Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2017, 11:32 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
I mean, what a big freakin deal that is to be president of the free world, and the most powerful nation on Earth. I would certainly expect to be bowed down to...what say you?

As much as we hold our Presidents in esteem, they are our EMPLOYEES....we hired them. So no butt kissing here.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:35 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
I mean, what a big freakin deal that is to be president of the free world, and the most powerful nation on Earth. I would certainly expect to be bowed down to...what say you?
No because I don't have an inflated sense of ego.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:37 AM

672 posts, read 256,363 times
An executive that needs his ass kissed is a **** poor manager and leader of people. I wouldn't let people tell me "yes boss" when I gave them an order or instructions. I know I'm the boss, I don't need constant reinforcement of the fact.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:38 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Sure, I would. I'd want it far more than I would want to do the difficult things that a president should be doing. I would want if far more than I would want the facts to come out, whether I was guilty or not. I would want it so much that I would tweet endlessly so the skin on my thumbs became raw. WoW! That felt good!

Old 06-13-2017, 11:45 AM

727 posts, read 390,579 times
Quote:
If you were President, wouldn't you want your butt kissed too?
An emphatic, NO!

Butt kissers only stroke your ego. They rarely add anything of benefit because they are afraid the boss will fire them. They are spineless individuals who are hoping to brown-nose their way up the ladder because they know they can't earn their way.

I've been the boss of many people over my career. I always surrounded myself with smart, independent thinkers. When I identified a butt kisser, they were soon shown the door.

A well organized team that communicates openly and without fear of reprisal will always defeat the individual know-it-all.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:46 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
I have never seen an organization where ass kissing wasn't rampant by those who wanted to gain favor for various reasons. It could be assignment or promotion being the main reasons.

Judging from the responses so far the better question might be : Why are people so willing to kiss ass, butt avoid it when they have the top position ? Do they feel better when they are kissing and not so much when getting kissed ? ( follow up question )

Old 06-13-2017, 11:49 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,952 times
Quote:

Looks like you will be a perfect addition to the Trump team

Old 06-13-2017, 11:51 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Nope, I want people that share my ideals and agenda but would never want arse kissers on my cabinet, I would want honest input and suggestions even if they disagree with mine, and that is something forbidden in this administration.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:52 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Obama routinely insisted on it.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:54 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
A person truly suited, prepared and experienced to be President would not require such adulation as they would be secure and confident in their position. Only a very insecure person ill suited and equipped for the office would NEED it.
Exactly, well said.

Trump is incredibly insecure, and also has a huge ego. Those two personality traits combined cause Trump to constantly want to be praised and told he's doing a good job.

What president holds rallies after he's already won?! Trump, that's who. A guy who wants to be surrounded by tens of thousands of his most hardcore fans so they can scream and chant his name. Ego.

As a celebrity for 40+ years, what has Trump always been big on? Ratings. Why? Because he wants millions of people to watch him. Why? Ego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies