Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2017, 06:40 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm from the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area. How did I not know he started his career here?
Mr O'Reilly claims to have grown up in the same place I did. I dunno if true & don't care in any event. He's an opportunist is all. & a cry-bully. 'Ode To An Opportunistic Cry-Bbbully' what will they think of next? Sheeesh. Saw him twice, first time over 15 years ago (was introduced to him) & last time in passing. His show was definitely overrated imho. As was said I think in another thread? The fate of opinions such as his has been decided in the free marketplace of ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 06:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
If this was the greatest news show, this pretty much solidify the nation is still very racist. Bill O'Reilly spoke bad on black people for 20 years. Good riddance!!!!!

Hey Bill O'Reilly, YOU MAD, YOU MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why did you have to bring race into this? Why do some think everything is about racehe
?

Old 04-20-2017, 06:48 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There's another possibility. Hannity may have been encouraging some employees to file suit to eliminate the competition.

YouTube is full of out take clips of O' Reilly having huge temper tantrums over the years.

His divorce and custody battle has been all over the NY tabloid papers for years. When your daughter testifies that her father dragged her mother down the stairs by her neck.........He sought a court order to seal his divorce documents.

There's been a local buzz about alcoholism, on and off the wagon thing, for years.

Just because one loves the guy does not mean he's a saint, off camera. Just because one dislikes the guy does not automatically make him guilty of all claims.

None of us know what's what off camera. Opinions are not facts.
This may just be opinion, too, of unhappy former FOX employees, but I have read several accounts of people who said they worked there, and that O'Reilly was more or less despised by all as a spoiled diva and a bully who terrorized his staff.

On the air, I thought he was better than Hannity, in terms of treatment of his guests (not that either was stellar, but Hannity is far worse), but to his credit, I have never heard any stories of bad behavior by Hannity off-camera.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:49 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
There is no question Roger Ailes sustained a culture of silence as it related to the treatment of women. Gretchen Carlson changed all that when she began taping.

Seems unlikely Fox would pay shut up money and sacrifice their #1 based on frivolous claims. Sounds like he may have been taped, too.

O' Reilly is 67. He has more money than he can ever hope to spend. No doubt the settlement compensates him well in exchange for a non- compete.

He will likely continue to hit the speaker's circuit to remain relevant.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:50 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
For the record, Bill O'reilly was not a "news" show....

Old 04-20-2017, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
This may just be opinion, too, of unhappy former FOX employees, but I have read several accounts of people who said they worked there, and that O'Reilly was more or less despised by all as a spoiled diva and a bully who terrorized his staff.
Out takes have been posted on YouTube for years.

He clearly has some serious anger management issues.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:55 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
For the record, Bill O'reilly was not a "news" show....
For the record, it was a "news" show, the best "news" show in history.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:56 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Didn't Bill O'reilly's daughter testify that she witnessed him choking their mom??? How can his fans spin that one?

Unless conservatives consider the eye-witness testimony of a 17 year old girl "fake news."

Old 04-20-2017, 06:57 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,498,040 times
Personally I like Tucker better, because there is actual banter back and forth and both parties can speak even though they disagree and get nowhere. What bothers me the most about news and opinions programs is that people are never really allowed to debate. It's 2 minutes of headline noting and quoting back and forth and your done, the hosts always cut them short "we have to take a break" or "we have to move on now". Why? it's a better topic than the upcoming headline about some random viral video of a dad giving his son baseball tickets, such garbage filling the air lately.

I will admit I stick to more radio programs that are right because I get to listen to the hosts talk, discuss, and get in-depth on issues that concern them. So I turn to Levin, Rush, and Dan Bongino the most, used to listen to Michael Savage but he has gone off the deep end with conspiracies and lunacy as of late. I mainly do podcasts so I listen next day on my commute, but back OT I don't pay much attention to Hannity because he is guilty of this cutoff routine. O'Reilly actually had time to discuss his points to a degree, I'd like to see him setup a podcast or joinup with CRTV.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post

On the air, I thought he was better than Hannity, in terms of treatment of his guests (not that either was stellar, but Hannity is far worse), but to his credit, I have never heard any stories of bad behavior by Hannity off-camera.
Hannity is a different kind of animal.

In 2015, he continued to beat the Ebola Drum long after other opinionators and networks let it go. Night after night, Hannity had so called experts on to inform viewers that Ebola was likely airborn and we were doomed and it was all Obama's fault. He sustained a false perception that planes full of Ebola infected passengers were flying non- stop from Africa to the US.

Once the mid terms were over, he abruptly ceased covering Ebola and announced it was no longer news.

It was one of the most effective and enduring fake news cycles in history and had an impact on mid terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies