Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 06:56 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times

Advertisements

Hillary Clinton colluded with the Democratic Party in order to beat Crazy Bernie Sanders. Is she allowed to so collude? Unfair to Bernie!

The above tweet is from this morning.

For those who voted for him, is this what you were expecting? Is this what you hired him to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 06:59 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/stat...48315718705152

Unhinged, I should say.

Who the hell demands a recount in an election already won?

Old 06-25-2017, 08:42 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/stat...48315718705152

Unhinged, I should say.

Who the hell demands a recount in an election already won?
I know you only mean this rhetorically, but I'll answer it anyway.

Just WHO the hell does such things? Short Answer: it depends on the precise details of the situation, far too many to list in this post. But I will touch on the ones that immediately come to mind.

1. People who get a thrill out of rubbing losses into people they defeat. This isn't necessarily from a low self-esteem. The key to this is to see that Trump has not grown much beyond high school, at most. Teens keep rubbing in victories over "losers" as a way to show off, especially in terms of a) social dominance demonstrations or b) communicating the subtext "this person does not deserve any respect whatsoever". Lots of people already say or at least imply Trump's a man-child. If this is even moderately true, then is what I just wrote so hard to believe?

2. Based on the above, and to take it a notch beyond the mere high school social dominance games level, it's tactics - seemingly similar to what the military and intelligence community call PsyOps, Psychological Operations. He wants to both demoralize "the enemy" and keep up his macho bull in the china shop image, which leads to the next point

3. Keeping up his image. IMO his macho, cocky, bull-in-the-china-shop image is his biggest appeal, especially to his base. How else to you explain how Trump (or someone like him) convinced certain voters to choose him over even pre-campaign "conservative bad boy" of the Sentate Ted Cruz, especially if Cruz stands for most of the same things the base Trump supporters do? It might also explain why white blue collar Old Industrial Belt voters cheered for Trump more loudly than equally fervently anti-establishment, labor-friendly Bernie Sanders. The macho image also includes "rubbing it in" like a winning sports team does to its opponent.

Of course I'm just some guy on a public forum, and far away from both the Old Industrial Belt and the Coasts. But this is my best honest guess about the matter

Old 06-25-2017, 08:46 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
People in congress are listening too.

Will the defendant please stand.
The cannibalization of the democrat party has begun.
They broke the glass jar and unleashed the demons.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:54 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
His tweets are tit for tat.
If the media would stop going on about the Russian thing maybe Trump would stop bringing up Hillary.

There is no evidence for the Russian collusion yet it continues as a daily outrage.
There is evidence that Hillary was crooked and broke the law yet she was given a pass by the FBI and Lynch and that story has pretty much gone away.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:00 AM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times
If Clinton would stop commenting on the Administration, you know like every other losing candidate has done, maybe it wouldn't be an issue.

Quick, the two former Presidents who started, almost as soon as they left office, commenting on their successor's policies and urged resistance.

Pro hint: the initials of their last names are C and O.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:05 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Hillary Clinton colluded with the Democratic Party in order to beat Crazy Bernie Sanders. Is she allowed to so collude? Unfair to Bernie!

The above tweet is from this morning.

For those who voted for him, is this what you were expecting? Is this what you hired him to do?
Yes. He's not Hillary. I hired him to not be Hillary. It was a choice of two evils. I chose the lesser and given the same choice again I'd do the same today. He's NOT Hillary. I voted for NOT Hillary. Of course I would have voted for pretty much any NOT Hillary and given a decent choice instead of Hillary I would have voted for NOT Trump...but I wasn't given that choice. I had to choose between Hillary or Trump. Not a great choice but it's the one I was tasked with. Yes I stand by my choice. I still think he's better than her.

You can quit asking if I'm happy with my choice. There is no happy here. There was bad and worse. I chose bad. I'm not happy with the choice but I'd be less happy with the other choice. This is what the two parties stuck us with. You can only do the best you can with what is available. FTR I would have voted for Sanders in a heart beat but he wasn't one of the two I had to choose between. I think anyone else was better than the two we had to choose between. I have no clue how Hillary and Trump ended up representing their parties. There were much better candidates on both sides.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:20 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
If Clinton would stop commenting on the Administration, you know like every other losing candidate has done, maybe it wouldn't be an issue.

Quick, the two former Presidents who started, almost as soon as they left office, commenting on their successor's policies and urged resistance.

Pro hint: the initials of their last names are C and O.
The difference is that Reagan, Bush Sr., and Bush Jr., for all their faults, at least did not as a continuous feature of their campaign engage in such pushy attitudes and certainly are not blatantly demeaning to others (from "the wall" to shoving aside the President of Montenegro at the NATO summit to habitual cruelty to even otherwise private citizens during his campaign). Not only does Trump continually engage in those mannerisms, he very likely knows he does, knows how disrespectful they are to others, and doesn't care - and in fact seems proud of it. It also signals a person who has a general lack of empathy and compassion, especially toward others not on "his team". If he's so uncaring as to do all that, then how can we trust him to be any more humane when it comes to his actual, substantive policy proposals? If someone loves to use a flamethrower a lot, eventually he is gonna target it at YOU. It just leads to that kind of stuff.

Were Trump instead (in terms of interpersonal relations style) simply like past Republicans, then even the "liberal media" wouldn't come down on him so harshly, and maybe in the by-now-traditional media habit of kissing Trump's ass on at least some occasions. As it is, Trump's terrible attitude more or less invited the media to turn up the glare on his doings.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:20 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Anything to deflect attention from his HORRIFIC healthcare plan.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:22 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times
Hillary Clinton is a disgrace and deserves all the mean tweets she gets. Remember she is the one who orchestrated a dozen fake sexual assault accusations against her opponent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies