Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 06:20 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I 'm saying it didn't happen,sure as hell not for the reasons the OP is trying to stretch! ESPN is a business and it must make a profit,pretty simple ...no liberal crap ...straight business.look at what they put out for Monday Night Football alone.They have made some bad moves's but it ain't politics no matter how much the OP or anyone else cries.
No liberal crap? ESPN espouses transgender facilities "choice." Sorry, but my sympathy for and support of transgenders ends the minute a naked anatomical male is next to me or my daughters, nieces, etc., in a girls'/women's locker/shower room at school, the park district, university, the public pool, the gym, etc., because he "claims" to be a woman and believes it's his "right" to mix and mingle with half-dressed and/or naked girls/women in a public single-sex facility.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:25 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No liberal crap? ESPN espouses transgender facilities "choice." Sorry, but my sympathy for and support of transgenders ends the minute a naked anatomical male is next to me or my daughters, nieces, etc., in a girls'/women's locker/shower room at school, the park district, university, the public pool, the gym, etc., because he "claims" to be a woman and believes it's his "right" to mix and mingle with half-dressed and/or naked girls/women in a public single-sex facility.

While I understand your right to be ignorant of all subjects.Your post has nothing to do with the problems at ESPN.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:40 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
While I understand your right to be ignorant of all subjects.Your post has nothing to do with the problems at ESPN.
Ignorant? Hardly. Tell the NYC girls' swim team and their very liberal parents that they're "ignorant."

Quote:
"Girls from a swim team in New York City's Upper West Side are too scared to use the women's locker room at a Parks Department swimming pool. In March, a sign appeared noting that everyone has the the right to use the restroom or locker room consistent with their "gender identity or gender expression." Around the same time, the girls, who range in age from about seven to 18, became concerned after they saw a "bearded individual" in the women's changing room.

They are now using the family changing room to change in and out of their swimsuits, but it is not big enough for all 18 girls...

An employee at the center who spoke on condition of anonymity says the individual using the locker room appears to present as a man—wearing swim shorts or trunks to swim, with sideburns going down into a beard—which is partly what alarms the girls and their parents. Staff members have also been warned that asking individuals to prove their gender identity would be discriminatory. "Our hands are tied," the worker said. "We can't say anything about it."
Transgender Bathroom Laws: NYC Parents Balk and Ask, Locker/Shower Rooms Too? | Time.com

LGBT SJWs pushed way too far on this and the backlash has lost the LGBT community a lot of the sympathy for and support of their cause they used to have. When LGBT SJWs lose the support of even very lefty NYCers for their cause, that should be telling them something.

Why should girls/women be forced to submit to the sexual harassment/intimidation described above? There's no valid reason for it.

Old 05-02-2017, 07:13 AM

45 posts, read 37,329 times
This post kind of reminds me of the Westbourouh Baptist Church that said that soldiers dying overseas was Gods punishment for gay friendly laws. So they protested dead soldiers funerals. Same logic basically.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:08 AM

22,191 posts, read 19,470,309 times
ESPN's issues have nothing to do with politics. It has to do with broadcasting fees, cord cutting as well as the major sports all having their own channels.

I'm a liberal and don't watch ESPN as much now as I did 10 years ago? Why? Because I also have NFL network, MLB network, NHL network, NBA TV and can pull up highlights within seconds on my phone.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:28 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Might just have to do with them being like a third of your cable bill. To get ABC Family, HG TV and Discovery, I have to subsidize sports that I stopped watching in 1995 when Art Modell took my football team and I realized pro sports are a scam.
get the dish network flex pack. You get most of the science channels without the sports.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:37 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,920,404 times
You mean like Curt Schilling?

Old 05-02-2017, 08:41 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,565,672 times
Politics is not the main reason for the layoffs. It is all about the decline in subscribers that are cord cutting and paying too much for rights fees. In 2013, ESPN had over 99 million subscribers. Today, it has just under 89 million. Over the last three years the network has lost a couple hundred thousand subscribers each month. It lost 621,000 alone just in October 2016.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:46 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,113,422 times
ESPN is the same as news programs nowadays. They give their slant, yell and act like fools, and think the show is about them.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:52 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If that is how you feel, then you are really misguided in your voting.

NC's law (HB2, aka "the bathroom bill") legislates that an anatomical male MUST use the girls's bathroom if said male was born as a female. The law does not look at the current gender of the person, rather the birth-certificate. It is a 100% Republican Bill, voted 100% on party lines. Even after it cost the state billions, the GOP Led State GA lied and cheated to keep the bill on the books for another year, breaking promises with Charlotte, and ignoring the will of the people. It cost them the Governors house in 2016, and likely will cost them the GA in 2018. While politics is not killing ESPN, it probably is killing the GOP in NC.

I'm sorry, but your post does show ignorance. If you want to "protect" your child from nature (you know, Penis's and whatnot), then you can't support laws that mandate that someone with a penis uses the girls room, because 25 years ago, they were born as a girl. You'd be much better off to say that people use the bathroom of their CURRENT gender, not their past one.

As stated though, you're waaaaaay off base. ESPN is suffering because of changing market conditions. NOt because a small minority of vocal nutjobs are offended and can't handle themselves in the real-world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies