Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 05:41 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,447,190 times

Advertisements

Multnomah GOP chair says they are thinking about using the Three Percenters and the Oath Keepers as security at public events:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...militia-groups

"The Oath Keepers are described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as “one of the largest radical antigovernment groups in the US”, recruiting current and former military and law enforcement personnel. They have recently appeared at rallies from Berkeley to Boston, standing with activists from the far right, activists holding what were once fringe positions who have recently risen to national prominence.

"The Three Percenters are described by Political Research Associates as “a paramilitary group that pledges armed resistance against attempts to restrict private gun ownership”. They were a highly visible presence in Burns, Oregon, before and during the occupation of the Malheur wildlife refuge by rightwing militia early in 2016."

This seems like an escalation that will turn out badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 05:45 PM

158 posts, read 107,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Multnomah GOP chair says they are thinking about using the Three Percenters and the Oath Keepers as security at public events:

[url]https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/29/portland-attack-republican-james-buchal-militia-groups[/url]

"The Oath Keepers are described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as “one of the largest radical antigovernment groups in the US”, recruiting current and former military and law enforcement personnel. They have recently appeared at rallies from Berkeley to Boston, standing with activists from the far right, activists holding what were once fringe positions who have recently risen to national prominence.

"The Three Percenters are described by Political Research Associates as “a paramilitary group that pledges armed resistance against attempts to restrict private gun ownership”. They were a highly visible presence in Burns, Oregon, before and during the occupation of the Malheur wildlife refuge by rightwing militia early in 2016."

This seems like an escalation that will turn out badly.
It will only turn out badly if the violent left,turns to violence. These people they are considering using are former law enforcement and soldiers. They KNOW how to deal with violent people. Some of them protected businesses during the rioting in Ferguson.

Doesn't help with either yourself or the newspaper that wrote the article using a Anti American Hate group like the SPLC as a source.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:47 PM

[url=http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/12/14/oath-keepers-fergusonprotests.html]In Ferguson, Oath Keepers draw both suspicion and gratitude | Al Jazeera America[/url]

Such horrible folks! So "anti government"

Old 05-29-2017, 05:50 PM

[url=http://www.thethreepercenters.org/about-us]The Three Percenters[/url]
[url]https://www.oathkeepers.org/about/[/url]

Old 05-29-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueFreak View Post
It will only turn out badly if the violent left,turns to violence. These people they are considering using are former law enforcement and soldiers. They KNOW how to deal with violent people. Some of them protected businesses during the rioting in Ferguson.

Doesn't help with either yourself or the newspaper that wrote the article using a Anti American Hate group like the SPLC as a source.
Wow..three posts in response to my one! Such a prolific response--for such a new member.

SPLC is not an 'anti-American hate group' and your labeling it as such instantly reveals your agenda and mind-set.

Here in Twin Falls we have the Three Percenters--they occupy themselves driving around in their pick-ups with Confederate Flags and 'Don't Tread on Me' flying high. In those circles, racist rhetoric is common.
It's a badge of honor to have a copy of the Turner Diaries handy.
The community barely tolerates them.
From my perspective, the Three Percenters are an anti-American hate group.

But, no matter--not a subject that we're going to agree on, I suspect.

These people are the Antifa's natural enemy...and their presence will bring a response. My point, is if you want civic tranquillity, this would not be the way to get it. Regardless of your political point of view.

It's pouring gasoline on the fire.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Wow..three posts in response to my one! Such a prolific response--for such a new member.

SPLC is not an 'anti-American hate group' and your labeling it as such instantly reveals your agenda and mind-set.

Here in Twin Falls we have the Three Percenters--they occupy themselves driving around in their pick-ups with Confederate Flags and 'Don't Tread on Me' flying high. In those circles, racist rhetoric is common.
It's a badge of honor to have a copy of the Turner Diaries handy.
The community barely tolerates them.
From my perspective, the Three Percenters are an anti-American hate group.

But, no matter--not a subject that we're going to agree on, I suspect.

These people are the Antifa's natural enemy...and their presence will bring a response. My point, is if you want civic tranquillity, this would not be the way to get it. Regardless of your political point of view.

It's pouring gasoline on the fire.
Oh we can see right through your hatred for a group that puts loyalty to the constitution above all else...pure hatred and lies....just sickening. Good luck the the local GOP,The 3 Percenters and Oath Keepers.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueFreak View Post
Oh we can see right through your hatred for a group that puts loyalty to the constitution above all else...pure hatred and lies....just sickening. Good luck the the local GOP,The 3 Percenters and Oath Keepers.
Lol..uh..OK. BTW..who is 'we'? I'm talking to a collective?

Old 05-29-2017, 06:25 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
Does Portland have any resident Republicans? Portland isn't exactly known as a hub, or even a bus stop, for Republican politics. In fact, the city has a reputation as being very Progressive.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Does Portland have any resident Republicans? Portland isn't exactly known as a hub, or even a bus stop, for Republican politics.
In Multnomah County Democrats currently enjoy a 51.9-14.9% advantage.

Not much. [url=http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/8/13/1321286/-Oregon-Voter-Registration-Trend-by-County]Oregon Voter Registration Trends[/url]

I would hate to live there...goodness. I can see why they feel the need to have some protection.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Does Portland have any resident Republicans? Portland isn't exactly known as a hub, or even a bus stop, for Republican politics.
Good point. Perhaps the local Republicans..and especially the Alt/Right..are feeling a bit under siege, and wish re-enforcement?

Portland is a bit of a flash point right now..and in such environments are reputations made. Maybe the GOP County Chairman harbors some ambitions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies