Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 04:18 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,094,475 times

Advertisements

Finally some more illegal executive orders are being rescinded so illegally seized land under false pretenses can be returned to their legal owners.

Trump: national monuments a 'massive federal land grab' | WTOP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 04:22 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
We are the rightful owners. It's federal public lands. The states never had any legal claims to those lands. He's going to turn it over to be raped and pillaged by industry.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:23 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Finally some more illegal executive orders are being rescinded so illegally seized land under false pretenses can be returned to their legal owners.

My understanding is this is primarily about the land in Utah. If Utah wants to give up protected federal lands, it's their loss really. I would not want Washington to give up the Olympic National Park but we are a blue state. Let Utah turn it into a carnival park and fill it with billboards, their loss, not mine.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:26 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:

Some LEGAL executive orders (unlike many of Trumps) are being changed via legal executive order so that lands protected by the federal government for everyones benefit is being handed over to be sold to big business as the 1% needs not just more income, but more resources.

Lets be honest about this. Half your statement is based the original order being illegal, which it wasn't. If it was then it should go through the court so we have future precedent.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:27 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
My understanding is this is primarily about the land in Utah. If Utah wants to give up protected federal lands, it's their loss really. I would not want Washington to give up the Olympic National Park but we are a blue state. Let Utah turn it into a carnival park and fill it with billboards, their loss, not mine.
Utah is home to some incredible landscape. This is actually a loss for the entire country. I sure am glad I spent six months out there enjoying the national parks a few years ago before they are turned over to big business to pillage at will.

But this comes as no surprise by a president who sees everything in terms of $$$.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:33 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:

And who would those be?

Unless he plans to return them to the Native Americans, the only thing I see here is turning over our beautiful national parks and monuments to be exploited by private interests.

Right now, these treasures belong to all of us. I would love to see it stay that way.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:34 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:

I have the completely opposite view on this. This is incredibly sad to see.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:52 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times
The Feds should sell all their lands and give the money to the blacks.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:27 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
The Feds should sell all their lands and give the money to the blacks.
Well arent you special, just had to come in and make some racist comment to make Americans act more divisive. How....yeah.

Bless your heart.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:45 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
I find it odd that some seem to think that only the federal government can protect land. The people are quite qualified to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies