Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 10:12 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,871,374 times

Advertisements

Capitol Police drag disabled protesters out of wheelchairs during Trumpcare protests | The Independent

The website link shows Capitol Hill Police swarming the scene and aggressively yanking a disabled person from a wheelchair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeZ7JqJff4w

I am beginning to think that many people in states like Kentucky vote for people who have a disdain for the most vulnerable because their states are failing and the residents of those states like to vote for the politicians that will take away services that provide the disabled with a halfway dignified quality of life or at least services that make things more tolerable for them.

I guess the world is not a friendly or happy place to the people of states like Kentucky, so they vote the most unfriendly politicians they can.

I apologize Kentucky, but voting for Senators that don't like disabled people isn't going to bring coal back or help your states drug issue that is overwhelming the state.

They are so furious that coal isn't coming back, that they vote for politicians that will take away access to vital health care services for severely physically disabled.

Oh, well I guess people in Kentucky vote for people without values who believe that disabled people shouldn't have first amendment rights.

Will be interesting when the already overwhelmed health care system in coal states like Kentucky and West Virginia fails if the Grand Old Party gets it's wish.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 06-22-2017 at 10:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 10:33 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,637,229 times
Hmm..nowhere in the article does it say what supposed "REPUBLICAN" called the cops. Since the OP is clearly trying to smear the Republican party, perhaps the OP would be so kind as to tell us who it was...

Old 06-22-2017, 10:39 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,871,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Hmm..nowhere in the article does it say what supposed "REPUBLICAN" called the cops. Since the OP is clearly trying to smear the Republican party, perhaps the OP would be so kind as to tell us who it was...
I think it fair to say that Chuck Schumer or Elizabeth Warren didn't call the cops on these disabled Americans that were just using their founding fathers constitutional rights.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:47 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,637,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I think it fair to say that Chuck Schumer or Elizabeth Warren didn't call the cops on these disabled Americans that were just using their founding fathers constitutional rights.
So, in other words, your thread title is a lie. Im surprised you didn't pin this on Trump. Perhaps you can re-title the thread:

"TRUMPS SS squad swooped in and marched off peaceful protesters to the local TRUMP concentration camp"

Old 06-22-2017, 10:48 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,903,172 times
This is the Republicans Don’t Care Health Bill for the country!
Shame on the GOP!

Old 06-22-2017, 10:55 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,815,630 times
Quote:
I personally feel that society shouldn't reward poor women who for having babies with tax money, but with one is talking a physically disabled person it is different.

I disagree with many social programs, but health-care for the severely disabled is one of those they should keep as a moral obligation.

There is a massive difference between someone on welfare that gets pregnant yearly and someone who is severely physically disabled through no fault of their own.

I am all for a safety-net for the physically disabled. Society should do all it can to ensure they at least are able to live a dignified life.
You're assuming all social programs fund the poor women having babies thing? But for elderly, disabled folks it's alright, please tax away? I don't get it.

Well, as a young person. I can pitch it back to you as, why would you essentially discriminate via social programs then. Why not help all folks who are genuinely in need for fundamental services (education, healthcare, housing, food)? I already pay taxes towards FICA to help elderly pay for their healthcare and social security. But why not other social programs to help others around me who aren't elderly and disabled?

Old 06-23-2017, 12:19 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,878,020 times
so a bunch of protesters invade mcconnells office, probably blocking the hallways, and creating havoc in and outside mcconnells office, and some of you think they should be allowed to just do what they want because they are disabled?

also how many of those people actually read the bill mcconnell released just three hours before? chances are very few of them did, and they were only going on what those with an agenda proclaimed about the bill.

so what laws are the disabled allowed to break? i am on dialysis and thus disabled, does this mean i can can cause problems in government offices and get away with it? am i now above the law as a result of my disability?

Old 06-23-2017, 12:59 AM

26,658 posts, read 28,724,063 times
Probably none of these people read the bill. That's because it was kept secret. But they had a good idea if what was,in the bill; they knew it would be mean.

They have a right to protest...did their wheelchairs take up too much space? Or maybe it didn't make a positive impression for the Repubs.

This bill may even have to get more cruel for it to gain enough votes. Things like this mean bill are stmptomatic
of the loss of our country. I'd advise young people to move to a decent state or try to start a new life in another country. America is gone.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:11 AM

37,953 posts, read 17,893,612 times
Quote:
Capitol Police drag disabled protesters out of wheelchairs during Trumpcare protests | The Independent

The website link shows Capitol Hill Police swarming the scene and aggressively yanking a disabled person from a wheelchair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeZ7JqJff4w

I am beginning to think that many people in states like Kentucky vote for people who have a disdain for the most vulnerable because their states are failing and the residents of those states like to vote for the politicians that will take away services that provide the disabled with a halfway dignified quality of life or at least services that make things more tolerable for them.

I guess the world is not a friendly or happy place to the people of states like Kentucky, so they vote the most unfriendly politicians they can.

I apologize Kentucky, but voting for Senators that don't like disabled people isn't going to bring coal back or help your states drug issue that is overwhelming the state.

They are so furious that coal isn't coming back, that they vote for politicians that will take away access to vital health care services for severely physically disabled.

Oh, well I guess people in Kentucky vote for people without values who believe that disabled people shouldn't have first amendment rights.

Will be interesting when the already overwhelmed health care system in coal states like Kentucky and West Virginia fails if the Grand Old Party gets it's wish.
Another dishonest post of yours about conservatives.
Absolutely despicable to say Kentucky senators don't like disabled people. But when progressive policies are known failures the thing to do is deflect and make up things about what conservatives believe in.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:15 AM

37,953 posts, read 17,893,612 times
Quote:
I personally feel that society shouldn't reward poor women who for having babies with tax money, but with one is talking a physically disabled person it is different.

I disagree with many social programs, but health-care for the severely disabled is one of those they should keep as a moral obligation.

There is a massive difference between someone on welfare that gets pregnant yearly and someone who is severely physically disabled through no fault of their own.

I am all for a safety-net for the physically disabled. Society should do all it can to ensure they at least are able to live a dignified life.
Government isn't moral. Society isn't government. That's what you don't get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies