Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 06:38 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

It's been several weeks and nothing has happened, no subpoenas, no hearings. They announced there was going to be a bipartisan good faith investigation, where did they go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 06:39 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
According to staffers its been sabotaged via a lack of funding, and required expertise. However on the 2nd they have Yates scheduled to testify.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:30 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
I thought Yates was supposed to testify for the house committee. I guess there is always the FBI investigation if all else fails.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:37 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
I was very disappointed to hear that the Senate committee has done nothing since those open hearings. It looked like burr and warner were working well together. But now apparently burr is refusing to sign off on letters to the trump transition team requesting documents. Guess his loyalty is to trump like nunes.

I called warner and burr today to complain. I'll call my own senators tomorrow to ask for an independent investigation. .again.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:38 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It's been several weeks and nothing has happened, no subpoenas, no hearings. They announced there was going to be a bipartisan good faith investigation, where did they go.
Burr turned partisan and doesn't want it to continue. Are we shocked that Republicans continue to support treason and Russia over America?

Old 04-24-2017, 07:44 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Apparently there has been requests for a lot of documents and other things over past many weeks.. BUT the leadership ( GOP) has NOT bothered to sign off on them.. much less respond to the requests. It appears GOP LEAD has been given his marching orders.. Senate investigation has come to a halt! Staffers were thin with zero experience and also deemed part time workers. Guess when EO's demand firing and not hiring replacements to conduct Congress business takes it's toll.. Yep.. save $$ But blow millions on POTUS personal needs to be in "Southern Whitehouse" etc etc etc..

I do believe there's a bigger spotlight on the need for a "Separate Commission" needed! I keep getting a Nixon Deja-vu going on. I'm old enough to recall all that in realtime .... and we all know how that turned out!

Just maybe.. a separate Investigation SHOULD prevail considering just how PARTISAN this issue is and has become!!

Old 04-24-2017, 07:46 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Hillary has all the proof they need.Why not just ask her.She yells about it all the time.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:47 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Burr turned partisan and doesn't want it to continue. Are we shocked that Republicans continue to support treason and Russia over America?
I'm stunned. Do those flag pins on their lapels mean nothing?

Old 04-24-2017, 07:52 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
well i guess the plan to make americans not trust government is working.

It would seem there is a highly likelihood that the GOP would rather take their chances in 2018 and hope to retain enough power to ward off impeachment.

But should they lose, there will be hell to pay when the dems get control.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:04 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
It was all smoke.

The DNC is mad because they were exposed. They sabotaged one of their candidates. They created a COINTEL Op in Black Lives Matter that sabotaged the black community when people were coming together for justice.

The reality is the DNC manipulated the elections. You can even break it down to SOcial Media, and what Jack Dorsey, the Twitter CEO did to manipulate the elections.

They literally have a DNC plant, aka agent Deray Mckesson in public pushing an agenda sabotaging the grassroots.

They can complain about Russia, but there's gonna be a hell of a lot more fingers pointing back to them.

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/wiki...eray-mckesson/
"One of the more surprising items to emerge from the DNC dump is political operatives’ treatment of Black Lives Matter activist and former Baltimore mayoral candidate Deray McKesson. In an email dated May 16, National AALC Finance Director Jordan Vaughn issues a request to the DNC to vet McKesson in order to “act as a surrogate for us at a young professional event possibly featuring the Chair.”

McKesson’s name is accompanied by a number, indicating that he’s been on the DNC’s radar for quite some time. Senior Research Supervisor Chad Rivard confirms it in his response."

Taking Back the Radio - How Black Lives Matter sabotaged The Movement

"First thing you need to know about Black Lives Matter is that there is nothing organic about them. They did not start the protests in Ferguson. They’d received millions in funding prior to Ferguson, and never led things on the ground in the city. Ferguson’s leaders worked with The Movement, which was 100% grassroots and self-funded forming the broader movement, the movement. Black Lives Matter actively worked against the movement, all the while claiming to be affiliated. Which was a blatant lie."

​"The Movement wasn’t focused solely on African American issues. It was started by multiple races, and its goal was not to coordinate with the DNC, but to challenge them. It was a move away from the 2 party stranglehold not an attempt to maintain it. The DNC was the organization who sent tanks to Ferguson after residents took to the streets to protests an unjust Police killing . "

The DNC did a lot of dirt. They're mad they got caught with their pants down. They could probably get sued for some of what they did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies