Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 09:32 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

Hillary interfered in Putin's election. Obama interfered in Netanyahu's election. So what is new?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 09:59 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
"Tough" does describe Trump. I think anyone else up against the barrage of attacks, unjustified at that, coming from the left, relentlessly, even ridiculously would have thrown the towel in long ago.

I see persistence, and determination, and grit -- all parts of 'tough".
That may be your perception of who he is and what that means. I see none of that. Just bluster. He wants to be right, wants to be in control at any cost, that's all. I don't believe he is "tough" at all, hearing that he doesn't like weakness (obviously from childhood, when boys may be impressed upon to "not be a weenie".. or something). So he projects some image of a tough guy, like being macho at his rallies, "Throw 'em out on his ass" kind of thing, or getting in a big truck and honking the horn.

If he were tough, he would:

Not continually blame or bully others.

Not make up stories or otherwise lie and cheat.

Take responsibility for his actions.

Not constantly be defending himself.

Function as a mature adult.

Not waste time as president, tweeting.

Be a man, with positive traits real men possess.

Not care about criticism, if he were secure within himself as a man and a leader.

Actually remain focused upon presidential duties.

An example of tough was his predecessor, despite what some choose to think. That man not only had the ability to do the job, but possesses traits necessary to function as an adult and is a proper human being, with class and character. Talk about withstanding unjustified attacks and tolerating criticism - for eight years and maintaining his job without lashing out, being defensive or aggressive, making personal attacks. That to me is an adult male with strength.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:19 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimChi2PG View Post
Donald Trump is incapable of commanding respect. He may demand it, but he will never command it.

He said being president was harder than he realized. You know what Mr. President? Being set down in the jungles of Viet Nam was tough. I was a kid but I grew up fast. But you had an ouchie on your foot and never got to experience what we did. And it looks like you never grew up.

When I served, I needed to know we had a stable Commander in Chief. LBJ was just that. He was tough as nuts. Put LBJ and Trump in the same room and LBJ would make Little Lord Fonteroy pee in his pants.

Those of us who have fought and are still fighting for our country need a strong Commander in Chief. Trump has proven he doesn't have it. And neither does Pence. Time for a real Commander in Chief who knows what tough is.

Thank you so much for your service and your sacrifices for our Country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
He can't even take charge of his own hand-picked White House staff.

The fact is that tRump is bereft of even the most basic leadership skills.

Hell, he can't even take charge of his own tweet phone.
I didn't vote for him....thought he was awful...but I did hope that he would try and maybe get better...
but the man can't shut up...and he can't put down that little orange Tweeting finger of his...if he did he
might not get all the negative Press that he gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Wow, a Vietnam veteran praising LBJ. Never thought I'd see that. Shows just how delusional the Left has become.
Nice. Insulting a Veteran. You must be so proud of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
Trump is mentally unstable, and this was apparent from the beginning. Face it. My comment for the original poster is thank you for your service.
It's soooooo obvious...yet it is weird how delusional some of his followers are that they can't even see it...
because it's as plain as the nose on your face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The Trump is a billionaire living in golden palaces=Inside Donald and Melania Trump's Manhattan Apartment Mansion | iDesignArch | Interior Design, Architecture & Interior Decorating eMagazine
He hasnt a clue what normal people have to go through to survive yet he continually tells us he is going to make America great again?, yeah for him and his billionaire class.
That in a nutshell! Can't believe that they bought that.

The times President Trump publicly insulted poor people - NY Daily News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrygal View Post
Thank you for your service and eloquent rebuttal, sir. It never ceases to amaze me how quick Trump supporters are to label his opponents as "delusional" when he defines it. His grandiosity is only exceeded by his need to tweet.
Well said, and I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Yet most military people vote Republican, and they voted for Trump 3 to 1 over Hillary Clinton.

Military Poll: Troops Backing Trump By 3-to-1 Margin Over Clinton
I have several family members who are lifelong Democrats who are in the Military Service and have
ancestors who have fought in every war since the American Revolution....Many if not most were Democrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimChi2PG View Post
I know all about how LBJ felt after the fact. But that's not what I'm talking about.

What I should have said is, "Compared to Trump..." That's the perspective I'm coming from in this thread. I put myself back in Viet Nam with the guys who were there and I've imagined the conversations we would have had if Trump was our president back then. And I can't imagine one good thing that would come out of it. If we were able to compare the two, LBJ would look like Goliath and Trump would look like a selfish child.

When friends and neighbors were appalled Trump got elected, I told them to give him a chance. I said, "Okay, the man who campaigned for president was often a flake but he did make some promises that could help America, like rebuilding the infrastructure. Let's see what he does now that he's in office"

Instead of rebuilding America, all I see is a self-focused, unstable man-child. His tweets alone show him to be unfit to be leader of the free world. But I kept my mouth shut and waited and took flack for it.

Then Trump fired Comey.

It's not the fact he fired him, it's the way he did it and the lame excuse he gave for doing so. Totally spineless. That was when I ended my silence. Then came the Russian invitation to the Oval Office where Trump denied access to our media but let in Russian media. That's when I knew he had to go.

Any president who creates instability within our intelligence organizations should be removed from office unless that president has no other option. Our military relies on intelligence because lives depend on it. If you add the appearance of cavorting with the enemy, moral crumbles.

Trump has to go or he will take our country down with him
Very well stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
Term limits in both the House and Senate would eliminate the majority of the cronyism in place today.
Amen on that one! I would be ecstatic to get rid of the likes of Mitch McConnell and company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
How far have we fallen indeed! Trump's comparing his worry over STDs to combat in Viet Nam is just another showing on his part of how sick this guy is in the head. It's the same with his view that he greatly sacrificed of himself in erecting buildings and then compared that to people who lost loved ones. Who in the world can justify this kind of twisted thinking? It sure isn't going to be me.
It's pathetic and it's exasperating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Say what you will, but Obama was a capable President. Capable enough to pull us out of the deepest depression since the 1930s and get the nation back on course, for sure. And a few other things as well, like ending the Iraq war, providing health care to all, killing our nation's single greatest enemy, restoring our national reputation, and deporting more immigrants than the former 3 presidents combined.

Claiming he was coddled is idiotic. He had nothing but trouble from the moment he was elected to the moment he left, from all quarters, including his own party. The press didn't have a damn thing to do with it.

So you didn't like the guy. So what? He's gone now, all retired and away for good.

This is nothing but an idiotic attempt to deflect discussion over the topic at hand: Trumps ability to lead America.

If you think he's a good leader, then why didn't you just say so? Why indulge in this stupidity?
They always go back to deflection...on either Obama or Hillary. Always. Obama is a past President, and he
is History and Hillary didn't win....so what is the point other than the fact they are deflecting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
Trump isn't strong? We have gone after North Korea already. Obama didn't do that. Trump not strong my ass.
That is the funniest post of the night. Strong? He
is a whiny little Snowflake who acts like a child. And he gets on twitter acting like a spoiled little girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
"Tough" does describe Trump. I think anyone else up against the barrage of attacks, unjustified at that, coming from the left, relentlessly, even ridiculously would have thrown the towel in long ago.

I see persistence, and determination, and grit -- all parts of 'tough".
Please! He is forever whining about comedians making fun of him (Like they have every President since
basically forever), the press and people being mean to him....then he goes off on obnoxious rants bragging
about how wonderful he is! It's embarrassing....I wish he would start acting like a man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post

He doesn't challenge anything.

Talk to any psychologist out there. The tweets are those of a severely insecure individual. Presidents have better things to do then whine on twitter, you'd think.
He says he doesn't have time for daily Security briefs, like every other President before him has had,
Yet he has time to golf all the time, run off to Maralago all the time, and sit around making crazy tweets all
the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
That may be your perception of who he is and what that means. I see none of that. Just bluster. He wants to be right, wants to be in control at any cost, that's all. I don't believe he is "tough" at all, hearing that he doesn't like weakness (obviously from childhood, when boys may be impressed upon to "not be a weenie".. or something). So he projects some image of a tough guy, like being macho at his rallies, "Throw 'em out on his ass" kind of thing, or getting in a big truck and honking the horn.

If he were tough, he would:

Not continually blame or bully others.

Not make up stories or otherwise lie and cheat.

Take responsibility for his actions.

Not constantly be defending himself.

Function as a mature adult.

Not waste time as president, tweeting.

Be a man, with positive traits real men possess.

Not care about criticism, if he were secure within himself as a man and a leader.

Actually remain focused upon presidential duties.

An example of tough was his predecessor, despite what some choose to think. That man not only had the ability to do the job, but possesses traits necessary to function as an adult and is a proper human being, with class and character. Talk about withstanding unjustified attacks and tolerating criticism - for eight years and maintaining his job without lashing out, being defensive or aggressive, making personal attacks. That to me is an adult male with strength.
Absolutely, and well said.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:31 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Obama deported more illegals than any other President.
I'm amazed at how Obama supporters keep parroting this lie after it had been debunked.

Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says - Washington Times

Old 06-24-2017, 07:34 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Hillary interfered in Putin's election. Obama interfered in Netanyahu's election. So what is new?
So evidently you don't care if Russia/Putin selects our President? Remember, they may not choose a Republican next time.

Old 06-24-2017, 12:44 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
So evidently you don't care if Russia/Putin selects our President? Remember, they may not choose a Republican next time.
Try to follow. It has been stated by those in Washington close to the "investigations" that Russian hacking did not affect the vote tally. They did not CHOOSE.

THEY HAD NO EFFECT ON RESULTS.

Got that?

Old 06-24-2017, 12:51 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Obama didn't lead. He simply belched out whatever the teleprompter told him to. The lame stream media coddled him from day one.

He may have been a cool dude to have a beer with, but a leader he was not.

As opposed to a sexist over weight pig.

Old 06-24-2017, 12:59 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times
Quote:
They will probably not choose a real republican next time. However, Russia didn't elect the US president, even if they interfered. That's the hot potato democrats refuse to discuss (even under threat of torture, lol). France is another example. Macron was elected despite hacking and smearing.
Screaming constantly that Russia "elected" the US president is the best incentive for them to repeat it. On the contrary, there is no proof that it worked (although nobody dares discussing that).

Old 06-24-2017, 05:22 PM

1,018 posts, read 511,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
The bold is EXACTLY why the media is the way it is right now.

opStay ithway ethay eetstway alreadyyay!

Trump hasn't gone after anything aside from polishing his own ego.

And what did Obama do exactly besides sit on his ass and let the Middle East crumble?

Old 06-24-2017, 05:33 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
There is one major problem with your post: He IS leading America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies