Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 05:30 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,575,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama ran as a progressive. Once elected he immediately became a Bill Clinton New Democrat who also like to race bait.
Sweetie, no one is a better race baiter than your orange Leader.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 06:38 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,602,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Webb was my choice for prez.

He never had a chance.
I liked Webb's answer in the debate to the 'enemy' question. I can't remember the exact wording of the question...something like -- Who is your biggest enemy? or Who do you see as your biggest enemy? (personally, not as a potential POTUS) Webb's answer was immediate and honest....the person who caused his disability. I don't remember Bernie's answer, nor the the former Maryland governor's answer. IIRC, Hillary brainstormed a few ideas out loud, and then said 'the Republicans'.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:52 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,602,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
We need someone with integrity, someone who is articulate, who is compassionate yet decisive within principles, who does not see the other side as the enemy, who is not bought by the elite and also willing to stand up against their own party at times. I remember Hillary was asked who is your enemy and she said "Republicans" that kind of mindset is not healthy for the nation.

I was never really moved by any election but this last one was the worst ever. Webb would have had my vote and I never vote democratic party. Clinton is a career politician with much shady baggage who is in it for herself, Trump is unrefined bafoon at times but I voted for him because he came across as a outsider that shook up not only the liberals but the established republicans. I do regret voting for him in some ways specially his choice for attorney general , and some of his decisions to be hardline conservative at times. On the other hand he has done some stuff I like, like getting out of the climate Paris treaty.

However I much rather would have voted for Webb, but the democratic party is run by progressive liberals. The only people who inspire me at all in politics are Ron Paul and Jim Webb.
Interesting. That 'Republican/enemy' comment stuck in more than one person's mind. I read your post above after posting mine with a reference to the Hillary 'Republican/enemy' comment.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:00 PM

21,492 posts, read 10,609,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Interesting. That 'Republican/enemy' comment stuck in more than one person's mind. I read your post above after posting mine with a reference to the Hillary 'Republican/enemy' comment.
With her history with Republicans, one could hardly blame her for feeling like they're the enemy. It's not very politic to say it in an election where the electorate is basically split down the middle though.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:31 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,204,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Former Senator Jim Webb is a moderate Democrat from Virginia. What did he have going for him?
I would have voted for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
We missed a real opportunity to nominate someone electable and competent.
That's because the DNC meddled in the Election.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:19 AM

5,816 posts, read 3,240,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So it doesn't really matter if we nominate a so-called moderate. It's a waste of time. And if Webb would've actually won, he would've gotten no cooperation from McConnell or Ryan. NONE!
We can't vote based on the fact that the Republicans wouldn't cooperate. That's a poor reason to vote Republican. Republicans continuously vote anti worker and for the interests of the upper class. We need to vote for Democrats even if it is a holding action.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:32 PM

29,610 posts, read 16,602,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

That's because the DNC meddled in the Election.
Jim Webb had less than 1% support in the polls, no one wanted him. It had nothing to do with your perception of the DNC.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:01 AM

5,816 posts, read 3,240,685 times
We need to nominate a moderate Democrat for President. The Koch brothers own the Republican party. Some of their agenda is Ryan's agenda. Social Security needs to be saved not scrapped. Medicare is a good thing which needs to be saved. Europeans have better lives than we do at our expense but the Republicans want to go in the wrong direction.

The liberals need to know that they are not going to achieve Utopia in the next election or the next five elections. It is time that we nominate someone who is not going to be a slave to the limousine liberal billionaires or the Koch brothers consortium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies