 06:15 PM..

Old 04-03-2017, 06:13 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,589 times
Maybe if Trump had kept his mouth shut, he wouldn't be in trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies