Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 09:31 AM

28,911 posts, read 30,284,252 times

Advertisements

Transgender student beaten in 'vicious attack' at N.J. school | NJ.com

First I'd like to make this perfectly clear, I don't want to discuss, Transgender beliefs, period.

I want to discuss, what you think, brings kids, to this point, of violence....to actually want to hurt another child b/c she is different....and...

1. what do you think needs to be done with these particular kids who did this?

2. What can we do as a society to help prevent this?

1. I think this was an awful crime, and these criminals should be tried as an adult....

2. we have to start working or being responsible parents....and it doesn't matter what nationality, belief or color you are....this has to be a community effort....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 09:34 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,075,078 times
It's all how the kids are raised by their parents.

And there's not a damn thing we can do about it until violence happens.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:41 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post

I have to believe many raised on violent video games believe reality has a reset button so why worry?

Old 10-04-2017, 09:42 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
How did WE come to this? WE didn't! Many of us want nothing to do with that type of violence. For me, it is because I was bullied as a child, and lived with an abusive step father who frequently put my mother in the hospital, blaming it on "She fell." Violence is simply stupid, perpetrated by stupid people.
As for Society as a whole, look at the moral deterioration of Society over the last 60 years or so. The same root cause is to blame for those actions as are to blame for the proliferation of "active shooters", IMO.
To put it simply, no respect for human life, no respect for people who are "different". One might say, no respect, period! Not even SELF respect.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post

Old 10-04-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I have to believe many raised on violent video games believe reality has a reset button so why worry?
have to agree, this is a small part of it, but there are many reasons, not one....

as I'm sure your well aware of....

Old 10-04-2017, 09:48 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Sigh, violence is down, murder is down, perception of these things is up due to increased visibility brought on by technology, "moral decay" of the past decades is a myth - human nature has remained the same basically since civilization began, and people have been buying into that myth for almost as long (quotes going back over 2000 years saying basically exactly the same sh*t as people are saying now: "kids these days, no respect" type rants). Our society is not actually that bad, on average our lives are not that bad, everything is not that bad. We have a lot more people so we see more crazies, because there will always be a relatively constant amount of crazies taken in proportion to the size of the population.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
How did WE come to this? WE didn't! Many of us want nothing to do with that type of violence. For me, it is because I was bullied as a child, and lived with an abusive step father who frequently put my mother in the hospital, blaming it on "She fell." Violence is simply stupid, perpetrated by stupid people.
As for Society as a whole, look at the moral deterioration of Society over the last 60 years or so. The same root cause is to blame for those actions as are to blame for the proliferation of "active shooters", IMO.
To put it simply, no respect for human life, no respect for people who are "different". One might say, no respect, period! Not even SELF respect.
couldn't agree with you more....

thank you!

Old 10-04-2017, 09:50 AM

39,079 posts, read 51,252,674 times
It's like Kimmel said. America has opened a window to hell. We are in our final days - failed experiment. Our political institutions long ago gave up on policy and pushed cultural division to drive their voters. The consequences of that are all too obvious now. A country founded on tolerance and acceptance is destroying itself with bigotry and hatred.

I don't know if there is a way out. I thought that as the boomers die off maybe we could become a more accepting society. But when we see things like school kids beating up other ones out of intolerance, it does look pretty hopeless.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Sigh, violence is down, murder is down, perception of these things is up due to increased visibility brought on by technology, "moral decay" of the past decades is a myth - human nature has remained the same basically since civilization began, and people have been buying into that myth for almost as long (quotes going back over 2000 years saying basically exactly the same sh*t as people are saying now: "kids these days, no respect" type rants). Our society is not actually that bad, on average our lives are not that bad, everything is not that bad.
Sorry, but violence and murder is not down....and you can show any statistic you like...every single day without Exaggeration there is at least, at least ONE murder in Philly....

a whole lot of cities change their statistics, b/c they don't want people to stop coming in....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies