Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2017, 10:20 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Why are Liberals so obsessed about making decisions based solely on if it will make other people like us? If companies did that, most would be bankrupt and shut down.
You have that wrong - expecting our representatives (prez, etc.) to act like grownups is not "making decisions based solely on if it will make other people like us". I don't care if the brits like us or not, but I do expect the president to act like a grownup, at least in public, because it is the right thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 10:21 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And? This may come as a shock but not being PC is in no way, shape, or form a guarantee of being anything other than non-PC, the non-PC subject may well still be a raving lunatic, an idiot, a jackass, any number of things that make for a poor leader, PC or not.
Trump & his supporters don't understand that. It's too complicated for their very simple, undeveloped brains. The rest of us get it.

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Why are Liberals so obsessed about making decisions based solely on if it will make other people like us? If companies did that, most would be bankrupt and shut down.

Wouldn't a better question be WHY are so many Trumpies enamored with the man for no other reason than he makes so many NOT like him?

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Who is "he" when you say "time to go after him"? Trump or the mayor?
The mayor, no reason to criticize him now. He doesn't seem to have said anything wrong at this point.

He was letting public know there will be increased police presence, do not be alarmed about that.

If I see lots of cops I assume something bad is actively happening, unless informed otherwise, and that tends to bear out.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:25 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Why are Liberals so obsessed about making decisions based solely on if it will make other people like us?
That doesn't mean there is any upside to going out and deliberately goading people in their hour of distress.

Why don't you elaborate on the positive outcomes of Trumps feeble-minded tweets?

The only thing he achieves is becoming the center of attention, and it's pretty clear he and his followers thrive on that. "Look at us, we can't be ignored!". You elected the class clown, God help you.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:26 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
4 pages and I still haven't seen just exactly what the post/tweet that trump did, that berated the mayor...

Old 06-05-2017, 10:29 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Wouldn't a better question be WHY are so many Trumpies enamored with the man for no other reason than he makes so many NOT like him?
He manages to make people respond to him, and for some, that is a victory in itself. "I made you react! I have that power over you!". It's the Internet Troll writ large. The tantrum thrower. The guy who makes his motorcycle as loud as he possibly can. "I made you look! I made you acknowledge me!"

Old 06-05-2017, 10:29 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
4 pages and I still haven't seen just exactly what the post/tweet that trump did, that berated the mayor...
That's your choice. If you were really interested you would have gone and found some information.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:33 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
The mayor said that people should expect to see increased police presence in the next few days and not to be alarmed by it. He was not telling people they shouldn't be upset about the attack.

After 9-11 our allies invoked article V. Our dear leader insults our strongest ally ' s mayor. Disgusting.
Be alarmed by an increase in police presence? That is dumb.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:34 AM

716 posts, read 393,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
He really needs to shut the hell up. We should be offering our support to our ally, not misquoting and deriding the mayor of their largest city.

I am completely disgusted by him. I hope the people of the UK know that he doesn't speak for most Americans.
How low can you go?!? Misrepresenting what the Mayor said is something I would expect from the creatins who post here, not from our President. Pathetic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies