Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 08:08 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It is the ONLY sense to be made. A state can't make something legal that is illegal at the fed level. The entire thing set up by the Obama admin was a ruse and you have fallen for it. If Obama was so sincere about this it wouldn't still be illegal at the fed level. End of story.
Yea guys, don't you see!? Obama is the one that FORCED Sessions to want to go after medical MJ! Its all his fault.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:12 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
It's illegal at the Fed level and not recognized by the FDA. You know, those agencies that you so love. Have you ever asked yourself why the Obama admin never took it off the fed lists? Now you know why, so it can be used as a hammer against states who aren't doing what the feds want them too.
I guess that means he will also be going after States that have Legalized it, should be interesting to see how he would enforce their laws, especially when the ATF has to face off with State and Local LEO's that are sworn to uphold the laws of their State.
Thing is, IF, and that is a BIG IF, Sessions could pull it off people would just go back to getting their pot the old fashioned way, from the neighborhood dealer, most still do. Then what Sessions, death sentences for simple possession, I think he would sign his own death warrant if he went too far, but it doubtful Sessions will even be AG all that long.

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
All the noise over marijuana has never made much sense to me.

Since 1986, Marinol has been available via prescription as a schedule II drug.

MARINOL (dronabinol) | Official Site from AbbVie Inc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol

To get it, a doctor just has to write a script. Its a pill, no smoking, no fear of pesticides or chemicals, or damage to the lungs.

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
States like California have previously said they will sue if the Federal government tries to intervene. Thankfully the experiment in legalization in Colorado has been a huge financial success and threatening such a revenue stream is going to get serious pushback in a bipartisan manner. Republicans only step up when revenue is in play.

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
It is the ONLY sense to be made. A state can't make something legal that is illegal at the fed level. The entire thing set up by the Obama admin was a ruse and you have fallen for it. If Obama was so sincere about this it wouldn't still be illegal at the fed level. End of story.
I don't care who you blame, I simply said it does not make a whole lot of sense. Trump admin made this request, not Obama, and Trump could do what you say Obama should have done. Obama never said he wanted to legalize it at Fed level, and he didn't, so I am not sure what he was not sincere about. He let the States make the calls, and Trump is denying them. It is what it is.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:14 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I guess that means he will also be going after States that have Legalized it, should be interesting to see how he would enforce their laws, especially when the ATF has to face off with State and Local LEO's that are sworn to uphold the laws of their State.
Thing is, IF, and that is a BIG IF, Sessions could pull it off people would just go back to getting their pot the old fashioned way, from the neighborhood dealer, most still do. Then what Sessions, death sentences for simple possession, I think he would sign his own death warrant if he went too far, but it doubtful Sessions will even be AG all that long.
The feds will win every single time. Enforce who's laws? The only laws that he would need to enforce are the federal laws where the states are powerless.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't care who you blame, I simply said it does not make a whole lot of sense. Trump admin made this request, not Obama, and Trump could do what you say Obama should have done. Obama never said he wanted to legalize it at Fed level, and he didn't, so I am not sure what he was not sincere about. He let the States make the calls, and Trump is denying them. It is what it is.
Again genius, it is ILLEGAL for a state to make something legal that is NOT legal at the fed level. Do you think it's legal for a state to make owning a fully automatic machine gun legal to carry with you? Do you think if they did the feds would have the power to stop it?

Old 06-13-2017, 08:16 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Trump has been in office for four months now. If he wants to decriminalize it at the federal level he could do so at any time. Instead, his AG is trying to go in the opposite direction, which is what this thread is about.

What does that have to do with Obama?

Oh, yeah...not a damn thing.

Care to comment on the topic of the thread?

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
States like California have previously said they will sue if the Federal government tries to intervene. Thankfully the experiment in legalization in Colorado has been a huge financial success and threatening such a revenue stream is going to get serious pushback in a bipartisan manner. Republicans only step up when revenue is in play.
Sue? Pot is illegal at Federal level, so Trump is not breaking any laws by shutting down the shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
They can't sue genius. The feds have the last say, but leave it to loony CA to think that the state laws over ride fed laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies