Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2017, 01:22 PM

554 posts, read 609,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So I am paying my way.

Are you?

Pay for your own stuff.
When your grandchild comes to the hospital for meningitis, and has to spend four weeks in the ICU, I'm sure the hospital will kindly accept your advance deposit for $250,000.

I can tell your type already: selfish. "I have mine; tough about you". As Drump would say, "sad".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 01:23 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
They did something you and I didn't. I was refused for USMC infantry with the goal of becoming a sniper at 17 for a torn rotator cuff. Payback for the twin towers. I was in those buildings when I was a kid they were beautiful.

I have friends who came back changed physically and mentally and have problems you couldn't relate to and have to write to congressmen to be seen at a VA and fight tooth and nail for services they are entitled to.

And I would repeal oblunder care entirely. In a heart beat.
Matter of fact, I did see just what you described. My father had the beetus something fierce. Old fat boy couldn't put the fork down and dialed up the insulin pump going through 300-500 unit's per day. He lost his vision and had neuropathy in his feet. He fell and went to a doctor. They did x rays and did an mri and didn't see anything. Send him to pain management where he was put on narcotics to make him comfortable, not functional.

He went out like elvis. Necrosis of the intestines and they exploded like a crappie filled grenade. He was treated for a heart attack brought on by sepsis, exploratory surgery showed there was no viable bowel to use.
I watched that man, my own father for 5 days die. HE was on life support, he was doped up too. He was on medicine keeping his heart going. We had them pull that and the antibiotic but kept him on morphine.

I never once shed a tear because he did it to himself. I was more upset at the doctors putting him on narcotics making him anot even more worthless lump of flesh because the narcotics not only made him combative and crazy, it caused him to be severely constipated.

Now that we have that a dressed. It was HIS FAULT FOR BEING A GLUTTON! NOT YOURS, NOT MINE, NOT OUR RESPONSIBILITY.
Precisely.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:24 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,502,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post
Your neighbors pay for the fire truck that would come to your burning house. They pay for the air traffic control that guides the plane you took for your vacation. They pay for the testing that ensures the quality of the water coming out of your kitchen tap. (I can give you 1000 more examples). Are you complaining about that ? Why aren't you taking care of your own in those situations ?

If you're accepting any societal benefit that comes from paying taxes, don't use that shallow argument ("take care of your own") to shoot down health care for your fellow citizens.
LOL nobody paid for my testing of what came out of my taps... I had a well. Guess who's responsibility it was to ensure I had potable water???

Wasn't my neighbors there gimmedat...

Old 05-07-2017, 01:24 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,534,870 times
Quote:
Your neighbors pay for the fire truck that would come to your burning house. They pay for the air traffic control that guides the plane you took for your vacation. They pay for the testing that ensures the quality of the water coming out of your kitchen tap. (I can give you 1000 more examples). Are you complaining about that ? Why aren't you taking care of your own in those situations ?

If you're accepting any societal benefit that comes from paying taxes, don't use that shallow argument ("take care of your own") to shoot down health care for your fellow citizens.
These people have no idea how society works

Old 05-07-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
When your grandchild comes to the hospital for meningitis, and has to spend four weeks in the ICU, I'm sure the hospital will kindly accept your advance deposit for $250,000.

I can tell your type already: selfish. "I have mine; tough about you". As Drump would say, "sad".
And I can pay for it. I have the wherewithal to do that.

Pay for your own stuff.

Other people are not my problem.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
These people have no idea how society works
Society used to be built on self reliance.

But liberals turned society into a population of those that have their hand out saying gimme.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:27 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL nobody paid for my testing of what came out of my taps... I had a well. Guess who's responsibility it was to ensure I had potable water???

Wasn't my neighbors there gimmedat...
Yep they aren't paying for my water, either.

I don't recall them paying for the new pump, either.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:28 PM

554 posts, read 609,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And I can pay for it. I have the wherewithal to do that.

Pay for your own stuff.

Other people are not my problem.
Aren't you special and blessed and favored.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:28 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times
Quote:
Sadly I just don't have that $250,000 laying around. So I buy this thingamagig called insurance.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Aren't you special and blessed and favored.
Damned skippy.

Society's problems are not mine.

Liberals created that problem, you pay for it. ACA was a liberal construct. Liberals should fix their own retarded abortion.

I am for letting ACA die a quick painful death, repeal it and let people decide their own choices regarding themselves. Those that don't is their problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies