Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2017, 06:00 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times

Advertisements

While America Snoozes and chants "RUSSIA!-RUSSIA", "IMPEACH"

1). Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson managed to get a US Prisoner released.

North Korea Releases Otto Warmbier |US News and World Report - June 13, 2017

North Korea has released jailed University of Virginia student Otto Warmbier, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on Tuesday.

His parents told the Washington Post that he was medically evacuated from the country and that their son is comatose. He has reportedly been in a coma for more than a year.
Warmbier, 22, is due to arrive home in Cincinnati Tuesday evening.

"At the direction of the president, the Department of State has secured the release of Otto Warmbier from North Korea," Tillerson said in a statement. "Mr. Warmbier is en route to the U.S. where he will be reunited with his family."

Warmbier had been serving a prison sentence of 15 years of hard labor for removing a political banner from a North Korean hotel. When he was sentenced in early 2016, the State Department called his sentence "unduly harsh" and called for a pardon.

This is great news, but this guy is surely in bad shape if has been in a coma for a year. My best guess - Kim the Nutty wanted another visit from his buddy Dennis Rodman, Rodman is always ready for press and doesn't mind going -- the Prez and Tillerson gave them a deal. Rodman can come visit, but we want Warmbier on a plane FIRST. Nutty Kim went for the deal.

2).. Senate & House passed the Department of Veterans Affairs Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act of 2017 and it's ready for the President's signature.

OK - this is certainly better than nothing, but it's a Baby Step. Cowardly CongressCritters of all stripes are just too afraid to go after the Rampant Corruption in the Federal Career workforce.

House passes long-awaited VA accountability bill |Federal News Radio - June 13, 2017

I'm aware that the only thing of interest is "IMPEACH" "RUSSIA" "IMPEACH" "RUSSIA" .....
but a bunch of folks around here keep saying "NOTHING" is happening.
One or possibly 2 might be interested.

I'm so tired of this 11 month SoreLoser-RUSSIA-RUSSIA-SoreLoser-RUSSIA-Impeach!-Impeach-SoreLoser
Total Hysterical Meltdown Tantrum. ...... it WON'T Work. We Wont Quit, the President won't Quit.
The Corruption in Government must be cleaned out and LAW & Order must be put back in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 07:11 PM

15,532 posts, read 10,507,413 times
What in the hell did the North Koreans do to that kid? I heard food poisoning, but not sure what to believe.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:14 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Thanks for posting this thread.

Sadly this American young is reported to be in coma for over a year. Foolish to ever enter North Korea but for this to happen is unbelievably sad and one of the worst things for parents to deal with.

How on earth is this possible!!!

Old 06-13-2017, 07:23 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Rules of the "resistance"~ignore good news, yell louder.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:29 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
While America Snoozes and chants "RUSSIA!-RUSSIA", "IMPEACH"

1). Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson managed to get a US Prisoner released.

North Korea Releases Otto Warmbier |US News and World Report - June 13, 2017

North Korea has released jailed University of Virginia student Otto Warmbier, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on Tuesday.

His parents told the Washington Post that he was medically evacuated from the country and that their son is comatose. He has reportedly been in a coma for more than a year.
Warmbier, 22, is due to arrive home in Cincinnati Tuesday evening.

"At the direction of the president, the Department of State has secured the release of Otto Warmbier from North Korea," Tillerson said in a statement. "Mr. Warmbier is en route to the U.S. where he will be reunited with his family."

Warmbier had been serving a prison sentence of 15 years of hard labor for removing a political banner from a North Korean hotel. When he was sentenced in early 2016, the State Department called his sentence "unduly harsh" and called for a pardon.

This is great news, but this guy is surely in bad shape if has been in a coma for a year. My best guess - Kim the Nutty wanted another visit from his buddy Dennis Rodman, Rodman is always ready for press and doesn't mind going -- the Prez and Tillerson gave them a deal. Rodman can come visit, but we want Warmbier on a plane FIRST. Nutty Kim went for the deal.

2).. Senate & House passed the Department of Veterans Affairs Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act of 2017 and it's ready for the President's signature.

OK - this is certainly better than nothing, but it's a Baby Step. Cowardly CongressCritters of all stripes are just too afraid to go after the Rampant Corruption in the Federal Career workforce.

House passes long-awaited VA accountability bill |Federal News Radio - June 13, 2017

I'm aware that the only thing of interest is "IMPEACH" "RUSSIA" "IMPEACH" "RUSSIA" .....
but a bunch of folks around here keep saying "NOTHING" is happening.
One or possibly 2 might be interested.

I'm so tired of this 11 month SoreLoser-RUSSIA-RUSSIA-SoreLoser-RUSSIA-Impeach!-Impeach-SoreLoser
Total Hysterical Meltdown Tantrum. ...... it WON'T Work. We Wont Quit, the President won't Quit.
The Corruption in Government must be cleaned out and LAW & Order must be put back in place.
ABC covered both stories. I don't know what you guys are watching that you always have to tell me the news I saw isn't being covered by the media. No breaking news here.......In fact kind of late to the story......

Old 06-13-2017, 07:48 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
What in the hell did the North Koreans do to that kid? I heard food poisoning, but not sure what to believe.

He took an overdose of sleeping pills.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies