Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 02:28 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,969,419 times

Advertisements

Guess I'd better pull myself up by my boot straps to pay the $100,000 a year it costs for my mother's nursing home. It's my own fault if I can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 02:37 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
Guess I'd better pull myself up by my boot straps to pay the $100,000 a year it costs for my mother's nursing home. It's my own fault if I can't.
Nah, just tell the nursing home to roll your mom out to the curb once the Medicaid runs out. She'll have lots of company out there, all of those other elderly who depend on Medicaid to cover their costs, as well as the millions of children who do as well. They serve no productive use to society--as in, no one can make any money off of their labor--so it's of no loss as far as President Trump and the GOP are concerned.

Paul Ryan must be doing his happy dance at the thought of this. He's been itching to cut the entire safety net to shreds. It must feel like Christmas to him thinking about all the people they're about to pull the rug out from under.

Old 05-23-2017, 02:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Nah, just tell the nursing home to roll your mom out to the curb once the Medicaid runs out.
Or he could take his mom into his 4 bedroom 3 bath home where currently he resides with his wife and dog.

Old 05-23-2017, 02:40 PM

589 posts, read 381,588 times
Quote:
Nah, just tell the nursing home to roll your mom out to the curb once the Medicaid runs out. She'll have lots of company out there, all of those other elderly who depend on Medicaid to cover their costs, as well as the millions of children who do as well. They serve no productive use to society--as in, no one can make any money off of their labor--so it's of no loss as far as President Trump and the GOP are concerned.

Paul Ryan must be doing his happy dance at the thought of this. He's been itching to cut the entire safety net to shreds. It must feel like Christmas to him thinking about all the people they're about to pull the rug out from under.
Actually, why don't you liberals first make sure that Medicaid is cut to all illegal aliens ? And while you're at it, petition President Trump to establish a task force to eliminate all Medicaid fraud. Maybe after both of those are completed, your moms won't lose their coverage.

Or you can just keep playing keyboard jockey and continue to whine.

Old 05-23-2017, 02:43 PM

589 posts, read 381,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Or he could take his mom into his 4 bedroom 3 bath home where currently he resides with his wife and dog.
Truth - but his wife can't stand his mother. You know how that goes.

Old 05-23-2017, 02:58 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,598,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump has done nothing that he said he would do. From the wall, to the wars, to health care, he has broken more promises in 8 weeks than Obama did in 8 years, and Obama broke or failed to deliver on a lot of them. Trump's feigned concern for "you" got him elected, but in reality he is turning into Paul Ryan.
Let's hope that Paul Ryan doesn't turn into being president. That smirking, scheming weasel is counting on that happening. A Shakespearean plotline is spinning in his head.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:10 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,665,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Let's hope that Paul Ryan doesn't turn into being president. That smirking, scheming weasel is counting on that happening. A Shakespearean plotline is spinning in his head.

I agree, but he could end up like many of the Shakespearean characters, too.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:15 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Appalachians that lose their health coverage cannot complain since they voted for Trump.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:56 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,230,226 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Isn't it ironic that Ryan received Social Security benefits when his father died. He should wipe that
smirk off his face.
Paul Ryan already benefited from the Social Security fund he now wants to gut

Old 05-23-2017, 04:37 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,100,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.d04108e39811

I thought he was going to preserve medicaid. What changed?
The federal government typically covers 50% of Medicaid. Obama promised to cover 100% of those covered by the Medicaid expansion, but without any authority. Trump is simply not going to honor Obama's unsustainable promise. Worse states which don't work with the federal government to get those who do not belong on the Medicaid expansion off, will get a total Medicaid expansion cut off. The federal government has a long history of making Medicaid promises to states, and not following through. Republican governors understood this and didn't sign up, Democrat governors did, it's going to hurt those states financially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies