Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 05:52 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times

Advertisements

Meh. If anyone is in trouble, and I had to put money on it.

Flynn, and Manafort.

Important part of this is if its a state court, Trump cannot pardon them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 05:53 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Best Guess ..... Nobody. I suspect there is a reason that Adam Schiff has no "specifics" about anything.
Fake News?

From the Daily Beast .......

Senate Trump-Russia Probe Has No Full-Time Staff, No Key Witnesses -
Just seven part-time staffers are working on the Senate inquiry. Not one is a trained investigator. And they haven’t interviewed a single player in Trump’s orbit.
|Daily Beast - 4/23/17

“It’s either a real investigation or not,” said one individual with knowledge of the committee’s activities. “You have to have an approved investigative guide. You have to make it formal. Can you have a credible investigation with only seven part-time staffers, doing everything in secret?”
This is despite the committee’s leadership giving off a bipartisan, cooperative impression to the public.

Of the seven staffers so far assigned to review classified documents related to the Russia investigation, none of them has prosecutorial or investigative experience, according to three sources with ties to the committee.
Most of them lack a background in Russia expertise. Not one of the seven is a lawyer.
Discussion of grand juries and indictments are totally separate from the house and Senate investigations, which have been disappointingly slow. There is a closed door hearing Thursday. Comey and Brennan or Clapper - forget which.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:54 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Giuliani. Page, unless he flipped. Stone.

Rumors about trump children as well.
Lol. "He went to Jared..."

Old 05-01-2017, 05:54 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Mickey Mouse or Goofy to be sure as they are obviously complicit has hell!
I agree that likely it will just be a few expendable clowns and some are already out of the circus so why not indict them?

Then we, the public, will be expected to be content and told that nobody else in the clown car is tainted.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
From comments at another board:

"NY state may be Trump's Achilles' heel. Word on the street is that NY AG Schneiderman is going after Trump with a RICO case and that he has all of the files Preet Bharara had assembled for the federal case Bharara was working on before Trump fired him:"

Claude Taylor‏ @TrueFactsStated
Remember when Trump fired Preet Bharara after saying he wouldn't? Remember how it took Preet a day or so to vacate his office?

Claude Taylor‏ @TrueFactsStated
I'm told by my source that Bharara took that time while still in office to collect and transfer all Trump files to AG Schneiderman.

"Ten members and associates of the Bonanno organized crime family, including alleged acting captain Ronald Giallanzo, were arrested early Tuesday by the FBI and NYPD Joint Organized Crime Task Force, officials said. The 37-count federal indictment charges the men with operating a racketeering conspiracy since 1998 that earned them more than $26 million in illicit proceeds, according to prosecutors."

It has been reported this group has ties to Felix Sater, Trump's former Senior Advisor.
Central to these claims is Claude Taylor

According to his Twitter account:

Claude Taylor
@ TrueFactsStated
undisclosed location near DC
Veteran of three presidential campaigns, served on White House staff (Clinton). Actively engaged in protecting and preserving our democracy.

He appears to be a photographer and why he is "in the know" isn't really clear.

His Twittering is back and forth with another conspiracy theorist a certain
Louise Mensch
@ LouiseMensch
Replying to @TrueFactsStated
I hope they included all the Weiner files

Now that I see that name associated with Claude Taylor and suspect the only involvement he has with political connections is via the camera I think he may be just striving for his 15 seconds of Internet fame.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:23 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Central to these claims is Claude Taylor

According to his Twitter account:

Claude Taylor
@ TrueFactsStated
undisclosed location near DC
Veteran of three presidential campaigns, served on White House staff (Clinton). Actively engaged in protecting and preserving our democracy.

He appears to be a photographer and why he is "in the know" isn't really clear.
Served on the White house staff perhaps? LOL.
Quote:
His Twittering is back and forth with another conspiracy theorist a certain
Louise Mensch
@ LouiseMensch
Replying to @TrueFactsStated
I hope they included all the Weiner files

Now that I see that name associated with Claude Taylor and suspect the only involvement he has with political connections is via the camera I think he may be just striving for his 15 seconds of Internet fame.
Mensch IS a conspiracy theorists, but also well known for releasing news scoops. Mensch is a her by the way, and used to be a member of parliament.

Both have inside contacts. Both have the credentials to back it up. Being wrong would be a blow to Taylor, I dont know about Mensch.

Odds.....50/50. They do have a history of this sort of thing, but again theres a LOT of wishful thinking and self deception out there. Could just as easily be some 3rd level staffer abused kids 12 years ago.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:16 PM

Wait a second.....

I am seriously confused by the Wall Street Journal.

They reported that Preet joined the State of New York as a prosecutor which lends strong credibility to idea there are two grand juries and the transfer of files.

See: https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-yor...use-1489964489

However, Time in April 26, 2017 interview with Preet claim he was still searching for his next big ***.
"As for what's next, Bharara said he's still trying to figure that out."
Time Time 100: Preet Bharara Has No Plans to Enter Politics | Time.com

If Preet was working for NY AG as Wall Street claimed why does Time make it appear he is not?

Anyone know what Preet is really doing?

########

I can't read. I looked again at WSJ article. It reads

"Democrat Eric Schneiderman has hired one of the top public-corruption prosecutors under former Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara to focus specifically on issues involving the Trump administration."

The key word I missed was "UNDER". They hired Howard Master.

It is conceivable that Howard Master is indeed currently doing exactly what the WSJ claims.

So keep thread. There is a chance there really something here.

Here is a better explanation
Preet Bharara gave all his evidence on Donald Trump to New York Attorney General before firing - Palmer Report

Last edited by pbmaise; 05-01-2017 at 07:46 PM..

Old 05-01-2017, 07:23 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
John Schindler is also hearing what Claude and Louise are saying, and he's very well-connected in the IC. Also, I heard someone from WaPo was on Morning Joe today and said there was an indictment being worked on, but I didn't catch the details.

Preet is at NYU now. Another interesting Twitter follow.

Rachel Maddow had speculated, as have many others, that Preet did not agree to tender his resignation but insisted that trump and sessions fire him so that he had an extra day in his office to take action. He was working on a lot of different cases at the time, including an investigation of Tom Price. People are saying he may have transferred info to Erik Schneiderman, the NY AG.

Time will tell.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:30 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Bill Palmer, Louise Mensch and Claude Taylor all have one thing in common: they all share unconfirmed rumors and make speculations about what could be true and what might happen. They throw things up on the wall and some of it sticks, some of it doesn't. Maybe we'll see 25% or 50% accuracy rate if we're lucky. But they shouldn't be dismissed if they get something wrong; they aren't in the business of being right all the time.

If they have good sources giving them leaks then they play an important role. I certainly don't trust the Trump administration and I don't trust the MSM to doggedly pursue this stuff either.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-02-2017 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: deleted uoted post

Old 05-02-2017, 12:20 AM

Forget the small fries.

My prediction is at least one billionaire will be named.

Betsy DeVos?

#1 Remember the communication of Trump's computer with a bank in Russia. Reread the article at:
Was a server registered to the Trump Organization communicating with Russia’s Alfa Bank?

#2 Search that article for Spectrum Health.
"A small portion of the logs showed communication with a server belonging to Michigan-based Spectrum Health. (The company said in a statement: “Spectrum Health does not have a relationship with Alfa Bank or any of the Trump organizations

#3 What Spectrum Health failed to say is they operate the Helen DeVos Hospital. Which not coincidentally is the same family name as Trump's Education Secretary Betsy DeVos.

https://www.spectrumhealth.org/found...tal/who-we-are

#4 Now can anyone think of a good reason why the DeVos family was possibly the only other recipient of encrypted messages between a computer owned by Trump, and a computer in Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies