Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 09:23 AM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

While I guarantee some people on this forum will think that what the teachers did was nothing wrong at all, and just a bunch of crying snowflakes, most of us rational and decent human beings will realize that what these teachers did was plain wrong and stupid.

And thankfully this was dealt with appropriately and those teachers will not be returning.

Teachers not returning after 'Most Likely to Not Pay Attention' award - Story | WTTG

Quote:
Two Memorial Middle School teachers will not be returning next school year, according to a school spokesperson, after a teenage girl with ADHD received a school award for “Most Likely to Not Pay Attention.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 09:40 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Keep churning out the idiots, need lots of voters stupid enough to fall for progressive policies.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:41 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
That poor kid. Most of these end-of-year "awards" are silly, anyway. What on earth does "best-dressed," or "cutest couple" have to do with academics?

Old 05-20-2017, 09:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Keep churning out the idiots, need lots of voters stupid enough to fall for progressive policies.
I'm sure everyone wishes they were born perfect like you.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:51 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nah. If that's perfection, I'll stick with my flawed self.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Not perfect, just competent enough to understand consequence.

Success and failure are a part of life.

ADHD is a BS cop out, a lie created by the lazy and undisciplined to justify their failure to attend to their responsibilities.

You people keep churning out idiots, the results are there, this is all on you folks and we keep getting more and more irresponsible people, who are so incredibly dumb that they emotionally react to everything.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Nah. If that's perfection, I'll stick with my flawed self.
Seems I hurt someones feelings. Here is a tissue!

Old 05-20-2017, 10:22 AM

727 posts, read 390,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
While I guarantee some people on this forum will think that what the teachers did was nothing wrong at all, and just a bunch of crying snowflakes, most of us rational and decent human beings will realize that what these teachers did was plain wrong and stupid.

And thankfully this was dealt with appropriately and those teachers will not be returning.
Oh god... When I was in grade school we would have laughed at that, and the kid who got the award would proudly display it. He'd probably be carried out on our shoulders.

Hypersensitivity only creates hypersensitive kids. And those kids will not be prepared when they go out into the big bad world. Cruelty is not the answer either. We just need to embrace sayings like Sticks and Stones and remember to always be building personal strength not sheltering kids from challenges.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:29 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Not perfect, just competent enough to understand consequence.
There are very negative consequences of demeaning and putting down people with disabilities.

Quote:
Success and failure are a part of life.

ADHD is a BS cop out, a lie created by the lazy and undisciplined to justify their failure to attend to their responsibilities.

You people keep churning out idiots, the results are there, this is all on you folks and we keep getting more and more irresponsible people, who are so incredibly dumb that they emotionally react to everything.
Coward. You are speaking to me, not "you people".

Old 05-20-2017, 10:38 AM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimChi2PG View Post
Oh god... When I was in grade school we would have laughed at that, and the kid who got the award would proudly display it. He'd probably be carried out on our shoulders.

Hypersensitivity only creates hypersensitive kids. And those kids will not be prepared when they go out into the big bad world. Cruelty is not the answer either. We just need to embrace sayings like Sticks and Stones and remember to always be building personal strength not sheltering kids from challenges.
True that - I mean it would have been the same at the place where I am from.
However that girl was diagnosed with ADHD, and this is OFFICIALLY a psychiatric disorder.
The next question that I have then however, is how on earth children with psychiatric disorders can be educated in the same class as normal children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies