Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2017, 12:13 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,588,251 times

Advertisements

Looks like Soros's Media Matters is getting Google, Facebook, and Twitter to crack down on Right-wing opposition by calling it "fake news" and allowing people to report it (Thought Police anyone?)

https://www.scribd.com/document/3375...Fighting-Trump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 12:16 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Of course it is. One of their main go to's is "silence the opposition".. Meanwhile they've been pumping excrement disguised as "real unbiased news" which really sounds like screaming butthurt.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Of course it is. One of their main go to's is "silence the opposition".. Meanwhile they've been pumping excrement disguised as "real unbiased news" which really sounds like screaming butthurt.

Pulled right out of Stalin's playbook.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:30 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Idiots. It is extremely easy to create another FB account, or a Twitter account. Banning doesn't do a thing.

Google is not the only browser. Many people use other browsers. Too bad for them.

The more the left keeps this up, the bigger the slap in the face in 2018 and 2020.

The very fact that they can't comprehend that "popular vote" means nothing, and while spouting that they "picked up seats", they lied and failed to mention just how badly the Dems lost.

They will continue to lose. Every single time a lefty opens their mouth, another person goes to the right.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Idiots. It is extremely easy to create another FB account, or a Twitter account. Banning doesn't do a thing.

Google is not the only browser. Many people use other browsers. Too bad for them.

The more the left keeps this up, the bigger the slap in the face in 2018 and 2020.

The very fact that they can't comprehend that "popular vote" means nothing, and while spouting that they "picked up seats", they lied and failed to mention just how badly the Dems lost.

They will continue to lose. Every single time a lefty opens their mouth, another person goes to the right.
They're not banning us (they though may try that), they're going to block, say, all news from Breitbart. They can just set it to block all Breitbart stuff or give you the "error message" that they, for instance, gave a while back when people posted a Bundy Ranch Youtube video, and it said it couldn't do it because the site was an "attack site".

Or they could make you do CAPCHAs to post it. Like they did when I shared the Clinton 1992 logo (and it did a CAPCHA because it had a Confederate flag in it.)

Old 05-20-2017, 12:36 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
These people are delusional. Not only that, they are liars.

They talk about "fake news" when they and the lamestream media are the biggest purveyors of "fake news". It's obvious to any reasonably intelligent person that the MSM is in the pockets of the leftists.

Old 05-20-2017, 01:25 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
They're not banning us (they though may try that), they're going to block, say, all news from Breitbart. They can just set it to block all Breitbart stuff or give you the "error message" that they, for instance, gave a while back when people posted a Bundy Ranch Youtube video, and it said it couldn't do it because the site was an "attack site".

Or they could make you do CAPCHAs to post it. Like they did when I shared the Clinton 1992 logo (and it did a CAPCHA because it had a Confederate flag in it.)
Twitter is banning right-wing accounts left and right. I follow a lot of people and I've seen it happen repeatedly. Within the hour, that person has another account up, and the word is spread what the new address is.

Facebook bans for a lot of things, and as people get more sensitive, they get progressively more active in doing so. But you don't actually have to use your real name to open a FB account. Just make it sound like a real name. You can have another account up in minutes.

We do have Gib to go to, as well, and many on the right are going over there, as well as opening up new Twitter accounts.

The left can cry and try to stop people from sharing the truth, but they are not going to win that battle. It's just going to frustrate them...which I'm all for. There's nothing more delicious than a frustrated and angry liberal...they have provided me with months of entertainment.

Old 05-20-2017, 01:40 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
I'm completely against this. I mean, they're private companies, so they can do what they want, but for the most part, I really don't like censorship at all. The only time I agree with censorship is if the content is promoting violence, blatant hate speech, or divulging others' private information without consent -- none of those things are okay, and shouldn't be promoted.

But if a conservative media outlet wants to ramble on about how Obama's a secret Muslim and that illegal aliens are actually settling in the USA to make contact with real aliens so that they can guide them to Earth to introduce a new species of nine-headed cows...or if a super-lefty outlet wants to discuss how wearing business suits will definitely cause heart cancer... Whatever. lol. Let them have that right.

Old 05-20-2017, 02:08 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Someone as harmless as Mark Dice of youtube has had his channel demonitized in an attempt to squelch yet another voice of reason.
This guy if you dont know:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW0IvzVIUBs

Old 05-20-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Twitter is banning right-wing accounts left and right. I follow a lot of people and I've seen it happen repeatedly. Within the hour, that person has another account up, and the word is spread what the new address is.

Facebook bans for a lot of things, and as people get more sensitive, they get progressively more active in doing so. But you don't actually have to use your real name to open a FB account. Just make it sound like a real name. You can have another account up in minutes.

We do have Gib to go to, as well, and many on the right are going over there, as well as opening up new Twitter accounts.

The left can cry and try to stop people from sharing the truth, but they are not going to win that battle. It's just going to frustrate them...which I'm all for. There's nothing more delicious than a frustrated and angry liberal...they have provided me with months of entertainment.
One of my FB accounts got closed for having a fake name (it was obviously fake, but people have skated by with just as fake names. Mine at least was funny as it was Paul Reveered. I made a new account though, and, luckily, one of my important groups I'd had the sense to get an alternate admin besides myself so they were able to add me back in.)

As for Twitter, I have some backup accounts, though, admittedly, my main one has like 5.3K followers and the next largest one has just 100 or so.

I'm on Mewe and Gab too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies