Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 10:58 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,294,472 times

Advertisements

Ahhh a liberal spending a lifetime kissing black ass gets fired for not shutting up when called a racist by an entitled privileged strong black woman. Lolz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 10:59 AM

23,581 posts, read 17,253,889 times
She claims the professor was not interested in 'having a conversation or hearing my concerns.'

Hear that from conervative students all the time. No room for dissent.

Old 06-20-2017, 10:59 AM

18,480 posts, read 15,269,062 times
Any professor should be smart enough to keep from interacting with her/his students on social media.

She was fired for being an idiot, not a racist.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:02 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,388,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Any professor should be smart enough to keep from interacting with her/his students on social media.

She was fired for being an idiot, not a racist.
Agreed.

And now her and the student can't have a dialogue about their differing opinions.

You know, what a college is there for.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:02 AM

716 posts, read 393,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
She wasn't fired over a test question, she was fired for going after a student on social media.

And guess what? Anyone that dense deserves to lose her job.
Yeah, but, but claiming she was fired over a 'racist' question just sounds sooo much more egregious.

That's what white conservatives do here, misrepresent all the horrors they're subjected to, like having to pay taxes and having to deal with all the reverse discrimination they're subjected to every single day of their oppressed lives...

Old 06-20-2017, 11:03 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,824,028 times
So let me see if I've got this right.

A young African American student, a person who is attending college to LEARN something, thinks she is more informed on a subject (possibly due to the color of her skin) than a professor, a person with a MA, a MS or a PHd in the subject she has taught for 17 years, so she accuses that professor of being a racist who couldn't possibly know anything (likely due to the color of HER skin), then when the professor and nearly 20 years worth of her students of color attempt to defend the professor, claiming she isn't a racist, the student now needs to be removed from the class because she needs a "SAFE space", then demands the professor be fired?

I guess colleges and universities are only needed to hand a student a piece of paper (degree) to prove the student already knows everything... and the whole lecturing, teaching and giving tests to verify knowledge business can be eliminated now.

I learn something new every day, even if what I learned makes no sense.

TRUTH is only a matter of perspective for many folks (possibly myself included). Reality and fact means nothing to them.

Last edited by KS_Referee; 06-20-2017 at 11:11 AM..

Old 06-20-2017, 11:05 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,388,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
Yeah, but, but claiming she was fired over a 'racist' question just sounds sooo much more egregious.

That's what white conservatives do here, misrepresent all the horrors they're subjected to, like having to pay taxes and having to deal with all the reverse discrimination they're subjected to every single day of their oppressed lives...
I think the professor was wrong but I'll be damned if I ever stop complaining about taxes!

Old 06-20-2017, 11:07 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,635,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
After being publicly called a racist. The radicalized BLM movement is getting out of control and destroying our country and college campuses. They have the power to go on social media and call anyone a racist. Once that gauntlet has been thrown the truth doesn't matter. The professor was already labeled a racist and that is all people will care to see in headlines. It is like what happened to Colin Moriarty. He tweeted "Ah. Peace and quiet.#ADayWithoutAWoman" and a so called journalist picked that up and turned it into click bait headline that he was a racist sexist even though his tweet was A. a joke and B. didn't even mention race in any way. And the the "journalist" retracted the statement after Moriarty was forced to resign from his job. The country has gone crazy. Anyone can post anything on social media without facts and it will be taken as the gospel by a million people and by the time it is retracted nobody cares because everyone wants that sensational headline. This is how our civilization will end
Who is supposed to be the adult and professional in this situation?

The student is an idiot. The professor is also an idiot and is being paid to be more than that. So guess who lost in this situation?

Old 06-20-2017, 11:12 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,452,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Tennessee professor fired after 'racist' Facebook rant | Daily Mail Online

And I thought the Evergreen controversy was bad. Our country is officially going insane.

Reading the article, I don't think this one can be simplified quite that easily. The Multiple-Choice question that sparked this controversy is indeed problematic. I don't think the answer was quite so clear cut. The professor seemed to want the students to answer D, but there is not scholarly consensus behind that answer. The student was right to disagree with the professor over that. The professor also seems to have behaved inappropriately toward the student in how she addressed the controversy after it erupted.

This one isn't clear cut like the Evergreen one was.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:16 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,452,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
The student's original question was actually valid. She had a point. The student WAS completely wrong in accusing the professor of racism however. Again though, the professor wasn't fired over being racist, because it's clear she wasn't. She was fired over being an idiot and attacking a student in a public forum.

Agreed. That was just a bad multiple choice question. Would be a better essay question. None of those choices is clear cut as the correct answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies