Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2017, 08:13 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
An insecure little man has discovered what military power feels like and he's now crazed with it.

He is unstable and insane, he is trying to distract from the Russia investigation and his miserable polls, he is being his usual bully self, and he called the military "my military" today. Just like crazy Kim Jong-un would.

He thinks he is some kind of big man now, and I think he will destroy the world if his enablers allow it. Nobody, including Trump, has a clue what he'll do next, and it is frightening.

I remember the same alpha dog chest-thumping when we invaded Iraq. I remember arguing with people about the idiocy of the Iraq War. I remember the last two years with people on this forum, including conservatives, claiming it was not them who were in favor of the Iraq War and running from the responsibility. I remember these people calling Hillary a war monger.

We now have someone who is not only a war monger, but an emotional, immature, insecure, and ignorant war monger. I pray he will be impeached before he is allowed to destroy the country and the world. He will start WW III if not stopped, and nuclear weapons will be involved.

I hope all the insecure people claiming that this alpha male bombing crap represents 'strength' remember this when they are all running away from the sad results in a couple of years.
I cannot disagree with any of this. The Emperor gives me the creeps.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:15 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Run to your safe room if you are scared. Our enemies had 8 years of easy times and that is coming abruptly to an end.
Eight years? They've been laughing at us since the first week back in the early 2000's - I think that's about 15 years ago. Trillions spent - untold Americans dead, injured and exposed to PTSD, etc.....and, tell me, who is going to run the country when we are done:

1. Trump
2. The Taliban or some other related ground who live there or helps them.

If you think the Taliban are scared you haven't been paying attention. They took on the FULL might of the Russian Military and it ended up destroying the Soviet Union. The Brits maintain a large cemetery there also.

You are proof positive that Trump was completely FOS when he said "American First" and that we need not gt involved in all these crazy affairs. Remember - we were there to get Bin Laden and a real POTUS took care of that already.

At this point these things are just an excuse to spend money so we can''t fix America, give everyone health care, improve our train network and highways, etc.

In other words....it's about money.

Speaking of money....somtime you should read about the "good" government of Afghanistan that we support and how much they are behind our opiate crisis as well as how many billions they stole directly from us.

Amazing. Really.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:27 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Eight years? They've been laughing at us since the first week back in the early 2000's - I think that's about 15 years ago. Trillions spent - untold Americans dead, injured and exposed to PTSD, etc.....and, tell me, who is going to run the country when we are done:

1. Trump
2. The Taliban or some other related ground who live there or helps them.

If you think the Taliban are scared you haven't been paying attention. They took on the FULL might of the Russian Military and it ended up destroying the Soviet Union. The Brits maintain a large cemetery there also.

You are proof positive that Trump was completely FOS when he said "American First" and that we need not gt involved in all these crazy affairs. Remember - we were there to get Bin Laden and a real POTUS took care of that already.

At this point these things are just an excuse to spend money so we can''t fix America, give everyone health care, improve our train network and highways, etc.

In other words....it's about money.

Speaking of money....somtime you should read about the "good" government of Afghanistan that we support and how much they are behind our opiate crisis as well as how many billions they stole directly from us.

Amazing. Really.
This.

Compare the average Taliban soldier to the average American one. One is a battle hardened man, growing up in a near perpetual state of war and fighting for a cause, belief and country against a foreign invader.

The American one is some dumba** kid who was naive or dumb enough to believe he was "defendin' his kuntryy" so he enlisted, plus he gets to wear a cool uniform and might get a scholarship afterwards to attend a community college.

Who wins that war of attrition?

Old 04-13-2017, 08:31 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times
Who has time for scholarships when you're fighting mutants in the apocalyptic wasteland for scraps?

Old 04-13-2017, 08:36 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
This.

Compare the average Taliban soldier to the average American one. One is a battle hardened man, growing up in a near perpetual state of war and fighting for a cause, belief and country against a foreign invader.

The American one is some dumba** kid who was naive or dumb enough to believe he was "defendin' his kuntryy" so he enlisted, plus he gets to wear a cool uniform and might get a scholarship afterwards to attend a community college.

Who wins that war of attrition?
Do you know any Taliban soldiers? Do you know any American soldiers? So American soldiers are the dumb ass, Taliban soldiers are the freedom fighters victim little flowers.

LOL

I see what you are doing there.

This is my prediction.

A Taliban fighter will not admire or praise an enemy soldier, but they can and will recognize valor and skill. They have to, because they have learned that underestimating Americans can lead to getting killed fast. They have more respect for American soldiers than they do for American media, politicians, movies and corporations which are perceived as distant confusing entities.

This is sort of a sarcastic answer but It could well be true. I've never seen any interviews or videos of how the Taliban rates the US military cause chances are , if they have actually fought against them for any amount of time they are now DEAD. So I guess your not going to get anything out of them.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Do you know any Taliban soldiers? Do you know any American soldiers? So American soldiers are the dumb ass, Taliban soldiers are the freedom fighters victim little flowers.

LOL

I see what you are doing there.

This is my prediction.

A Taliban fighter will not admire or praise an enemy soldier, but they can and will recognize valor and skill. They have to, because they have learned that underestimating Americans can lead to getting killed fast. They have more respect for American soldiers than they do for American media, politicians, movies and corporations which are perceived as distant confusing entities.

This is sort of a sarcastic answer but It could well be true. I've never seen any interviews or videos of how the Taliban rates the US military cause chances are , if they have actually fought against them for any amount of time they are now DEAD. So I guess your not going to get anything out of them.
I know both. My İmam growing up fought in the Mujahadeen resistance in the 1980's against the soviets, as well as my good friend's father who emigrated to the US in the 1990's. I know we have extreme American exceptionalist short memories here, but these two guys were *aided by the CIA* to recruit American Muslims to go fight for Al-Qaeda. Back then they were freedom fighters, now that they no longer help the American narrative, not so much.

I also knew a lot of American soldiers. Most were folks whom couldn't get in to college and didn't have a lot of options coming out of high school. The few talented ones went to academies to become officers but they are not the average, they are the exception.

The respect for "getting killed fast" doesn't really come out of respect for American bravery or skills. Rather it's an understanding and respect for being highly out gunned and well behind the US from a technology perspective.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
I know both. My İmam growing up fought in the Mujahadeen resistance in the 1980's against the soviets, as well as my good friend's father who emigrated to the US in the 1990's.

I also knew a lot of American soldiers. Most were folks whom couldn't get in to college and didn't have a lot of options coming out of high school. The few talented ones went to academies to become officers but they are not the average, they are the exception.

The respect for "getting killed fast" doesn't really come out of respect for American bravery or skills. Rather it's an understanding and respect for being highly out gunned and well behind the US from a technology perspective.
The bold, you know nothing about U.S. combat soldiers. I can tell you that much.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
The bold, you know nothing about U.S. combat soldiers. I can tell you that much.

Tell me why anyone with a lot of options would join a military only to murder and suppress third world people's in order to secure the interests of the modern Roman Empire? Either they're desperate, sick (want to hurt people), or naive.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Tell me why anyone with a lot of options would join a military only to murder and suppress third world people's in order to secure the interests of the modern Roman Empire? Either they're desperate, sick (want to hurt people), or naive.
I see now you quickly changed your talking point. I don't respect that.

You said, American soldiers are the dumb ass, which is biased to say the least.

Maybe you should see how these folks fight, some examples, I can give you

1st Battalion, 4th Marines, 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines, 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines, 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines, 2nd Battalion, 5th Marines, 2nd Battalion, 7th Marines, Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 362 (HMH-362), 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Recon Battalions, 1st Battalion, 5th Marines, the there are a lot more, like india battery 312 the artillery guys.

I wish I can list some army unit and airforce and navy, but I am not so familiar with them.

You really need to learn a thing or two, people will take you a little more seriously if you are fair and balanced.

It is okay to criticize foreign policy, I don't like American foreign policy, but to say taliban soldiers are better than american ones, you are out of your mind!

Old 04-13-2017, 09:10 PM

Quote:
I see now you quickly changed your talking point. I don't respect that.

You said, American soldiers are the dumb ass, which is biased to say the least.

Maybe you should see how these folks fight, some examples, I can give you

1st Battalion, 4th Marines, 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines, 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines, 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines, 2nd Battalion, 5th Marines, 2nd Battalion, 7th Marines, Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 362 (HMH-362), 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Recon Battalions, 1st Battalion, 5th Marines, the there are a lot more, like india battery 312 the artillery guys.

I wish I can list some army unit and airforce and navy, but I am not so familiar with them.

You really need to learn a thing or two, people will take you a little more seriously if you are fair and balanced.

It is okay to criticize foreign policy, I don't like American foreign policy, but to say taliban soldiers are better than american ones, you are out of your mind!
I expounded. I would take the battle hardened Taliban fighter, willing to die for his cause versus some naive American cowboy whom wants to do his tour and get out so he can go back home to his g/f and move on with his GI bill.

And watch...after almost 20 years the Americans still can not defeat the Taliban and they never will. They will lose...just like the Soviets, British and French before them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies