Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 08:08 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
It says it is an historic low for "summer driving season" but not that it is the lowest ever or even the lowest in the past 5 years.
Sigh.

RIF OP, RIF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 08:26 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yep. Palin loves North Carolina. We refused to vote for Obama again in '12 and we gave Trump our electoral votes even considering that Obama, Mooch, and Hillary spent endless amounts of time here tying to win the state in '16.

Thank you for taking notice. I'll tell the one guy in the development who owns a Tesla. The rest of us drive on cheap gasoline.
WE didn't do anything of the sort.

This state is very divided. Don't act like most of it loves Trump. Yeah, there are MAGA types here, but he barely got over half the vote.

This state is gerrymandered all to hell.

Enjoy Governor Cooper.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Like most of the right wing you folks have a very selective memory.

Yes Obama started out to drive the change to the renewable economy.

However as things developed he changed his views to reflect the reality.

Here is a good discussion...

How Obama Became the Oil President – Mother Jones

So you can thank Obama for that cheap gas you are buying.
The anti-Obama types would not thank the man if he showed up in a fire truck and saved them from dying in a house fire.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
oh smack dam - -you live in North Carolina -- that explains it all. Some of the prettiest country but boy oh boy some crazy stuff.....oh it all makes sense.

Bless your little heart.

North Caorlina -- Asheville, Outer Banks -- and Gerry Mandering......Yup it all makes sense. LOLOL. oh i'm laughing so hard......
We don't all think that way here. Trust me.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:42 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
They believe what they want to believe.

Facts are completely optional.
Fact? Gasoline is $1.99/gallon here. It's $1.79/gallon in part of Charlotte in SC.

Very rare day to see an electric car on road. Obama said there would be millions.

Those are the facts.

Not hard to understand, but hard to accept by some.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:43 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Quote:
Manufacturing of a single Tesla battery produces more green house gasses than 8 years of driving.
No:
"Union of Concerned Scientists undertook a comprehensive, two-year review of the climate emissions from vehicle production, operation, and disposal. They found that battery electric cars generate half the emissions of the average comparable gasoline car, even when pollution from battery manufacturing is accounted for."

Old 06-26-2017, 08:45 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Fact? Gasoline is $1.99/gallon here. It's $1.79/gallon in part of Charlotte in SC.

Very rare day to see an electric car on road. Obama said there would be millions.

Those are the facts.

Not hard to understand, but hard to accept by some.
Where is Obama's quote on millions of electric cars in USA......he set a goal of one million...that's not the same thing at all.

I seriously am concerned with your ability to interpret what you are reading. Have you been tested lately. The pig story, the misleading headlines, the celebrating of non-factual information.....

I will say a prayer for you.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
WE didn't do anything of the sort.

This state is very divided. Don't act like most of it loves Trump. Yeah, there are MAGA types here, but he barely got over half the vote.

This state is gerrymandered all to hell.

Enjoy Governor Cooper.
Let's see.
  • I said that NC did not vote for Obama in '12 after voting for him in '09 -> Check
  • I said that NC voted to give Trump its electoral votes in '16 -> Check
  • I didn't say that NC also booted the Democrat and gave it's seat in the US Senate to the GOP in '16 -> Check
We did everything I said.

As for Cooper, not sure why you bring him up, because I didn't vote for McCrory. He deserved to lose that seat for HB2. I didn't vote for Cooper either. But he's also irrelevant. The GA took away all his power.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:50 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Gas near my house is $2.01/gallon. With inflation considered, this is the least expensive that it's ever been.

Sarah Palin was right. Drilling would bring down the price. There's so much gasoline now, the USA is an exporter!

On the other hand, Obama told us there would be a millions of electric cars on the road by now Spent 10s of billions to promote it. Yet there are only a tiny fraction. Another failure by Obama.
So, she said it - and Obama did it (most of what you are talking about happened under Obama - gas prices hit their peak under GW and Cheney)....

And you give her the credit?

Wow, I guess that's why Sarah Palin rose above class Idiot. She can repeat sayings over and over again.

Now - who gets the credit for the MANY Gigawatts of renewable energy created last year in the USA? Gigawatts which having been bringing down the price of electricity?

Palin?

Old 06-26-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Gigawatts which having been bringing down the price of electricity?

Palin?
Price of electricity is going up. Renewable energy costs a lot more.

https://www.eia.gov/electricity/mont...php?t=epmt_5_3

Went up significantly under Obama and mostly due to his war on coal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies