Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 07:53 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,674,035 times

Advertisements

She will be a vital part of the new administration.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/unpopular...171500149.html

Quote:
It was hard for me to not judge Melania, but then I realized our FLOTUS-to-be has a lot to offer the country.

I did not vote for Donald Trump, nor was I happy when he won the election. I also didn’t like the idea of Melania Trump becoming the First Lady. Between her questionable taste in men, the senseless way she’s defended her husband’s horrible sexual assault remarks, and the way she plagiarized Michelle Obama's speech, there was nothing motivating me to like the idea of Melania becoming our next FLOTUS.
Quote:
Melania can make a positive difference, especially for women, if she chooses to use her voice to help the greater good.

Yes, as a woman and someone with a conscience, I know Donald Trump has made misogynist, racist and crude remarks, and I am by no means a fan of his character. Many of his words and actions have been deplorable. But if we’re stuck with him, the most realistic thing we can hope for is a strong, confident woman by his side who isn’t afraid to stand on her own feet and speak her mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 07:59 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
In China there is an ancient custom.

In the local marketplace there is always at least one seller of wild birds in a small cage. People will pick the bird of their choice, buy it and then immediately set it free. They didn't buy it to own or possess, they bought it to clean their karma a do what they consider a good act.
Little do they know that most those birds are trained to fly back to the shop owner after being set free.

Melania Trump is a bird in a gilded cage, waiting to be set free.
The difference is Trump has never thought to set her free.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:08 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Nothing against her, but I don't think she is a willing partner and will stay In The backdrop. Ms Conway might as well be Mrs trump. - they fly the same manic carpet. I think Mrs M is 100% about her place with her family. Mostly Her son. I don't even think she tries to compete with Ivanka - when all together its like she is the nanny not the wife. She takes 2nd place to the grown kids n kellyanne. Sorry been watching the body language - what I see.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:12 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Lol!

Old 11-30-2016, 08:18 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Yea maybe she can hold up signs and tweet them.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:21 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Ah-- yes... the old war on women brought to you by liberals. Who will they throw off the top of buildings next when it suits their cause ?

Old 11-30-2016, 08:21 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
In China there is an ancient custom.

In the local marketplace there is always at least one seller of wild birds in a small cage. People will pick the bird of their choice, buy it and then immediately set it free. They didn't buy it to own or possess, they bought it to clean their karma a do what they consider a good act.
Little do they know that most those birds are trained to fly back to the shop owner after being set free.

Melania Trump is a bird in a gilded cage, waiting to be set free.
The difference is Trump has never thought to set her free.
wtf does this mean or have to do with anything?

Old 11-30-2016, 08:26 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,347,075 times
Agree with tinytrump. Melania couldn't care less about being First Lady. (unlike Nancy Reagan, who could barely contain herself. She loved all the attention.)

Old 11-30-2016, 08:32 PM

979 posts, read 491,154 times
Melania is a trophy wife, she will do what she was hired to do, sit there and be pretty next to the Donald.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:41 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Ah-- yes... the old war on women brought to you by liberals. Who will they throw off the top of buildings next when it suits their cause ?
I am a woman so not warring anything. Kinda dumb right. Just I think it's scares her. Lots if enemies - one thing is to be rich and famous and do as you please. Being the potus is not freedom. I think she is afraid for her son. It's a different kind of dangerous. I also think she has nothing to do with trumps empire. Prob has the norm prenup. I hope she can hang in there. Life is going to get tough. She will be expected to do more than smile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies