Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 03:15 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times

Advertisements

Honestly, I don't think this speaks to Trump specifically. It's more about just how divided our nation is. It's about conservatives fearing and hating what liberals stand for and vice Versa. As Trump himself said, he could stand in the middle of 5th Ave., shoot someone and not lose any supporters. But it's not because of Trump the individual. He just tells conservatives what they want to hear. If Pence were in office it would be the same. We are a VERY divided country and there is no end in sight.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:17 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Acting like Nazis??? Come on man, you are smarter than that (so you claim).
How is the above traits I listed not describe the Trump administration?

Just because a World War hasn't started doesn't mean he's not a comparable. Hitler took about 10 or so years to rise to power and specifically used the economic problems of the Great Depression to gain power and then start scapegoating Jews. It was only until the Great Depression really hit everyone was when he wanted the legislature to give him full power (i.e. super majority, which some on this forum wants a GOP super majority in 2018/2020). Then all kinds of crap happened afterwards.

Americans want change (due to jobs jobs jobs), guy (Trump) comes along, hey I'll give you so many jobs you won't believe it. It's all due to that regulation crap, I'll kill it and the jobs will come back! I'll ask you to build a wall for me cause Mexicans rapists are pouring over our border. (i.e. scapegoating).

Seems too familiar to what's happening....

If you think getting rid of the EPA, Education, etc.. will create jobs, or if Mexicans are the ones taking the jobs away, I question where is your logic.

Edit: If you think our institution (checks & balances) will save us, think again, that's what the Germans thought too.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:18 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Came to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what Trump does. He could order the EPA to dump radioactive waste into everyone's backyard, and his hardcore supporters will cheer it on if it pissed liberals off, even if their own backyard is contaminated
LMAO! Well, they did tell you that. They clearly said the system is broken because of liberals and republicans, we want you out. We don't like your crap. We will vote for Trump to drain that swamp in Washington. If it pisses you off that means we're doing a good job. What part of that during the election did you not understand??

Old 04-12-2017, 03:19 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
There needs to be an age limit on posters, most of these stupid left wing posts just have to be done by children. You all look like fools.....

Old 04-12-2017, 03:22 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Based solely on the OP's thread title, this is true more so than in any past presidency I have seen. All presidents have their supporters and detractors. And despite varying %'s of popularity, I think the country will always be technically split down the middle.

What has honestly befuddled me about Trump supporters (in general of course) is I feel there is much more of supporters blindly following this president than any before him. And those supporters spew hate or whatever against anyone who dares says anything negative about him. Really? I can find fault in anyone, including myself.
If you didn't vote for Obama, let alone criticize him, you were called racist. Do you not remember this? Heck, this was even done to democratic Hillary supporters.

I personally found that to be a pretty hateful tactic as well as hugely divisive and I was an Obama 08' voter.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:22 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Came to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what Trump does. He could order the EPA to dump radioactive waste into everyone's backyard, and his hardcore supporters will cheer it on if it pissed liberals off, even if their own backyard is contaminated
We don't care if the Libs are pissed or not; we just don't want them running the government.

The rest of your post is exaggerated nonsense, and is indicative of why Libs keep losing.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:23 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
How is the above traits I listed not describe the Trump administration?

Just because a World War hasn't started doesn't mean he's not a comparable. Hitler took about 10 or so years to rise to power and specifically used the economic problems of the Great Depression to gain power and then start scapegoating Jews. It was only until the Great Depression really hit everyone was when he wanted the legislature to give him full power (i.e. super majority, which some on this forum wants a GOP super majority in 2018/2020). Then all kinds of crap happened afterwards.

Americans want change (due to jobs jobs jobs), guy (Trump) comes along, hey I'll give you so many jobs you won't believe it. It's all due to that regulation crap, I'll kill it and the jobs will come back! I'll ask you to build a wall for me cause Mexicans rapists are pouring over our border. (i.e. scapegoating).

Seems too familiar to what's happening....

If you think getting rid of the EPA, Education, etc.. will create jobs, or if Mexicans are the ones taking the jobs away, I question where is your logic.
I don't need to question my logic because my mothers' family lived through the holcaust. For you to even compare the two makes me halt this conversation. And I doubt anything I tell you would change your mind anyway.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:24 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
All right, calm down Mr. Jones, we have a nice soft room for you where we will keep you safe from the American Holocaust.....WTH dude....you've gone way past birther.
Are you denying the accuracy of the traits that describes a fascist or not?

If you can't see the parallels with the administration, you need a wake up call. Trump/Spicer/Kellyanne has been gaslighting America since day 1.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:25 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ahh so you want to stop talking about it when held to account to your words. So here's a question for you. What demonstration of hate have I "spewed" at you? (your words)
Oh stop. I didn't say hate, and I will not debate your viewpoint on how you "hold" me to my words. Effort in futility from my end. So with that, I will leave conversing politically (Trump specific) with you and later on have a rum & diet while raising my glass o you.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:30 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
I don't need to question my logic because my mothers' family lived through the holcaust. For you to even compare the two makes me halt this conversation. And I doubt anything I tell you would change your mind anyway.
I stopped listening to or responding to anyone making the Nazi/Hitler comparison (on either side). Frankly it's an insult to those who lived through it or were effected directly it. Jew and non-Jew alike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies