Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 12:07 PM

10,503 posts, read 7,045,926 times

Advertisements

I didn't vote for Trump. Then again, I didn't vote for Clinton either. At the end of the day, flaky as he was, only Gary Johnson seemed to have a legitimate case to be President. He at least did a good job running New Mexico.

But for those who voted for Trump, and did so in good faith, I have to ask this question: What's your breaking point?

From the ham-handed executive order on immigration to the complete fiasco on the rollback of the ACA to yesterday's revelation by Trump himself that he'd handed classified information to the Russians, when do you throw in the towel and just admit a mistake?

When do you say, "Jeez, I thought he'd do a much better job than he did"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 12:17 PM

45,584 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Why does there have to be a breaking point? Why not take stuff on a case by case basis and reassess when the next vote arises?

Some things he gets right... some things he doesn't.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:19 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I didn't vote for Trump. Then again, I didn't vote for Clinton either. At the end of the day, flaky as he was, only Gary Johnson seemed to have a legitimate case to be President. He at least did a good job running New Mexico.

But for those who voted for Trump, and did so in good faith, I have to ask this question: What's your breaking point?

From the ham-handed executive order on immigration to the complete fiasco on the rollback of the ACA to yesterday's revelation by Trump himself that he'd handed classified information to the Russians, when do you throw in the towel and just admit a mistake?

He has done a much better job than I expected.

It's the liberal butt hurt exceeding my breaking point. I didn't have any favorite view on the liberals, but I completely underestimated how bad they are.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:24 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:

i voted for him because I didn't think he was a hawk. My bottom line is "war." I will give him an entire year to prove himself. I think it is still too early to tell.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:24 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Speaking for everyone who ever voted whether they know it or not, it's hard to answer a question like this when you're referring to issues that are "spun" by the media. IE: Ham-handed executive order on immigration? Totally legit and within his rights as POTUS and had it been done 10 years ago by anyone wouldn't have garnered a peep from anyone. The ACA needs fixing, depending on whether you one getting it for $1 a month due to subsidies or paying $800 for a policy that has a narrow network with few physicians your opinion will vary. The classified info? Apparently POTUS decides what's classified anyway so only that it's Trump is this even an issue. I find the biggest problem with this Administration to be the press quite frankly. I don't like everything that's happening by a long shot, but I resent having to have a near Masters Level kind of research skill to seek out the actual facts, truths, and perspective on any headline news story anymore. And the leaks, while people who want to see Trump fail are always happy for any bit of negative gossip, are actually destroying the country from the inside because now that it's the norm it will not stop with Trump. The clock never gets turned back and transparency isn't necessarily a positive, unless you think armchair quarterbacks at their computers should have a vote on what the POTUS can and can't do and say in every situation.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:28 PM

537 posts, read 598,362 times
For most informed Trump voters, Trump's presidency has been a mixed bag. He hasn't had any major legislative accomplishments. He's accomplished a few things through executive orders, but nothing that will have long reaching consequences. His biggest accomplishment so far has been the confirmation of Neil Gorsuch. None of the things his voters were really hoping for have happened, and the more Trump gets mired in scandals, the less likely it seems they are going to happen - Obamacare repeal, the wall, tax reform, draining the swamp, major infrastructure spending... Trump's biggest enemy is himself. If he would get off Twitter take a back seat to his chosen staff, maybe things would actually start getting done. As someone who leans right, at this point, I'm wondering if Trump resigning and letting Pence take over would be the best outcome.

What's ironic is that we have many on the left who continue to spout what a totalitarian and fascist Trump is, but he's turning into the most ineffective president since Jimmy Carter. And thanks to the major media outlets constantly spouting misleading news, nobody knows what the hell is going on or who to trust. What a mess.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:28 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
There is no breaking point. Democrats defended Obama no matter what, so expect the same from the opposition.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:30 PM

313 posts, read 152,797 times
Quote:

He would have to turn into Hillary Clinton for me to turn against him. A PRETTY CLOSE I am not sure about if I would stop supporting is if he ever said the wall WON'T get built.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:33 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,113,345 times
[quote=MinivanDriver;48175202
[/QUOTE]

I'd say two thirds of the replies in here show you that there is no breaking point LOL

Whether their egos are too big to admit Trump has screwed something up, or whether they truly believe that he is doing a fantastic job, I'd say aobut 90% of the hardcore Trump supporters will ever admit they disagree with him....about anything.

it's sad.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:37 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
why would a Trump supporter come in here and admit defeat this early? We will know in 2018 and 2020 if they have a breaking point.

I think it's already clear there is because this place was packed with Trump thumpers a month ago and they are slowly leaving because some things are indefensible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies