Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 05:19 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Whether race played a part is debatable. What the government needs to do is end the practice of overbooking, you should only be able to sell the ticket for a seat Once.
Or get the government out and let the free market weed out the weak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Well she did pay for first class. And according to the white person who broke the story they ignored her when she was raising the concerns. You're tired of the whining...the irony in that statement.
So if a white person says racism occurred it's taken as Gospel?

I thought whitey was the devil?

Old 05-10-2017, 05:23 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Yes, I'm tired of the whining. This alleged incident wasn't the end of the world and raising a ruckus about every perceived minor slight results in deaf ears......
You're only mad that she brought up race though. Even if race wasn't involved its still crappy business. Do you think what happened was wrong? Or are you more concerned with shutting down a racial discussion?

Old 05-10-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
So if a white person says racism occurred it's taken as Gospel?

I thought whitey was the devil?
Trolling. Lol. Talk about what happened.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Trolling. Lol. Talk about what happened.
There's nothing to talk about.

It was crappy service that could be a result of

A. Crappy Service
B. Racism
C. God only knows

And shutting down a racial discussion?

I didn't know we were allowed to have one. Remember the kid vs teacher over the N word. Your side thinks it sets the parameters for all racial debates.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:31 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
You're only mad that she brought up race though. Even if race wasn't involved its still crappy business. Do you think what happened was wrong? Or are you more concerned with shutting down a racial discussion?
Racism was explicitly claimed as the reason for the incident.

I'm not mad. I don't know these people. I'm stating an opinion that the circumstance in the case could have happened to anyone. We get slighted at times and making mountains out of molehills and claiming racism for every assumed slight is unreasonable.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:37 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
We dont, but based on how she was treated, it looks like it was. And to be clear, all of this is from the perspective of the white friend, not the black women.
If it was I hope she sues the crap out of them. We have laws for a reason. The airlines are under the microscope right now. I hope they learn and change their policies.

If it's proven it was race based then that attendant should be fired. Bye Bye.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:49 PM

749 posts, read 735,075 times
Quote:
Wow - SJW much?

Why don't we just admit that the horrible Nazi/KKK flight attendant walked just looking for a black person to kick out of First Class. Would that make you happy?

Old 05-10-2017, 05:53 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacewarrior99 View Post
Racism is real. These greedy companies do this all the time.
I know it's real-just not in this case! The only color companies care about is GREEN!

Old 05-10-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Racism was explicitly claimed as the reason for the incident.

I'm not mad. I don't know these people. I'm stating an opinion that the circumstance in the case could have happened to anyone. We get slighted at times and making mountains out of molehills and claiming racism for every assumed slight is unreasonable.
But you were more concerned her saying that it was racial. That's all I'm getting at. It could be, and probably was racial. And you were tired of "the whining"...why not be tired of a society treating people like this? Because people are not going to just sit there and be quiet so you can carry on in peace.

Anyways, these airlines need to have some tighter regulations. They are obviously just bursting at the seams with bad practices all around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies