Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 04:08 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times

Advertisements

Why not just pass one of the numerous repeals that passed both houses while Obama was president? WHY IS THIS SOOOO DAMN HARD? I want answers people, not excuses. The longer Obamacare remains the law of the land, the more likely it will remain the law of the land. Complacency and inaction are not an option. Why can't people in Congress do their jobs? All they do is yap-yap-yap. Congress! Do your damn job! Why is the GOP so dysfunctional?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 04:10 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Let's not forget that the repeal they want to push on everyone else, yet exempts them from changes.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:17 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Because its easy to campaign on fake outrage, Its another to lead for real solutions. Folks voting for GOP got conned hard. The only thing the majority of the house members have EVER done is vote no. I mean that literally, something like 2/3 of them have never been part of the majority and had to lead.

And they have gotten so extreme that anything they DO manage to pass will never ever get through the much more challenging senate.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:37 PM

234 posts, read 122,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I looked at this article on "The Hill" a few minutes ago and it said there were 19 confirmed GOP representatives who would vote "no" on the latest attempt by Trump to repeal Obamacare. Then two minutes later, its headline said there were 21 "no" votes on their side. Just two more defections and the vote will be on the negative side, assuming all democrats vote against it.

I expect that others in the GOP will join them, not wanting to be on record as having voted to take away healthcare from millions of their own constituents. But Trump is probably already packed up for another long weekend at Mar-a-Lago, so just one more failure won't bother him and spoil his "perfect" .000 batting average.

The Hill's Whip List: 21 GOP no votes on new ObamaCare replacement bill | TheHill

There's another article on The Hill today, about the Secret Service banning guns at Trump's speech tomorrow at the National Rifle Association's Convention. No comment needed about that, expect to note that they know where the craziest and most dangerous ones are. It will be interesting to see how many dozens of extra agents they send there.

Secret Service: No guns at Trump NRA speech | TheHill
Its because Trump is trying to please those extremist clowns in the "freedom" caucus,I would rather it fail if that is about to happen. Trump needs to just do as he said he wanted to do which is keep the parts which allow people stay on their parents plan until 26 AND make sure those with preexisting conditions have insurance. STOP trying to please these CLOWNS in the "freedom caucus" and talk to the PEOPLE who DON'T want what they are passing off.Sad thing is Obamacare is killing people and burying them in debt and its failing so SOMETHING must be done...it's WAY past time for Trump tell the "freedom" caucus to F off and make a deal with moderate democrats and the Tuesday group. If that fails then hell with it let Obamacare collapse.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookSearcher View Post
Its because Trump is trying to please those extremist clowns in the "freedom" caucus,I would rather it fail if that is about to happen. Trump needs to just do as he said he wanted to do which is keep the parts which allow people stay on their parents plan until 26 AND make sure those with preexisting conditions have insurance. STOP trying to please these CLOWNS in the "freedom caucus" and talk to the PEOPLE who DON'T want what they are passing off.Sad thing is Obamacare is killing people and burying them in debt and its failing so SOMETHING must be done...it's WAY past time for Trump tell the "freedom" caucus to F off and make a deal with moderate democrats and the Tuesday group. If that fails then hell with it let Obamacare collapse.
OR...And I know this is just crazy, but he could act like a leader and forge a bipartisan compromise. Have a better plan, convince Obama its better, and show up with him on his side to campaign for it.

Crazy idea huh?

Old 04-27-2017, 04:44 PM

234 posts, read 122,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
OR...And I know this is just crazy, but he could act like a leader and forge a bipartisan compromise. Have a better plan, convince Obama its better, and show up with him on his side to campaign for it.

Crazy idea huh?
Did you miss the bottom part of my post? That's what I said. Its pretty obvious the AMERICAN PEOPLE democrat or republican DO NOT want what the "freedom" caucus wants....its time for the GOP to face the obvious Americans WANT health care for all.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:48 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Because its easy to campaign on fake outrage, Its another to lead for real solutions. Folks voting for GOP got conned hard. The only thing the majority of the house members have EVER done is vote no. I mean that literally, something like 2/3 of them have never been part of the majority and had to lead.

And they have gotten so extreme that anything they DO manage to pass will never ever get through the much more challenging senate.
A few honest folks in the GOP actually came out and said it was easy to obstruct but not so easy to negotiate and pass legislation. One compared it to fantasy football.

In the words of Paul Ryan, doing big things is hard!

Old 04-27-2017, 04:58 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I looked at this article on "The Hill" a few minutes ago and it said there were 19 confirmed GOP representatives who would vote "no" on the latest attempt by Trump to repeal Obamacare. Then two minutes later, its headline said there were 21 "no" votes on their side. Just two more defections and the vote will be on the negative side, assuming all democrats vote against it.

I expect that others in the GOP will join them, not wanting to be on record as having voted to take away healthcare from millions of their own constituents. But Trump is probably already packed up for another long weekend at Mar-a-Lago, so just one more failure won't bother him and spoil his "perfect" .000 batting average.

The Hill's Whip List: 21 GOP no votes on new ObamaCare replacement bill | TheHill

There's another article on The Hill today, about the Secret Service banning guns at Trump's speech tomorrow at the National Rifle Association's Convention. No comment needed about that, expect to note that they know where the craziest and most dangerous ones are. It will be interesting to see how many dozens of extra agents they send there.

Secret Service: No guns at Trump NRA speech | TheHill
You left out the fact that Republicans are opposing the bill because it does not go far enough.
The narrative you want everyone to believe is that Republicans actually LIKE Obamacare, so they won't vote to repeal it. And that's pretty funny.

See why Dems keep losing?

Old 04-27-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookSearcher View Post
Did you miss the bottom part of my post? That's what I said. Its pretty obvious the AMERICAN PEOPLE democrat or republican DO NOT want what the "freedom" caucus wants....its time for the GOP to face the obvious Americans WANT health care for all.
I absolutely did. Sorry about that. Im multi tasking way too much today.
to me
to you

Old 04-27-2017, 05:46 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Why not just pass one of the numerous repeals that passed both houses while Obama was president? WHY IS THIS SOOOO DAMN HARD? I want answers people, not excuses. The longer Obamacare remains the law of the land, the more likely it will remain the law of the land. Complacency and inaction are not an option. Why can't people in Congress do their jobs? All they do is yap-yap-yap. Congress! Do your damn job! Why is the GOP so dysfunctional?
They only had 8 years. What is the rush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies