Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 11:02 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
he argued he and others were being forced off campus, that isnt true. at best he is talking about pier pressure, which would have also been true of black students the past 40 years(but he states he was fine with that).

So he is either a hypocrite or he overreacted.
I am sorry, and maybe this is just me.

According to this video at least, it seems like the only people overreacted were the students. They honestly acted like bullies to say the least. Some of them didn't even make any sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuc40cGydks&t=34s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 11:37 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am sorry, and maybe this is just me.

According to this video at least, it seems like the only people overreacted were the students. They honestly acted like bullies to say the least. Some of them didn't even make any sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuc40cGydks&t=34s
In an earlier post, I said both did. They are overreacting to his overreaction.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:39 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
A moment of promoting individual responsibility?

Whoa.

If nothing else I'll have to earmark this thread for your rare accomplishment dsjj251.

I have never had a problem with individual responsibility, you simply have a habit of blaming the wrong people LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I wave the white flag.

Or black one.

Whichever.

Always good to debate ya dsjj
you as well.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:33 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
So I guess Brown versus the Board of Education is dead back to Plessy versus Ferguson.

Old 06-02-2017, 01:21 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
^^^
I guess if no one wants to say it I will, At first I thought the college thing was just SJW nonsense but outside of Berkeley, almost every crazy event at liberal college has been due to a few pissed off students and then conservatives running off with a partially false story. This has caused the repetitive cycle of cons saying universities are indoctrinating the youth, when in reality outside of Berkeley, University's aren't doing anything. I used to have a more positive view of conservatives before I looked at conservative media on youtube/city data, but the constant fake news about colleges is tiring, at least liberal media doesn't try to claim to be the defenders of real news and that the other side only does real news.
The only real benefit is that more conservative children might opt out of going to a good university because of "indoctrination" by professors.

Old 06-02-2017, 01:59 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
SMH. Sounds like nonsense but, if there is a safety issue, the school has no choice but to shut down for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
University has changed a bit over the years. Harvard now has segregated graduation, and until 2017 there wasn't old school southern style segregation in the North.
Oh please. Everyone at Harvard attends the main graduation. Latinos at Harvard held an additional ceremony in 2015. No one cared. Now when graduate students of African/"black" origin start to do the same, it's a problem all of a sudden.

Old 06-02-2017, 02:14 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
University has changed a bit over the years. Harvard now has segregated graduation, and until 2017 there wasn't old school southern style segregation in the North.

No. HARVARD is not separating ceremonies by race. There are some STUDENTS at Harvard who planned an ADDITIONAL ceremony for black students. Huge difference.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:24 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
the university has a website , and there it says everyone is welcome to any of the events at either location.

im not saying this student is lying, im saying if it is true, then it goes against what the university itself has stated was the goal, and you should then be blaming who ever asked him to leave, no tthe school itself.
Have you watched any of the videos posted from this university in the last few days? If you had you would never think the person was lying about being told to leave. These kids are absolutely capable of making white people who showed up into the enemy of the people.

Watching those videos reminds me of The Crucible. One could easily see how the Salem Witch Trials happened.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:01 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
......Watching those videos reminds me of The Crucible. One could easily see how the Salem Witch Trials happened.
Or Mao's student led Cultural Revolution in Red China back in the sixties. That got downright ugly.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:53 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
im assuming you didnt know that there was even a tradition of this at the school, i suggest you look it up then respond.

It is meant to be somewhat like how the immigrants stayed home from work that one day. Its actually based on a play. The school holds all day activities on campus and off campus and on the next day, they hold a day of unity as well.

No one had a problem for 40 years with this happening, it was only when white students were asked to participate(again, asked, not forced) did it become a problem.
It is racist.

The day was always a group that decided amongst themselves and agreed to NOT go to campus, and organized their own activities off campus.

This year it was turned around and they TOLD certain people NOT to come to campus as in: You're a white teacher? You are not allowed to go to work. You're a white student? You show up on campus and it means you're against us (whatever that means).

There is a difference in voluntarily choosing not to show up and ORDERING another group to leave.

For example, hey are you going to campus tomorrow? Nah, I'm going to the rally instead.

Versus: Get the he-l off campus! You don't belong here!! We said so!!! :LEAVE: And then blocking employees from going home, holding them hostage, walking around with baseball bats threatening violence, hurling slurs and cursing at authority.

One is oppressive, one is not. If you can't see the difference, you're not looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies