Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 05:16 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,922 times

Advertisements

Okay I admit the newspapers have been saying that "grand jury subpoenas" were issued however I have three problems with this:

#1 I cannot find evidence of a grand jury;

#2 There is another type of subpoena that is more logical;

#3 The media contradicts itself.

"The subpoenas were issued by U.S. Attorney Dana Boente, who was recently appointed to be the acting assistant attorney general for the national security division."

cite:
Grand jury subpoenas issued to Mike Flynn associates: Report

Read that quote again!

It does not say a grand jury issued the subpoenas. It clearly says the attorney did.

I find this relevant because a whole lot of people are saying things like

See I told you there was a grand jury.

I checked into this a bit and learned a federal attorney need not go before a court, convene a grand jury, and then ask the grand jury for a subpoena. That would be silly.

The federal attorney is already empowered to obtain investigative subpoenas without asking the court or getting a grand jury involved.

See: Subpoenas in Federal Criminal Cases - Burnham & Gorokhov, PLLC

Why is this relevant?

1. To correct the network of Twitters claiming to have the inside track into the government.

2. To show that the wheels of justice can spin incredibly slowly. We think there should be a grand jury charging people, however the reality documents are being requested prior to concluding if charges are warranted.

PS

Can someone please place what I wrote on twitter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies