Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 01:14 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Clear line drawn against Le Pen. Some feel it is safer to deport any non-French citizen who is a radical Islamist, but perhaps he is right. Doing so would spawn more terrorist attacks and they need to simply have more police to follow these types around.

Macron Against Arresting and Deporting Radical Islamists

Meanwhile a former-Muslim man who left the faith due to what he claims as violent teachings lunged at the mayor of Paris, accusing her and others like Macron of pandering to extremists and making France less safe. He thinks all radicals should be locked up or deported.

French Muslim held back from Paris mayor Anne Hidalgo | Daily Mail Online

Interesting points of view on how to solve the problem.
If this is what the French want who am I to object?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 05:07 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
We have different definitions on what ignore means. The way i think you battle radical islam if you want to call it that. You dont prove them right, you continue your free and open society, accepting of all religions, if you treat them like criminals just because they practice their religion then you validate the rhetoric they use to radicalize people. I get that its a lot more nuance than that but you start there.
"if you treat them like criminals just because they practice their religion then you validate the rhetoric they use to radicalize people."

So, you are OK with honor killings within their communities and families. And domestic abuse. And child marriages.

Basically, it sounds like you approve of Sharia law in cultural pockets within our great land which is founded on a Constitution. Our laws don't apply to them, right?

According to you, there are exceptions to the Constitution for the sake of appeasement and 'keeping peace'.

At which point would you allow them to partake of the rights and benefits available under the Constitution?

Or you wouldn't at all, ever?

Some of those who are defending Muslims on the whole based on their poor understanding of the teachings of that religion are very naïve. Muslims will make inroads into our culture, our systems of government and our laws to change everything to their liking. They will USE the very Constitution they don't want to adhere to.

Please get educated before you advocate something you don't understand.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:10 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Are you denying the events happened? Is the video forged with CGI?

I lived with a Muslim for a year.

Most Muslims won't be terrorists, but I don't think we should play dumb to realities of radical Islam using their holy words literally as you advocate.

You honestly think that this is an issue that should be ignored and not discussed on here? Non-citizens that threaten death to democracy, etc....
So French people are dumb to vote for Macron?

May be you should move to France and create your own political party to let the French know that they are dumb.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:42 PM

21,478 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am sorry if it offends you, than I addressed your post point by point. I guess I should not bother.

My reply to your non-French point was that most of the attackers were French or EU citizens, so where would you deport them to? Belgium? What would be the point? The border between Belgium and France is like the border between Ohio and Kentucky.
This time, but not in the other thread. You only quoted portions that allowed you to misrepresent what I said. But I'll give you this one. Thanks!

Old 04-24-2017, 05:47 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
I respect France's right to decide on their own, just as we did in November. I hope they choose as well as we did.

If they wish to choose the Pro Jihadist candidate, that is their decision.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:32 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,906,574 times
Quote:
You are free to believe everything they write.

Trump did, and ended up making a fool out of himself.
Made a fool out of himself right into the freaking White House......lol

Old 04-24-2017, 07:31 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Made a fool out of himself right into the freaking White House......lol
For a so call fool Immigration has dropped 70 %! Trump is enforcing Immigration law and we will get our southern border secure!

Old 04-24-2017, 07:39 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I respect France's right to decide on their own, just as we did in November. I hope they choose as well as we did.

If they wish to choose the Pro Jihadist candidate, that is their decision.
^^ This

Old 04-24-2017, 07:45 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Clear line drawn against Le Pen. Some feel it is safer to deport any non-French citizen who is a radical Islamist, but perhaps he is right. Doing so would spawn more terrorist attacks and they need to simply have more police to follow these types around.

Macron Against Arresting and Deporting Radical Islamists

Meanwhile a former-Muslim man who left the faith due to what he claims as violent teachings lunged at the mayor of Paris, accusing her and others like Macron of pandering to extremists and making France less safe. He thinks all radicals should be locked up or deported.

French Muslim held back from Paris mayor Anne Hidalgo | Daily Mail Online

Interesting points of view on how to solve the problem.
Kind of a dumb stance as ISIS doesn't care what other think and if you then but don't do as they want they kill you.

However as part of the selfish part of me, I hope Macron wins although I don't really agree with his stance but it seems that if he loses it will cost me and my family a lot of money so out of selfishness I will back Macron but Le Pen is more realistic about the refugees and the border.
I don't agree with her on all points either but in the end who can you totally agree with!

Old 04-25-2017, 04:20 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Marcon is not suggesting to do nothing. His immigration policy calls for strong border policy throughout EU. Breitbart is a horrible source of information. People typically come out more ignorant after reading it.
Neither the article or I is suggesting Macron wants to do nothing. You apparently didn't read the article or my post. Is it ignorant to respond to a post without doing any reading?

I am asking the poster "OnOurWayHome" if he suggests doing nothing, including not even talking about an actual campaign issue in France.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
We have different definitions on what ignore means. The way i think you battle radical islam if you want to call it that. You dont prove them right, you continue your free and open society, accepting of all religions, if you treat them like criminals just because they practice their religion then you validate the rhetoric they use to radicalize people. I get that its a lot more nuance than that but you start there.
Are you accusing Macron of treating them like criminals? He wants police to follow, surveil, etc these people?

Do you think Macron is right, that France should not deport a refugee that is openly saying things like "Death to Democracy, Death to gays, Death to unbelievers." I realize that they are just practicing their religion as you say...but I just agree with the formerly Muslim French man that is saying that allowing radicals to stay is making France less safe and less tolerant.

Is it possible that you are having comprehension issues and can't distinguish that Macron is talking about extreme Muslims and not all Muslims?

Did you even know that not all Muslims chant or believe in such extreme positions? Apparently you did not.

Are you outraged that people like Nazi SS members were largely excluded from immigrating to the US? Was FDR, Truman, and Eisenhower wrong to assume that their ideology was a threat to the US' fabric, safety, etc..? If no...why should a country like France or the US for that matter not exclude new immigrants or send them home when they say "Death to Democracy, Death to gays, Death to the West, etc..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies