Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 10:06 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
i love how when direct evidence of russia meddling in our elections is presented, trumpers blow it off. "who cares?!?"

but when a quirky actor like depp talks about when the last time an actor killed a president, trumpers freak out as if it's front page news, like trump's life is truly in danger.....from edward scissorhands.
They have been meddling for years only now you think you can make hay out of it for political reasons. Pathetic and laughable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 10:10 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
I'm not sure why all of a sudden "unnamed sources" is an issue, when it's been a industry standard for years when your source does not want their name to get out, especially when it could put them in personal danger.

That being said, I would like to see this a bit more verified before running with it. As it would prove pretty much this was a sham election.
Still waiting for someone to answer the question of "What exactly was done to 'meddle'?"

Can you explain that? Did Russia campaign for Trump like Obama did to try to interfere in Israel's election?

Old 06-23-2017, 10:10 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what the left wants exactly out of this....

Let's say Russia wanted Donald Trump elected and attempted to tilt the election in his favor...ok, great, fine....

What exactly do they suggest we do about it? Start a nuclear war over it??

Whatdo they want the end result to be from all of this?

Do they think Hillary is going to be dug up and carried into the White House?
First off, this is not just the 'left' and it is a larger issue than this election.

You are ok with the fact that a murdering ex-KGB autocrat attempted to influence the US election? All this garbage about illegals voting, but a foreign power is attempting to break into our government, and that is ok? The only people who would be ok with this are the Russians (although, not the ones with integrity).

If you came home and discovered someone broke into your house, rummaged around but did not take anything, would you just shrug it off or report it to the cops and try to protect your home?

It appears you did not read the article.

"...Over that five-month interval, the Obama administration secretly debated dozens of options for deterring or punishing Russia, including cyberattacks on Russian infrastructure, the release of CIA-gathered material that might embarrass Putin and sanctions that officials said could “crater” the Russian economy...

...Obama approved a modest package combining measures that had been drawn up to punish Russia for other issues — expulsions of 35 diplomats and the closure of two Russian compounds — with economic sanctions so narrowly targeted that even those who helped design them describe their impact as largely symbolic...

...Obama also approved a previously undisclosed covert measure that authorized planting cyber weapons in Russia’s infrastructure, the digital equivalent of bombs that could be detonated if the United States found itself in an escalating exchange with Moscow...

...In political terms, Russia’s interference was the crime of the century, an unprecedented and largely successful destabilizing attack on American democracy..."

Old 06-23-2017, 10:13 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,403,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You don't know the truth unless you have the right security clearance. All you have is someone's word for it.

Few outlets are practicing ethical journalism. Activism is not journalism and they have lower approval ratings than a worm.

Even if Putin did help Trump. He is just one of many others who helped Trump and still no proof of collusion but if there was its not a crime. Laughable is what you have
Sources, especially at the NYTs, WaPo and other news organization are based on first hand knowledge and information they give are usually confirmed. Funny thing is the Trump Administration rarely denies the reporting but attacks the news organizations for these sources. The Trump administration is a virtual sieve there is so much leaking going on.

NYTs, WaPo. CNN, CBS, ABC, etc. are all ethical and outstanding news organizations. It is the case of shooting the messenger. When a crisis happens you can get your news from World News Daily or Breitbart and I will get mine from CNN.

There is not proof of Russian collusion yet, but the investigation rolls on. There is however no question of Russian meddling in our election process. Why isn't Trump doing more to protect our democracy and why is he in denial that Russian meddling occurred?

Old 06-23-2017, 10:13 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Still waiting for someone to answer the question of "What exactly was done to 'meddle'?"

Can you explain that? Did Russia campaign for Trump like Obama did to try to interfere in Israel's election?
They still have yet to define what "meddle" is, even after a year...

"Meddle" in their minds is Putin clicking the "liked" button on Donald Trump's facebook.

Remember when Trump said "I don't know Putin, but it'd be nice if we got along...I don't see the problem with that." is where ALL of this is stemming from. It's a campaign tactic by the Clinton campaign that still lingers with hopes to carry into the mid terms and if they're lucky into the 2020.

But every current/and ex investigative branch of every intelligence and law enforcement agency has confirmed under oath, that there is no evidence of Trump's campaign "colluding" with Russia to turn the election in his favor.

everyone has been interviewed...
Every vote has been recounted...
every machine has been checked...

He won the election. Fair and square.

Now on to the next lie...

Old 06-23-2017, 10:15 AM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,783,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I love how when direct evidence of Russia meddling in our elections is presented, Trumpers blow it off. "who cares?!?"

But when a quirky actor like Depp talks about when the last time an actor killed a president, Trumpers freak out as if it's front page news, like Trump's life is truly in danger.....from Edward Scissorhands.
I'm with you, as a Trump supporter, that we'll need to investigate how Russians tried to influence our elections, and how to prevent this in the future.

The difference is that liberals like you don't care about a solution, but just want to keep on bringing the "Trump is/was colluding with the Russians" rhetoric. It's safe to say that by now we would have known if there was something with all the leaks coming out.

Did the Russians tried to meddle? Yes. Did they succeed? I don't think so. Did Trump help the Russian? No. Did HRC lost because of the Russians? No. Do we need to sanction the Russians? Yes.

As far as your other point is concerned, the rhetoric from the left has already cause an unstable Bernie Sanders supporters to lose it. It seems to me you encourage and would applaud an assassination attempt on a sitting US President.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:18 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Vladimir Putin gave direct instructions to help elect Trump, report says - CBS News

Absolutely mind blowing to me that not only did Putin personally direct this operation, but that Republicans are perfectly ok with it.

This was without a doubt a Russian coup of the U.S.
So what?
What if he gave direct instructions to dig up dirt on Trump and help Hillary get elected? You know, because of that uranium deal that they put together?

What would you say then?

Get it through your head, Hillary lost because she was Hillary Clinton.

Period!

Old 06-23-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
They still have yet to define what "meddle" is, even after a year...

"Meddle" in their minds is Putin clicking the "liked" button on Donald Trump's facebook.

Remember when Trump said "I don't know Putin, but it'd be nice if we got along...I don't see the problem with that." is where ALL of this is stemming from. It's a campaign tactic by the Clinton campaign that still lingers with hopes to carry into the mid terms and if they're lucky into the 2020.

But every current/and ex investigative branch of every intelligence and law enforcement agency has confirmed under oath, that there is no evidence of Trump's campaign "colluding" with Russia to turn the election in his favor.

everyone has been interviewed...
Every vote has been recounted...
every machine has been checked...

He won the election. Fair and square.

Now on to the next lie...
I know. And to be honest, I'm waiting for the Dems to jump all over Comey because Putin joked that he could have asylum in Russia. I really think the Dems are that dumb.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:21 AM

8,494 posts, read 6,900,248 times
Our right to vote in free elections has been stolen from us. Many Americans throughout our history have fought, died or been grievously wounded in war to protect this right to go to the polling place and expect that our ballot won't be cancelled out by a hostile foreign power trying to put their puppet in the White House.

Right up to this very minute, despite multiple intelligence agencies confirming we were hacked by the Russians, the sitting President of the United States and his associates will not confirm that this deep penetration into our voting process ever happened. And what is more troubling is that many Americans seem totally unconcerned.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Our right to vote in free elections has been stolen from us. Many Americans throughout our history have fought, died or been grievously wounded in war to protect this right to go to the polling place and expect that our ballot won't be cancelled out by a hostile foreign power trying to put their puppet in the White House.
You mean like what obama did when he campaigned in Israel? Or when he supported a candidate in France? Or he tried to interfere with Brexit?
Quote:

Right up to this very minute, despite multiple intelligence agencies confirming we were hacked by the Russians, the sitting President of the United States and his associates will not confirm that this deep penetration into our voting process ever happened. And what is more troubling is that many Americans seem totally unconcerned.

What did they do, EXACTLY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies