Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 12:48 PM

31,052 posts, read 22,086,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I'm not pro-abortion. I'm pro-choice. Get it right.

Personally, I'm against abortion. I discourage people from getting it. I'm also against all religions. Do you see me lobby to outlaw all religions?
Pro Abortion here. Most every violent criminal in our prison system should have been aborted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 12:50 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
A girl in my high school said she had had eight abortions. She was a senior. She said it was no big deal. I would not say she bragged about it, but she certainly did not keep it a secret. She was popular with guys because it was clear she was willing to have sex. She was a nice girl, fairly religious, very pretty. A little emotionally unstable - mostly self esteem issues - but most girls had that at the time (1980). I wonder whether that history came back to haunt her later.
Maybe, maybe not.

I knew a girl in junior high (she was in HS at the time) who claimed to have had 5 of them and I never knew if she was serious or joking, but 5 seems high for a person under the age of 18.

Looking back, I wonder if she'd been sexually abused as a child and that was why she was so easy.

Which is very sad, when you think about it.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:55 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Why did a volunteer have access to patient records? Furthermore, how do you know these girls weren't being abused at home or by boyfriends or husbands and didn't feel like they had any control over when they had sex or whether not not they used protection?

Maybe some had mental illnesses or substance abuse problems that had not been addressed.

Calling people pathetic is really insensitive when you have no clue about their particular life circumstances.
I volunteered at a small PP office with one Nurse Practitioner, a receptionist, and me twice a week. I was there to do whatever was needed to help. No abortions were performed at this little storefront clinic.

If women use serial abortion as a form of birth control I think they are pathetic and very irresponsible. Period.

By the way, did you ever volunteer at PP? Lip service is easy. Actually helping poor women and donating time accomplishes something. Attacking those that actually do put there time and money where their mouth is.....is unproductive, but I guess some can feel self righteous doing so.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
No, that isn't it. The stories support the horror that some women feel after terminating the life of their baby. I realize those that are pro-choice and consider a baby a clump of cells don't want to hear it and calling it fake news gives them some peace about their choice.

Examples of similar regret after terminating the lives of their babies show that the story could very well be true.

Also, as one gets older, life seems to mean more. Quite possibly the woman in the OP finally decided, I am sure after she got quite a bite flack about terminating the lives of these babies, to check it out for herself. Imagine the reality when seeing the clump of cells looked a lot more like a baby than she was led to believe. Imagine this was the "clump of cells" that had his/her life taken away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0j-V31Z0Co
Want to know what really bothers me?

Having pro-life zealots constantly parade baby development stuff and dead fetuses in front of me when I lost a child I very much wanted when I was 6.5 months pregnant.

So, yeah... stuff like this pisses me off. If women want to have abortions? That is their legal right in this country and I am not fit to tell them how to live their lives or what choices they make. An abortion could save a woman's life from becoming something that so many judgmental people here on CD think of as a life of "mooching off the system" or "being a deadbeat parent."

How should I know? It is not any of my business.

What IS my business is what I do with my own body and the choices I make are my own.

So, when people "share" these "heart-wrenching" tales, they just don't give a crap that some women (and their husbands/partners) have lost pregnancies that they VERY much hoped would result in a healthy baby and they know what a fetus looks like at a given stage of development.

The child I lost (for I think of her as my child) was just under 2 lbs and was tiny, but perfectly formed. Not quite "done" growing yet like the other children that I had already given birth to, but definitely the size and level of development one often sees in "scare tactic" images and videos.

I sometimes want to post the photos the hospital gave us of her just so I can alarm people who try to scare others.

Jerks.

That's how I think of the people who make up crap like this.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I volunteered at a small PP office with one Nurse Practitioner, a receptionist, and me twice a week. I was there to do whatever was needed to help. No abortions were performed at this little storefront clinic.

If women use serial abortion as a form of birth control I think they are pathetic. Period.

By the way, did you ever volunteer at PP? Lip service is easy. Actually helping poor women and donating time accomplishes something. Attacking those that do is unproductive.
You're really pointing a finger at the wrong person. I guess you volunteered prior to HIPAA because volunteers rifling through patient records is illegal.

I'm sure it's great that you helped out, what with being so open-minded and non-judgmental toward the patients there.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
seriously!

There are women who have faced two or three abortions and still enjoyed a good health afterward. But there are also women who suffered from complications after their first abortion. So, we can say it is more a Russian roulette because no one can know how your body will take the procedure.

If you don’t want to let your health in the hands of destiny, it is best to keep the number of abortions at minimum

9 abortion?
I'd say if a woman has had 9 abortions, she's got a bigger problem than having had 9 abortions, if you get my meaning.

Nobody who isn't really screwed up has 9 of those.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:02 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You're really pointing a finger at the wrong person. I guess you volunteered prior to HIPAA because volunteers rifling through patient records is illegal.

I'm sure it's great that you helped out, what with being so open-minded and non-judgmental toward the patients there.

Who said I was "rifling through" patient records? You make lots of assumptions.

Again, you can be self-righteous and make assumptions, but what have personally you done to help anyone besides attack those that did something, for poor women and the mission of PP, and post on a message board? Words don't accomplish anything. Actions do.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 05-04-2017 at 01:16 PM..

Old 05-04-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
American 'abortion addict' who had 15 terminations in 17 years publishes her memoir | Daily Mail Online

Fifteen abortions in seventeen years. She wrote about it. There are abortion addicts out there.
If she's telling the truth... hell, even if she's not... she's bonkers.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:07 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Woman laughs before her ninth abortion

Seeing the truth is important for people to learn what is truly going on. Sad.

It's her body, should be her choice.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:19 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
I wonder about these so called pro-lifers getting all crazy about abortion but don't seem to care much about how the child is raised, fed, cared for.

Catholic Nun Explains Pro-Life In A Way That Will Stun Many (Especially Republican Lawmakers)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies