Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 10:09 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
And for damn sure wouldn't be sitting in a wheelchair while Trump kissed his wife.
I wouldn't let that creep near my daughter or my wife.

Old 04-23-2017, 10:30 AM

957 posts, read 758,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
What an honor it is.

I like how Trump is genuine in the way he touches the soldier and shakes his hand. A lot of honesty and gratitude in his emotions, not manufactured and fake like other politicians.
Genuine my ass. It was more like a photo op and he essentially congratulated him for getting his leg amputated.
Normally the awarding of a Purple Heart is done privately and the President thanks the awardee for their service. They don't congratulate them for getting wounded in combat. It's not meant to be a photo op to feed the President's ego.

Old 04-23-2017, 10:36 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
THIS is how you give Purple Heart:

Why George W. Bush Let a Soldier's Mom Yell at Him

The soldier was intubated. The president [Bush] talked quietly with the family at the foot of the patient’s bed. I looked up at the ceiling so that I could hold back tears.

After he visited with them for a bit, the president turned to the military aide and said, “Okay, let’s do the presentation.” The wounded soldier was being awarded the Purple Heart, given to troops that suffer wounds in combat.

Everyone stood silently while the military aide in a low and steady voice presented the award. At the end of it, the Marine’s little boy tugged on the president’s jacket and asked, “What’s a Purple Heart?”

The president got down on one knee and pulled the little boy closer to him. He said, “It’s an award for your dad, because he is very brave and courageous, and because he loves his country so much. And I hope you know how much he loves you and your mom, too.”....

Old 04-23-2017, 10:40 AM

957 posts, read 758,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Did you see him posing with Ted Nugent recently?

Link
Yep, a couple of draft dodging Pedophiles getting together.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:31 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I wouldn't let that creep near my daughter or my wife.
Sgt. Barriento didn't look like he was all that thrilled about it either.

Trump kissing his wife was so disrespectful, I'm surprised he did it.

I used to work around men who would have shook their head with the first kiss and landed a punch with second. Particularly, given Trump's reputation.

Obviously, Sgt. Barriento was not in a position to do much but just sit there and take it.

Which made the whole event even more repulsive.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:49 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
That he turned this this into a filmed campaign/PR event turns my stomach.

That he congratulated the Sgt. for being wounded instead of a grateful nation thanking him for his dedication to duty and sacrifice ...

But watching Trump reach over and kiss the man's wife twice was the limit for me.

It's one thing to demonstrate your dominance by jerking a person to you in a handshake, quite another to kiss a man's wife right in front of him.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:53 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Well, let's hope next time he doesn't go to a fallen soldier's wife to present the heart and do the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies