Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2017, 12:40 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
When Kim Davis took the job, was her duty clearly specified to endorse and sign off on immoral unions? YES or NO.
What about the immoral union of Kim Davis? It was based on adultery. Judge not, if you don't want your own sin to be judged.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:43 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Ms Davis stood her ground God Bless her for having standards!
For having standards? Good grief! Tell me something. Are you totally naive to the fact that Kim Davis committed the sin of adultery when she got divorced and remarried?

Old 05-09-2017, 06:41 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:

You might want to read the constitution.She can not force those "standards" on anyone.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:54 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
If this is a standard then we have defiantly hit bottom.....

Old 05-09-2017, 07:56 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Gay marriage is immoral and a great offense to our Creator who designed the physical bodies specifically for opposite sex attraction and sex.
Then he must have slipped up for so many to be using the equipment given not in a manner you think it should be,,,,,

Old 05-09-2017, 08:12 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Well you are ignoring the fact that it is unconstitutional for the government to force people to violate their religious beliefs. That's why we have things like Conscientious objectors with the military. With your reasoning, everyone drafted into the military should have been forced to kill the enemy.
You're talking about killing somebody, though.

This Kim Davis story is about her LITERALLY stamping/signing a document. She is in direct violation of her sworn oath.

Just like the federal gov't is forcing the mayor of Austin to enforce federal immigration laws, the federal govt should force Kim Davis to do her job or fire her.

Last time I checked, the Supreme Court outweighs a county clerk. When Kim Davis took the position as county clerk, she swore an oath to uphold the law of the land. Like it or not, same sex marriage is the law of the land. If her personal opinions will not allow her to perform her duties as a government employee, she can quit her job. Otherwise, legally she must issue the same sex marriage licenses.

If you take emotions and opinions out of this story and go strictly on facts and law, Kim Davis has no defense. She is flat out wrong.

I'm glad to hear that lawsuits will soon be piling up against her

Old 05-09-2017, 09:54 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So the Supreme Court said it is. Is it wrong?
Maybe it really is a wrong - after all, the clerk, and a lot of other people, keep trying person after person and still don't get it right. Maybe it isn't them after all, maybe marriage should just be done away with and have it be every person for himself. then, no county clerk would have to choose between their religion and keeping a job that has duties that they don't want to have to do.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:57 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Then he must have slipped up for so many to be using the equipment given not in a manner you think it should be,,,,,
It's man who has slipped up. That's why diseases are spread.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
You're talking about killing somebody, though.

This Kim Davis story is about her LITERALLY stamping/signing a document. She is in direct violation of her sworn oath.

Just like the federal gov't is forcing the mayor of Austin to enforce federal immigration laws, the federal govt should force Kim Davis to do her job or fire her.

Last time I checked, the Supreme Court outweighs a county clerk. When Kim Davis took the position as county clerk, she swore an oath to uphold the law of the land. Like it or not, same sex marriage is the law of the land. If her personal opinions will not allow her to perform her duties as a government employee, she can quit her job. Otherwise, legally she must issue the same sex marriage licenses.

If you take emotions and opinions out of this story and go strictly on facts and law, Kim Davis has no defense. She is flat out wrong.

I'm glad to hear that lawsuits will soon be piling up against her
The fact that you are glad to see her get punished is all I need to know. The anti-Kim liberals, as liberals usually are, refuse to seek any solution that works for both parties. This has more to do with a biased against Christian people who do not support homosexuality than what is fair and right under the law.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No one is forced into a same sex marriage.

How about this? If SSM is against your religion, then don't marry someone of the dame sex. Who I choose to marry has no effect on your life. Live your life and I'll live mine.
Then stop forcing people to acknowledge and endorse gay marriage. Your argument is like saying, hey don't support dog fighting? Then don't breed dogs to fight! My argument is that I don't even want to be near the dog fighting arena, much less take money from the participants. I want nothing to do with it. That's our religious freedom given to us under the LAW. Kim should have never been forced to put her stamp of approvement on a gay marriage license.

Your comment suggests that SSM can exist in a bottle and has NO effect on Christian's lives. Well a good Christian friend of mine just graduated college to become a therapist. I asked her what she would do if a gay couple comes to her for marriage counseling. She said, she honestly didn't know. She could potentially be forced to toss aside her religious beliefs. That's having quite an effect on someone, don't ya think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies