Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 10:52 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You sound remarkably close minded and judgmental in that post.

It reminds me of this one old GOP loyalist neighbor I had that thought the majority of the LGBT community lived every day like the pride parade in the Castro district.
Perhaps, but I really meant it. A lot of conservatives that didn't agree with Obama on policy wondered why people would assume they were racists. In large part, it was because of past experiences with people like bar guy, the woman who compared Michelle Obama to a gorilla in heels, etc. Stereotyping can happen to anybody. There's some irony in that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 10:52 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I don't think those people will ever shut up. You've got at least a half dozen of them on here that are bat**** crazy, and act like democrats drink babies blood for breakfast and want to force everyone to become a Muslim, turn gay, and give them a welfare check.
All you have to do is look at news footage from the 50's and 60's from Mississippi. All these old Democrats would be openly dropping n-bombs talking about blacks needling to "know their place" on the evening news. The majority of them died out or were eventually humiliated into submission.

You have a lot to learn.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:56 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Do they love him as much as Trump does?
He's a fascistic dictator, who'd revive a fascist version of the old Soviet Union if he could.

I actually do not know one solitary person who holds a favorable opinion of Putin.

The tiny fringe element who have publicly said nice things about Putin in the past? I think were just trying to point out how pro-Russia Putin is, and then contrast this with our own president 0bama, who, at every available opportunity, was actively talking down the USA and its citizens.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:59 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
All you have to do is look at news footage from the 50's and 60's from Mississippi. All these old Democrats would be openly dropping n-bombs talking about blacks needling to "know their place" on the evening news. The majority of them died out or were eventually humiliated into submission.

You have a lot to learn.
Racist segregationist Democrats like Sen. Robert "KKK" Byrd filibustered the Civil Rights Act, and after he did that, was elected as the Democratic Party's US Senate leader. So no, they really did not die out, they were promoted.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:

You have a lot to learn.
When we get the last of the Jim Crow era folks in the ground, that will help. But the racists didn't all become enlightened. They just became quiet. Unfortunately, Trump's election had them emboldened to speak out again for awhile, but they seem to have crawled back under their rocks for now.

And by saying I have a lot to learn, you now sound judgemental and as though you are speaking down to me like I am a young child, which I am not.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:05 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Putin had obama and hillary eating out of his hand.

Now Putin plays the democrats as useful idiots to further divide the country, even further than obama did with the help of the propagandized media.

Trump has not performed any favors for Putin, unlike obama and hillary and the now the democrat party and media.

If GWB could fool hillary on iraq, she isn't even a challenge to Putin.

As Obama demonstrated his absolute incompetence in calling isis the jv team, drawing an imaginary red line, warnning isis of bombing raids and subsidizing Iran and its export of terrorism around the world. Putin probably had some newbie KGB lacky deal with obama as he was did not pose a challenge to Putin's strategy and tactics.

I can only assume the op is one of the paid trolls who received a check signed by Putin for his efforts on CD.
>>>> Putin wouldn't give these people a dime. Now George Soros, yeah.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
When we get the last of the Jim Crow era folks in the ground, that will help. But the racists didn't all become enlightened. They just became quiet. Unfortunately, Trump's election had them emboldened to speak out again for awhile, but they seem to have crawled back under their rocks for now.

And by saying I have a lot to learn, you now sound judgemental and as though you are speaking down to me like I am a young child, which I am not.
Most of the 40 and 50 year olds from 1965 are dead.

Are there racists that supported Trump? Of course.

Do you hear about the 10,000 cars that drove down a highway at rush hour yesterday or the one that hit the embankment killing the driver?

I'm talking to you in this manor, because your mindset on this topic is relatively juvenile.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:14 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,922 times
I have mixed feelings, but if he helped defeat Hillary- thank you Vlad!

Old 04-24-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Most of the 40 and 50 year olds from 1965 are dead.

Are there racists that supported Trump? Of course.

Do you hear about the 10,000 cars that drove down a highway at rush hour yesterday or the one that hit the embankment killing the driver?

I'm talking to you in this manor, because your mindset on this topic is relatively juvenile.
If that's the way you feel about it, fine. We can call an end to the discussion. I was merely attempting to point out to you why conservatives were so often accused of racism when the individual conservative may have merely had a policy disagreement with Obama. Your choice to believe that most of the out and out racism directed at Obama was "fake" and that my views are juvenile are somewhat amusing as you are usually a little more realistic than most conservatives.

I guess you just believe that liberals conspired to pretend we thought conservatives were racists, and made up stories, when we never really thought that at all? Because that is essentially what you are implying, which is ludicrous.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
If that's the way you feel about it, fine. We can call an end to the discussion. I was merely attempting to point out to you why conservatives were so often accused of racism when the individual conservative may have merely had a policy disagreement with Obama. Your choice to believe that most of the out and out racism directed at Obama was "fake" and that my views are juvenile are somewhat amusing as you are usually a little more realistic than most conservatives.

I guess you just believe that liberals conspired to pretend we thought conservatives were racists, and made up stories, when we never really thought that at all? Because that is essentially what you are implying, which is ludicrous.
It seems you can't help but project your feelings onto others.

The vast majority of criticism of Obama had nothing to do with racism; however, the small amount of actual racism aimed at him was heavily reported to the point that all perspective was lost.

Additionally, what I'm saying is mostly fake racism are not racist criticisms of Obama. These fake events, of which I am speaking, are the people claiming racists Trump supporters attacking them, racist property destruction and racist graffiti. The majority of those are fake.

The racist comments about Obama are real, but they are the car hitting the embankment and not the 10,000 that drove past without event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies