Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 12:20 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,080,558 times

Advertisements

Well which ever one it was I give a big thank-yah to them!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 12:20 PM

1,302 posts, read 683,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate67 View Post
Russians planted those to sway the election?
I guess it was Info Wars...

Russia basically diclosed the Democratic Server to show that The DNC was doing everthing posible to stop Bernie Sanders and that caused Lots of Democrats not going out to vote. It was Russia and it was the Democratic Party the Guilty ones of the triumph of Trump.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:27 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,037,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
I guess it was Info Wars...

Russia basically diclosed the Democratic Server to show that The DNC was doing everthing posible to stop Bernie Sanders and that caused Lots of Democrats not going out to vote. It was Russia and it was the Democratic Party the Guilty ones of the triumph of Trump.
Sounds more like lazy, apathetic Dem voters than anything. Can't blame the Russians for *making* you stay home on election day lol.

And Russians exposing how the DNC bent Bernie Sanders over is somehow a bad thing?

Old 06-01-2017, 02:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
this is what many Dems say. Russians planted fake news stories about Hillary and this swung the election to Trump

So, what were the stories, and did they receive loads of media attention? Like as much as attention as the Access Hollywood tape and Trump's tax returns?
His election had nothing to do with Fake news stories, except to get him more attention as the press ate it up and so did he. As my husband, an X news guy and PR guy said: he is the best PR person ever to run for President. While he was helping himself. his number 1 opponent was doing a crappy job of helping herself and she was extremely unpopular even with her party.

While he was listening to the people and responding she lost her hearing aids and didn't know where to find them.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:27 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
His election had nothing to do with Fake news stories, except to get him more attention as the press ate it up and so did he. As my husband, an X news guy and PR guy said: he is the best PR person ever to run for President. While he was helping himself. his number 1 opponent was doing a crappy job of helping herself and she was extremely unpopular even with her party.
Voters in general weren't happy with either Clinton or Trump and had to hold their noses while voting. You can't say Clinton was unpopular without also conceding that Trump's abysmal approval ratings were consistently lower than hers.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ion/unpopular/
Quote:
Donald Trump has always been viewed more negatively, though the latest Post-ABC poll finds their ratings are nearly the same among registered voters. The earliest polls, when he was considering a presidential run in 1999, showed him with a net favorability of -52 percent according to the Washington Post polling archive. Recently, his numbers have improved, although they are still well below zero.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:33 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
that thing where Hillary and the DNC colluded to keep Bernie from winning.
wait that was true.

or that thing where John Podests said nasty things about dem voters.
wait that was true

LOL

Old 06-01-2017, 02:34 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Some stooges flooded Facebook with fake news stories from completely fake websites. I doubt many of them are still there.

There was a prominent one from Breitbart and Alex Jones, "Pizzagate" where Hillary supposedly ran a child prostitution ring in the back of a pizza shop.
Most moderates didn't even see those crackpot website stories let alone give them any credence.

Those are mostly "comfort food stories" that pander the right (or left) with internal justification that they're fighting the good fight against the EVIL other party.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:37 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate67 View Post
Sounds more like lazy, apathetic Dem voters than anything.
Yep, a lot of dem voters (especially black voters that had a bad taste of Hillary from 2008) stayed home.

Also didn't help that a lot of polls were biased and so we had the usual idiots that post here running around boasting about how big her win would be.

Hillary got beat by a classic case of over-confidence where she coasted, took votes for granted and lost.

I honestly believe that had she beat herself.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:48 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
What I find most intriguing and interesting is how nearly everyone who knew of him loved Trump up until he started running for president. Even Obama at some point in the past wrote that he wanted to be like Trump. I remember being in Hong Kong back in '89 and taking the Star Ferry over to Kowloon seeing the Trump Princess pier side with lots of crowds looking at it. Not even a month later I was back home in Yokohama and saw that the Trump Princess was anchored out in the Yokohama Bay....couldn't believe it, like it followed me there or something.

How many people wanted to and ultimately went on his tv show? I never once seen it but heard so many co-workers talking about watching it the night before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI

Old 06-01-2017, 02:53 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
let me google that for you:
https://www.google.com/search?q=exam...iw=989&bih=681
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies