Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 06:31 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times

Advertisements

Seriously, if I were ever to have some kind of position that required me to have frequent press conferences or public meetings, I would be VERY authoritarian about it, which is one of the reasons why I wound never run because I would never be elected. I would not hold the kind of brouhaha that reporters have come to expect as a matter of right. (And to be clear, I am not just talking about the Trump briefings; this kind of almost free-for-all have been occurring for decades and possibly centuries.)

I would have a fairly large conference room with chairs and tables in rows, with a beverage table set up, and I would treat the reporters with respect and politeness, and I would require that they show me the same courtesy, or they would be removed. (They could ask me anything they wanted, but they would not be permitted to yell.) I would then go to each reporter in turn and allow him or her to ask one question with one follow-up. In other words, I would insist that all press briefings be mutually civil.

Well, I told you it would never work!

Last edited by katharsis; 05-12-2017 at 06:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 06:33 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,027,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Why doesn"t Trump do the press conferrnce himself? What does he need a spokesperson for?
I think it was set up so the press has daily information about the going on in the White House and gives time for the President to do his job.

JFK did, I think weekly town hall style.

Trump could put an end to all this if he would hand over his tax returns and allow a private investigator into Russia but he is hiding something. At this point this is not going away until their is a bigger distraction like war or major terrorist attack.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:34 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,209,432 times
these press briefings are nothing but continued attacks on his administration. the media outlets are losing revenue and have morphed into sensational journalism - publishing reports without verifying information. more than half of the news in the MSM is false, fringe and misleading. it is spun to fit the narrative they want you to hear.

liberal cheerleaders here are helping to destroy the country because they don't like the fact that the person in office isn't a woman or black. progressives have gone off the deep end and are not used to someone telling them they can't have things. children all.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:34 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
What a great idea... why play with the news media's petulant spoiled kids to keep up with appearances... Press Briefings are not required, not mandated by law, and was something to communicate with the PUBLIC instead of twisted political rhetoric for the media... shut it down...

Old 05-12-2017, 06:37 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
What a great idea... why play with the news media's petulant spoiled kids to keep up with appearances... Press Briefings are not required, not mandated by law, and was something to communicate with the PUBLIC instead of twisted political rhetoric for the media... shut it down...
As a member of the public, I WANT to be communicated with by my elected leader. The WH can and has decided what member of what media they call on for questions, including via Skype, etc.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:38 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Now Trump just threatened Comey:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

Follow
More
James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

Old 05-12-2017, 06:42 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Now Trump just threatened Comey:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

Follow
More
James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!
The man TRULY is out of control! And some people wonder why so many people think (know) that he is an immature bully??!!

Old 05-12-2017, 06:42 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
these press briefings are nothing but continued attacks on his administration. the media outlets are losing revenue and have morphed into sensational journalism - publishing reports without verifying information. more than half of the news in the MSM is false, fringe and misleading. it is spun to fit the narrative they want you to hear.

liberal cheerleaders here are helping to destroy the country because they don't like the fact that the person in office isn't a woman or black. progressives have gone off the deep end and are not used to someone telling them they can't have things. children all.

kellyanne...is that you?

Old 05-12-2017, 07:09 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...00553265270786

Old 05-12-2017, 07:11 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
kellyanne...is that you?
If not, it's certainly written in her voice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies