Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2017, 11:53 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The only way to prove it otherwise is to remove AA and any racial consideration in admission.
Ok, but every single one?

I dont think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 11:55 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I don't even know what white culture means. Sounds like a personal problem.

I'm glad I got an answer to my question though. I've been getting ducked by most of the time.
Not knowing what something means....is an educational problem.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That is why many black people need to "come up for air" metaphorically speaking.....by having "Black" events and focus...every now and then. To be fair, if I was in an all black environment all the time.....I would need to come up for air from that too.
Where do you live? Even Mayberry had black people as extras in some scenes.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Well, what is white culture? Teach me.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Where do you live? Even Mayberry had black people as extras in some scenes.
You don't even know what white culture means.........so what does it matter where I live......you probably would not even know where it is.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:59 AM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Whats the difference in black culture and white culture? Where I am from black and white live in the same neighborhoods, work at the same companies, go to the same schools, community activities, festivals, concerts, play the same sports, shop at the same stores, eat the same food, celebrate the same holidays.
So educate me.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:00 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Ok, but every single one?

I dont think so.
Of course not every single one. Let's use a top school that is purely merit based and doesn't use AA, and see how many black people can get in.

https://www.schooldigger.com/go/NY/s...77/school.aspx

Do you see black people there?

Racial breakdown:
Asian:73.4%
White:20.5%
Hispanic:2.6%

Old 05-09-2017, 12:00 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,774,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Again if whites held their own white only graduation we all know there would be hell to pay.
Well, actually, it's considered fine & dandy, UNTIL it's a white person's idea, in which case, it's always automatically bad: (skip to 4:15) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAFDBZywPc0

Old 05-09-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Whats the difference in black culture and white culture? Where I am from black and white live in the same neighborhoods, work at the same companies, go to the same schools, community activities, festivals, concerts, play the same sports, shop at the same stores, eat the same food, celebrate the same holidays.
So educate me.
I bet you don't vote the same.....is not Tennessee a red state? Are not blacks mostly blue? The reason whites vote differently in the south, than blacks, is because of either differences related to culture and or race. If your values and beliefs were truly the same....you would be voting the same. No?

Blacks in the south LEARNED from whites. That was their only template, as culture is a LEARNED behavior and blacks were stripped of their culture from Africa. So even during slavery.....you could say that blacks and whites in the south had the same culture. Thus, why was there such a big distinction between the races if there was no difference, during the height of segregation?

Whatever it is that creates the difference......it what I seek an escape from .

Its funny, hahahaha funny, also that "white culture" is not identifiable but everyone seems to be able to define "black culture" as being a problem and bad.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 05-09-2017 at 12:14 PM..

Old 05-09-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Of course not every single one. Let's use a top school that is purely merit based and doesn't use AA, and see how many black people can get in.

https://www.schooldigger.com/go/NY/s...77/school.aspx

Do you see black people there?

Racial breakdown:
Asian:73.4%
White:20.5%
Hispanic:2.6%
I'm not arguing your premise just the sweeping generalization of "all".

Admission criteria based solely on merit would of course show Asians and whites with the highest numbers. They have the highest IQs on average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies