Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 12:10 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times

Advertisements

This is a incredibly foolish line of thought for anyone to take. The reality is, if we do not do something to prevent it, the Russians will have the ability to influence who wins. And they will base their choices off of criteria not to our liking. That could be a Democrat, OR a Republican.

At a guess, if we do not do anything, the Democrats will win the ext round with Russian help. Why? because of the damage and conflict it would cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 12:12 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
that the GOP needed Russians to help them win?
No, the GOP needed voter suppression to help them win, as it did in both Bush elections.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:22 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Yes! The Bernie Sanders thing was exposed, like Wasserman Schultz smearing him as an atheist and other things, as well as Donna Brazille (sp) from CNN feeding Hillary the questions for the debate...to me..that's cheating, especially the debate questions thing.

18 revelations from Wikileaks' hacked Clinton emails - BBC News

When that got exposed, it turned voters off.

If they just played fair, Hillary might be President today. But Bernie was super popular and Hillary felt she needed the Presidency handed to her.

Their own corruption screwed them, not Russia.
I think the CNN thing can be viewed this way: If they'd given Bernie the questions, would he have used them to his benefit or turned them in?

He would have used them. Politicians are used to getting slipped intel.

So, I'm not too bothered by that. Debbie WS was a concern because she was supposed to at least give the impression of fair and impartial proceedings.

It didn't turn me off enough to vote for Trump. I still felt like he needed not to be elected POTUS.

It did make me question the way that party runs itself, but I was questioning the same thing about the Repubs, because they had perfectly qualified people running and wound up with Trump.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:24 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
No that's not what they are saying...nobody is saying that.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
What in the world are you talking about?

The Trump Admin has been busy trying to wipe out net neutrality, for crying out loud.

Do you know what that means?

Hint: The Obama Admin protected it.

So, do with that what you like.

Then you and I seem to agree about something, except the part of Obama trying to protect it. He just started it, for us. Why did government(because they always know what is best for you)even get involved? Let the free market decide. Now, government is involved, we ain't getting them out. It only goes downhill for yours and my liberty, to choose for ourselves.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:28 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Quote:
I think the CNN thing can be viewed this way: If they'd given Bernie the questions, would he have used them to his benefit or turned them in?

So, I'm not too bothered by that. Debbie WS was a concern because she was supposed to at least give the impression of fair and impartial proceedings.

It didn't turn me off enough to vote for Trump. I still felt like he needed not to be elected POTUS.

It did make me question the way that party runs itself, but I was questioning the same thing about the Repubs, because they had perfectly qualified people running and wound up with Trump.
Idk. To me, a debate is getting questions asked and you coming up with them on your own, from your own mind, on the spot. That's just my opinion. I equate it to cheating on an exam. It bothers me.

I couldn't vote for Trump either, but seems like the GOP is just a mess itself too, and Trump played the media by getting free advertising.

But yeah, a lot of people were also behind Bernie...I mean, A LOT. And they were pissed when he suddenly lost then flipped switch and supported Hillary.

Then when the emails got leaked, Bernie fans were like ...

Old 06-15-2017, 12:39 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:

I think he might have turned them in. I say this because when one of his staffers discovered the weakness in the server that would allow the Bernie campaign access to the Clinton
Voter information ( and presumably vice versa) he notified the DNC immediately and fired any staffers who snooped. He's a pretty ethical guy even when it's not to his advantage. There were several times he could have leveled low blows at Clinton but didn't. And let's not forget that the DNC ACTIVELY tried to discredit Bernie by raising issues about his religion and such.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...leaked-emails/

Old 06-15-2017, 12:42 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
People running for POTUS have debate prep for weeks. Every conceivable question in the world is thrown at the candidate.

It was wrong for Donna Brazile to give the questions to Billary. But, it was nothing that they had not already rehearsed.

Bernie said going in that he would support Billary if she won the primary. He did not suddenly flip. That is just more stupid talk from his clueless supporters who wanted free tuition.

I say that as a Bernie supporter and contributor of several hundred dollars.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:52 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,069 times
Quote:
Who needs Russians when the Democrats can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, as they did in the recent elections.

Nominating a really horrible candidate and playing dirty with their primary opponent and Hillary acting as if she was anointed to be the queen - with all these the Russians did not need to do anything to help Trump win.

Next time let them nominate a sensible candidate who is a bit more humble and there is no reason they cannot win.

And also please stop calling the other side names like sheepie, Trumpees, having no ability to reason etc. You are just turning off potential voters from your side and the time think you are an know all educated voter. If you had known everything before you would have nominated a better candidate, instead of blaming everything for her loss but the candidate herself.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:04 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
No.

Do you want the Russians tinkering with our elections? I don't think so.

They are Russians! Whatever they do will be for their benefit, not ours. And not for any part of our benefit.

If they are allowed to screw around with the very essence of what we most cherish as a nation, they will do their best to really mess us up. If they can succeed into goading us into a fight among ourselves, they won't have to worry about us stopping them as they go about re-buliding their old empire.

The Russians abandoned Communism because it quit working as a system for them, but they hated to give up everything their empire brought to the mother country. Being a major world power is something most citizens of any nation is a very hard thing to give up willingly.

Especially when giving it up only resulted in even more corruption and decay that existed before. The Russians have always been fearful of the West, and for good reason; for centuries, Russia was ripe for plunder and pillage, and they were invaded many times.

Their victory in WWII gave them the buffer they always wanted the very most and never had accomplished before, and now, there are lots of Russians that feel very vulnerable, are very angry because they feel vulnerable, and really want all those mountains and territory that kept them safe from the West back.

The United States will block that. If they can keep us fighting among ourselves, we won't be as able to block them. The harder we fight each other, the easier it is for them.

2016 was just the opening salvo in a brand new kind of warfare; cyberwar has never existed before, so in terms of war, 2016 was the equivalent of the middle ages in fighting in an electronic world.

But the causes of cyberwar are as ancient as humanity; causing fear to disrupt the enemy and turn the fight to the enemy to fighting among themselves is as old as time.

Once it works, all it takes from then on is patience and persistence, and the enemy defeat themselves. It has always been the cheapest and most effective way to wage war. Cyber war is only a brand new front that humanity has no experience with, but we are now gaining that experience.

Learning how to resist them won't stop the Russians. They'll try to continue whatever they can come up with to get what they want. But we have fought them off successfully before, and will do it again, if we don't fall prey to their schemes. We are just as good at skullduggery as they are when we get our act together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies