Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 08:02 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
So is going to jail for rioting in Berkeley because someone you don't like wants to speak. People go to jail for all sorts of dumb reasons.

I say lets investigate this and find out how often it happens. And tighten things up. If we are going to look at Trump and his people with no evidence of crimes being committed I thing this should be done also.

Just about everything you do now requires proof of ID. In New Mexico you have to show ID to buy alcohol no matter how old you look. No ID no booze.

The whole election process needs to be modernized. Perhaps go biometric with the whole thing although some will be opposed to that on privacy concerns.
Actually the right wing has always opposed any national ID card. Gives the Feds too much information and ability to manipulate. And I would note in all this goings on no one on the right has proposed a free national ID card which would settle the issue.

I would also note that no one appears to want to investigate absentee ballots which have been historically the source of almost all voter fraud. There is a belief though that the abserntee belows tend to the right...so the right does not want to tighten down. Talk about hypocritical...

And I would note that when a proposal to automatically photo and ID all voters was offered in Nevada the Republicans voted it down as too expensive. The real reason is it would not have lessened Dem votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 08:05 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Like I said, it's rare except for crazy people and it's hard to fix crazy
Exactly!

Old 06-26-2017, 08:21 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Elections are by and large run by political parties. It may look like the secretary of state is running the show but no, it is her party. Both parties have the incentive to let their supporter vote, illegally if they have to. It's just that Democrats have the game sewn up. Republicans have nobody who wants to vote for them illegally.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:36 AM

323 posts, read 377,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
False.
Actually, it's correct. When I first moved to the States, I was given a voter registration card immediately. I wasn't a citizen, and was here only on a work visa. At that time, I didn't realize that I couldn't legally vote; I filled out the card, showed up to vote, did so without any identification required, and went home.

When I went to apply for citizenship years later, I had to provide a write-up of the event, and it was waved off as being not a concern because it's so prevalent.

Anyone can vote. It's extremely easy, and extremely widespread. In my job, I interact with a lot of immigrants, who will openly admit to voting even though they don't have a legal status that allows for it.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:47 AM

448 posts, read 365,964 times
I bet in a year you will also find out Mika had major face surgery. LOL But she is still a dumb old .

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-30-2017 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: language

Old 06-30-2017, 12:09 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrett View Post
Actually, it's correct. When I first moved to the States, I was given a voter registration card immediately. I wasn't a citizen, and was here only on a work visa. At that time, I didn't realize that I couldn't legally vote; I filled out the card, showed up to vote, did so without any identification required, and went home.

When I went to apply for citizenship years later, I had to provide a write-up of the event, and it was waved off as being not a concern because it's so prevalent.

Anyone can vote. It's extremely easy, and extremely widespread. In my job, I interact with a lot of immigrants, who will openly admit to voting even though they don't have a legal status that allows for it.
So, you couldn't read english and didn't notice the part on that registration form that warned you against registering if you weren't a citizen huh? Well then you committed a felony - Congrats! I wouldn't brag about it too much publicly though.

And I'm sorry but I have to question this story about you being asked to 'write it up" that makes no sense at all. Had you admitted that you had voted as a non-citizen your application for citizenship would have been denied.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:10 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
I bet in a year you will also find out Mika had major face surgery. LOL But she is still a dumb old .
oh my that was just so funny and clever too

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-30-2017 at 01:06 PM..

Old 06-30-2017, 12:30 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,082,290 times
All y'all distressed about voter fraud need to run for precinct chair.

Or just get the list from the party, online or from the existing precinct chair. You yourownself can verify the list. Then on election day, you can see who voted that was not on your verified list.

List too long? Split it up with friends. Each verify their list. You can check this stuff yourself and not rely on studies. The party can do it, nationwide. Or the states can do a better job. But, nobody wants to pay for that.

Until they do, it is not a problem.

Now, how many provisional ballots were not counted? Bet the number is big.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:36 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Spieles admitted he fabricated the forms using information, like names, ages and addresses from "walk sheets" given to him from the Virginia Democratic Party, and that he alone created all 18 of the fraudulent forms, the US Attorney's Office said in a statement. Spiele falsified birthdays based on ages on the sheets, and also wrote down fake Social Security numbers.
Virginia student sentenced to prison for registering dead voters - Business Insider

I Know, I Know....it's not voter fraud but voter registration fraud....

But that opens the question of why even do it?

Old 06-30-2017, 01:05 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Virginia student sentenced to prison for registering dead voters - Business Insider

I Know, I Know....it's not voter fraud but voter registration fraud....

But that opens the question of why even do it?
When that happened here the guy collecting the phony signatures was getting paid to collect them. They were in fact turned in by the collecting agency who was paying for them to be collected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies