Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 10:38 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,934,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
"I hire only the best people."

How many people have since been fired and/or resigned from Trump's White House? 9 or 10 I believe?

What a joke. Trump is the president we deserve.
WARNING: This post contains sarcasm (humor). Audiences with the mentality of anyone who is 13 chronological years or less should not read this post in order to avoid extreme mental confusion and terminal bewilderment.

YOU and those who voted for him may deserve him; the rest of us don't. Has he emptied the swamp? No, they've actually had to enlarge every single alligator pond inside the beltway. Yesterday an alligator ate a toddler in downtown DC. This is not the first such incident.

Repeal and replace? What a farce! However, this never ending game playing by the repubs has managed to destabilize the health market in many places, so that Americans continue to pay more for less and some Americans who are covered discover that -actually - they are not. How about a bipartisan fix of what is broken? Unfortunately, Trump has no idea what to do - he started out campaigning that he would leave medicaid and medicare "untouched." Yeah, right. It's all been downhill from there.

Getting rid of NAFTA and bringing American manufacturing back again? Other than a couple of cosmetic, rah-rah announcements, good paying manufacturing jobs remain as scarce as hen's teeth. Action on NAFTA has been put off and the microelectronics manufacturing industry has yet to return to my hometown. Detroit is not exactly perky, and you still cannot find a single thing with the tag "made in the USA" these days. MAGA????????????????????

Unifying the country? LOL! I would laugh except that it's actually very sad.

Increased concern over an ever more possible nuclear exchange with N. Korea? YOUR "president" taunts a madman who thinks he is a god on twitter and indulges in childish displays of anger that would do a two year old proud. Whatever happened to "Speak softly and carry a big stick?" - Theodore Roosevelt (who wasn't exactly a pu$$y).

Denouncing science as a conspiracy of greedy con artists who are getting paid beaucoup bucks to spread "alarmism"? Maybe that's why republicans want to take away what healthcare the nation has. It's provided by medical scientists who get paid to lie about the germ theory of disease, make up fairy tales about the efficacy of setting bones, and other outrageous falsehoods. As everyone knows, the laws of thermodynamics were repealed by Congress during the Nixon years and this got rid of all science - inconvenient or not. The people of Puerto Rico can't thank Trump enough for turning climate science into heresy and then when the inevitable hurricanes began to strike - Trump first ignored what was going on, then did too little too late and finished up by waging a twitter war on the battered people of Puerto Rico even though Puerto Ricans STILL mostly don't have the Internet - never mind twitter - due to lack of electricity.

I could go on with this list of Trump inspired woes, but my fingerprints would wear off.

The happy day is coming when Trump will no longer be in office. With an only 34 - 35% approval rating, the Trump presidency can't end soon enough for the majority of Americans.

Last edited by Colorado Rambler; 10-02-2017 at 11:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 10:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
Interjecting another note of gloom and doom I would note that just because The Donald will serve out his single term does not mean he will go away. After all this greatest show of shows starring Himself has to and will go on forever.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:36 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
It's October and "repeal and replace on day 1" failed for the fourth and final time. LOL!

didnt take long for someone to try to pivot off of the topic

Polls? didnt they say Trump would not win the White House

next.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:40 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,394,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Many of us who grew up in the NYC area had him pegged as a con-man 35+ years ago and don't deserve him.
Correct! Us former or existing New Yorkers know a con-man when we see one. There's a reason why he was known as Con-Don in Queens.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:42 AM

8,379 posts, read 4,363,801 times
And America suffers more every day he is in office.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:58 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,430,476 times
It is a relief for me and my co-workers now that the Old President is gone, and President Trump is in office. Thank you President Trump for everything!

Old 10-02-2017, 03:46 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,656,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Do I like him? No.

Do I think he said what people wanted to hear and not how he actually felt in order to get elected? Yes.

Is he still POTUS? Yes.

We will revisit this in November.
How is this not trolling?

Old 10-02-2017, 03:55 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,656,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
It is a relief for me and my co-workers now that the Old President is gone, and President Trump is in office. Thank you President Trump for everything!
It's an embarrassment for the rest of America and the rest of America wish's we could have the old President back!!!!!

Old 10-02-2017, 04:01 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,102,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I never liked him, and I didn't vote for him.

I think he campaigned to get elected and wasn't honest about himself or his beliefs.

I think he is an egomaniac that should never have been elected.

I blame Democrats just as much as I blame Republicans for him being elected.

Do I think we are better off with him than Hillary? Yes. But I'd rather lose a finger than an arm, but I don't want to lose a finger.

Why do I do these posts each month, because I was annoyed by people who wanted impeachment for strictly partisan "my guy (or gal) lost, so I'm going to throw a temper tantrum and call for our system to be thrown in crisis" just weeks after he talk office.
I liked his stance on jobs, veterans and illegal aliens, so I did vote for him.

As I told a Democrat last week, "Then you should have offered up a better candidate."

Definitely agree we will always have "Trump is better than Hillary."

The thing that was most interesting about the "impeachment" posts was the obvious ignorance displayed. I was embarrassed for them. Don't they know how to google or remember anything from high school, I do, and it has been 45 years! Actually, many that post such nonsense are good for a

Old 10-02-2017, 04:41 PM

9,721 posts, read 14,259,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I believe "resist" means different things to different people. For me it means, constantly writing my Congressmen to make my opinions heard on issues I disagree with. It means, donating my time and money to refugees in my state, financially supporting causes that I support and the president opposes and, being active in political action groups, both locally and nationally that oppose his agenda. As far as protests go, not really a good use of my time but I don't discourage others. And, although I seriously doubt Trump will be reelected in 2020, at that point, it won't matter to me. I will be retiring that year and out of the good ole USA.

Thanks for that response, which is well thought out. I respect your opinions. The word "Resist" to some, means they want to railroad President Trump out of office, and do their best to foil any of his attempts to make life better for all Americans. The word "Resist" to many is nothing but hate mongering. I'm glad to read your intelligent answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies