Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 06:32 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
Putin is playing our idiot in chief like a fiddle
Exactly! It is getting scary and not funny anymore.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:41 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Wait... wasn't protecting Qtar one of the reasons for the first Gulf War? Is this like Saddam Hussein, first we loved him and gave him arms, then we decided we hated him? Tha Taliban - same thing... American foreign policy - SAD!!

Old 06-06-2017, 11:37 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I really haven't heard about Qatar, you may be right, but the Saudis are about the most repressive extremist radical Muslim country there is besides Pakistan, and they were responsible for 9/11!
Plus they are the dirt bags financing all these Mosques/terrorist recruiting centers in every free non-Islamist nation in the world, that's where their oil money goes, besides the partying of the Royals! Do you really want a President who cozies up to scum like them?

Plus, wasn't Mr. Back-stabber- 20-faces(not just 2-faced) all cozy with Qatar what a year ago? He'll brown-nose anyone, when it suits him, or he's been so easily conned!
This is the first Trump stick on terror
For the ship began to sink
Everyone wants to save himself
That is why Saudi Arabia has said that Qatar is financing terrorism
While the truth is that Saudi Arabia is the financier of terrorism in the world
It supports the building of Islamic call centers all over the world
These dirty people starve and spend money for the purpose of spreading their religion

Hunger kills Muslims
But the kings of Saudi Arabia and Qatar spend money to spread the Islamic call
The purpose is for the world to lag behind like a camel culture
And Paul the camel
I think that Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world that sells its pharmacies as a medicine

Old 06-07-2017, 02:57 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Specifically, what terrorism is Iran funding? Because I keep hearing that they are a state sponsor of terror, but here's the thing. Iran is Shiite. Al Quaeda, ISIS and Saudi Arabia ( who is financing) the radicals) are Sunni. Sunni's hate Shiites almost as much as they hate us.

Which specific acts of terror have Shiite Muslims committed against the west recently?

Last edited by NLVgal; 06-07-2017 at 03:32 AM.. Reason: Autocorrect. Aka covfefe.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:58 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Wait... wasn't protecting Qtar one of the reasons for the first Gulf War? Is this like Saddam Hussein, first we loved him and gave him arms, then we decided we hated him? Tha Taliban - same thing... American foreign policy - SAD!!
That was Kuwait.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:40 PM

203 posts, read 246,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Putin's game plan is to separate the US from both our European and our mideastern allies. Trump is playing right into his hands.
Reading this inspired me to investigate what Russia had to gain from the conflict. Turning to RT which is sympathetic to Russian Issues was printed the following :

Qatar may be Russia’s trump card to boost gas supplies to Europe

Published time: 7 Jun, 2017 09:50
https://www.rt.com/business/391204-q...ussia-gazprom/

Quote:
The world's biggest liquefied natural gas (LNG) exporter Qatar is facing supply problems with the Saudi-led alliance isolating the country’s trade. This may help Russia on the European gas market.

Qatar’s tanker fleet is barred from using regional ports and anchorages, posing a threat to the country’s LNG supplies.

Traders are worried Saudi Arabia and allies would refuse to accept LNG shipments from Qatar, and that Egypt might even bar tankers carrying Qatari cargo from using the Suez Canal, despite Cairo's obligation under an international agreement to allow the use of the waterway.

If LNG supplies are disrupted, Europe will have to buy more gas from Russia.
Articles from Russian based News Outlets supported Russia taking a neutral stance publicly. Only RT, I found, spoke concerning the disruption serving Russia's gas interest.

Thank You, for Your comment spurred me toward further inquiry. I care little about partisan views however if such views contain a gem to inspire further inquiry then I respectfully will credit such as am doing here. I do not have to agree with rhetoric to find value contained within.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:50 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Something Needs To Change View Post
Reading this inspired me to investigate what Russia had to gain from the conflict. Turning to RT which is sympathetic to Russian Issues was printed the following :

Qatar may be Russia’s trump card to boost gas supplies to Europe

Published time: 7 Jun, 2017 09:50
https://www.rt.com/business/391204-q...ussia-gazprom/

Articles from Russian based News Outlets supported Russia taking a neutral stance publicly. Only RT, I found, spoke concerning the disruption serving Russia's gas interest.

Thank You, for Your comment spurred me toward further inquiry. I care little about partisan views however if such views contain a gem to inspire further inquiry then I respectfully will credit such as am doing here. I do not have to agree with rhetoric to find value contained within.
Russia has a very smart shrewd leader with very lofty goals.

The US has a very gullible, naive and ignorant one, who is manipulated by a little flattery.

Doesn't bode well for the US. At all.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:09 PM

203 posts, read 246,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Russia has a very smart shrewd leader with very lofty goals.

The US has a very gullible, naive and ignorant one, who is manipulated by a little flattery.

Doesn't bode well for the US. At all.
Could You further elaborate Your point Sir for benefit of a younger audience discussing this very point. Excuse me if the issue / view is obvious to most.

I will include these articles which would seem to support what you say. However, I am not taking for granted what you mean and rather ask pointedly such.

Will Russia come to Qatar's defense?

https://www.rbth.com/international/2...defense_777740

Quote:
On June 5, Qatar, a small Arab state (area: 11,586 sq.km, population: 2.4m) on the Gulf Coast, attracted the attention of the whole world. Six countries - Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Egypt, Yemen, and the Maldives, as well as the provisional government of Libya - cut all relations with Doha.

Qatar was directly accused of supporting terrorism (ISIS, Al-Qaeda, and the Muslim Brotherhood) and destabilizing the Middle East region. Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Bahrain have given all Qatari nationals two weeks to leave the territory of their countries. The Foreign Ministry of Qatar has said it "regrets" the actions of the states which broke off relations.
Quote:
Grigory Kosach ... According to him, the main thing for Moscow in the conflict is to ensure that the disagreements should not lead to major fluctuations on the hydrocarbon market and the rest doesn't concern it. "Russia will receive no dividends if it supports either side in the conflict," Kosach told RBTH. "The most sensible thing, in my opinion, would be to take a position of absolute neutrality and adopt an official rhetoric along the lines of 'stop fighting, guys'."
US suspects Russian hackers planted fake news in Qatar: report

06/06/17 06:33 PM EDT

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecur...n-qatar-report

Quote:
U.S. officials believe that Russian hackers planted a fake news story in Qatar's state news agency, contributing to tensions among key U.S. allies in the Gulf, CNN reported Tuesday, citing U.S. officials.
The FBI sent investigators to Doha recently to aid the Qatari government in probing the reported incident, officials told CNN.
Quote:
President Trump on Tuesday shocked much of Washington when he took credit for the decision of Saudi Arabia and three other Arab nations to break off diplomatic relations with Qatar.
"So good to see the Saudi Arabia visit with the King and 50 countries already paying off. They said they would take a hard line on funding …. extremism, and all reference was pointing to Qatar. Perhaps this will be the beginning of the end to the horror of terrorism!” Trump tweeted.

The Pentagon on Tuesday said it couldn't square Trump's tweets about Qatar on terrorism with its own statement emphasizing the country's commitment to regional security.

Thank You for any further comments regarding this issue.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:11 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Don't we have a base and troops there?
Largest US base in the Middle East. 10,000 troops I think.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:23 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I really haven't heard about Qatar, you may be right, but the Saudis are about the most repressive extremist radical Muslim country there is besides Pakistan, and they were responsible for 9/11!
Plus they are the dirt bags financing all these Mosques/terrorist recruiting centers in every free non-Islamist nation in the world, that's where their oil money goes, besides the partying of the Royals! Do you really want a President who cozies up to scum like them?

Plus, wasn't Mr. Back-stabber- 20-faces(not just 2-faced) all cozy with Qatar what a year ago? He'll brown-nose anyone, when it suits him, or he's been so easily conned!
In addition to the above, Trump is an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies