Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2017, 01:14 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times

Advertisements

Well, I hope the Rich family will get some peace and quiet now.

Sean Hannity isn't a journalist, but he works for Fox so he doesn't have to deal with ethics.

Old 05-23-2017, 01:16 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Just coming here to post about that.

If Fox News disavows a story, that's like saying it wasn't the bottom of the barrel, it was the crud that was on the underside after you turned it over.

But I doubt it's going to stop the True Believers, at least until something else comes along that they can try to use to deflect from the tightening net around the corrupt Trump administration.
The True Believers will say that Fox was threatened by the Hillary murder cabal.

No theory too nutty for those peeps.

Old 05-23-2017, 01:17 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
The whole seth tin foil hat story is a complete lie and it is obvious to most. What is hateful is the people willing to knowingly spread this lie in order to provide support for failing Trump.

They are willing to hurt Seth's family and to destroy his reputation just to smear political opponents. It is disgusting and very un american.
In short these right wingers are traitors to the USA, and the very worst of us. They should be ashamed of themselves using the murder of a good man to further their agenda of division and hate.
Also, any "Hillary" or "Obama" secret plan story is not going to change the fact that Trump's team had contact with the Russians. It's not going to change what Flynn did or the hot water he is in. I'm not sure if Trump really thinks that this can all go away and Flynn can come back to the White House, but that ship has sailed.

Old 05-23-2017, 01:18 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
The true believers will say that Fox was threatened by the Hillary murder cabal.
How long until they blame Hillary for Roger's death?

Old 05-23-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if the family of SR was either threatened or is being paid off to stay quiet. Kind of like the Mexican cartel saying about "you can have the silver or the lead".
I could imagine someone going to them and saying "look...he's dead. You can either risk your families lives and get nothing or take $$$ for the rest of your lives and live comfortably. Nothing will bring set back, and no one is going to be caught anyways, so drop it, and just take some money to help you deal with your loss".
Ahhh yes. It was only a matter of time.

No conspiracy too crazy for the wackos.

Old 05-23-2017, 01:20 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Many conspiracy theories about the Clinton's, DNC and others affiliated with them (Soros as an example, but increasingly folks from Microsoft and Google), have laid blame for the deaths of many people as politically motivated.

An unexpected problem emerged recently for the DNC, the special prosecutor, may search for the source of the leaks. The most likely source is Seth Rich, not any Russian. It is possible the killing of Seth Rich wasn't covered up well. Podesta in WikiLeaks indicates he wants to make an example of the leaker.

If tracks were not covered well, this could backfire on the DNC (which refused FBI assistance to determine who compromised it's servers). If the leaker was Seth Rich, and if it is possible to determine this killing was for political purposes by the DNC, many who sought impeachment of the President may be prosecuted.

This morning on CBS, no anti-Trump comments, not even a Colbert clip. My guess is fear is spreading.

Breaking:

Seth was a DNC lawyer, and Sanders supporter who felt the DNC violated it's own charter by favoring Clinton over Sanders. He had strong motivation to expose DNC corruption.
Fake News! But you ran with it anyway, my my my

Old 05-23-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I KNOW THAT SETH RICH WAS INVOLVED IN THE DNC LEAK.

I know this because in late 2014 a person contacted me about helping me to start a branch of the Internet Party in the United States. He called himself Panda. I now know that Panda was Seth Rich.

Panda advised me that he was working on voter analytics tools and other technologies that the Internet Party may find helpful.

I communicated with Panda on a number of topics including corruption and the influence of corporate money in politics.

“He wanted to change that from the inside.”

I was referring to what I knew when I did an interview with Bloomberg in New Zealand in May 2015. In that interview I hinted that Julian Assange and Wikileaks would release information about Hillary Clinton in the upcoming election.

The Rich family has reached out to me to ask that I be sensitive to their loss in my public comments. That request is entirely reasonable.

I have consulted with my lawyers. I accept that my full statement should be provided to the authorities and I am prepared to do that so that there can be a full investigation. My lawyers will speak with the authorities regarding the proper process.

If my evidence is required to be given in the United States I would be prepared to do so if appropriate arrangements are made. I would need a guarantee from Special Counsel Mueller, on behalf of the United States, of safe passage from New Zealand to the United States and back. In the coming days we will be communicating with the appropriate authorities to make the necessary arrangements. In the meantime, I will make no further comment.

STATEMENT FROM
KIM DOTCOM
If KIM DOTCOM said it, it must be true. We all know that KIM DOTCOM is an unimpeachable source. All he/she needs is a visa from New Zealand and he/she will reveal all.

Do you even read what you post?

Old 05-23-2017, 01:24 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Fox News removes false story on Seth Rich's murder -- six days after it was debunked - May. 23, 2017

Old 05-23-2017, 01:26 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
How long until they blame Hillary for Roger's death?
Bill O'Reilly is already saying that 'the nation's hate' killed Roger Ailes.

Old 05-23-2017, 01:50 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,141,538 times
Fox News retracts Seth Rich conspiracy story

Fox News on Tuesday retracted a story regarding the 2016 killing of Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich after massive outcry over sharing conspiracy theories about the murder.

"On May 16, a story was posted on the Fox News website on the investigation into the 2016 murder of DNC Staffer Seth Rich," the retraction reads. "The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting.”

"Upon appropriate review, the article was found not to meet those standards and has since been removed.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies