Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 08:50 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The millennials who honor me with their acquaintance are smart, educated, driven, politically engaged and health-conscious as all out. And wouldn't be caught dead in Wal-Mart.
Apparently so.

Millennials endanger casual-dining restaurants - Business Insider

Quote:
"Millennial consumers are more attracted than their elders to cooking at home, ordering delivery from restaurants, and eating quickly, in fast-casual or quick-serve restaurants," Smith wrote.
While blaming millennials has become a trend to the point of cliché in retail, Smith isn't wrong to zero in on younger customers' changing tastes as a major factor in casual dining's downfall.

For sure, my Millennial daughter's attitude is that civilization means living within 30 minutes of a farmer's market and a Whole Foods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 08:51 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
If it bothers you so much: Solution? Don't go to big box retailers.

But 90% of these people probably shop at Wal-Mart. Not that I have a problem with that either way....

Old 06-26-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
None of the old whiners ever mention that a substantial number (but mercifully far from a majority) of these youths' parents outsourced their child rearing to daycare centers*, but I suppose it's so much easier for the Baby Boomers to blame the victims of their unfit parenting than it is to take a look in the mirror.

*Seriously, it has been found to negatively impact parental skills in Sweden (source).
Yeah, well, see, that's the double-edged sword of Boomers complaining about Millennials.

However they are...we raised them.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:52 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I know. It's brutal how bad this board is becoming.

I know I'm hated for my threads and posts, but damn, I feel like I'm Edward R Murrow being around some of these folks.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because it's a video. That's why. It's not real life. Leave it to Beaver was a pipe dream. Good Times was closer to reality for quite a few people. That show had real life struggles that many can relate to.
And then they killed off the father.

Oh, wait. Dang. Real life.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:11 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
It certainly is interesting the amount of Millennial parents who have melt-downs who can't seem to handle the stress. So many poor unfit millennial parents who can't even stop yelling at kids when shopping, can't imagine what the home life must be like.

It certainly is interesting as it seems like poor millennials are having baby after baby, while middle-class millennials delay it because of debt and to advance careers and many wealthy millennials seem to like to experience the world in luxury.

It seems like many of these millennials who have baby after baby in poverty have been losing tempers more and more in public. A decade ago it seemed like parents would scream at their kids at big-box retailers, now many of these poor millennial parents are screaming in stress in big-box retailers.

I can see why the children were screaming and crying because rather then wholesome fruits, veggies and yougurts she was loading up the cart with boxed and canned food with cases of soda.

I wonder if it is the fact they are having buyers remorse after watching all these reality television shows in their section 8 sparsely decorated homes with screaming children as they watch the Kardashians?

I was at Wal-Mart earlier and I was walked into the aisle, there was a woman with 4 children and boxes of processed and boxed food and cases of sugary soda yelling at her kids.

The parents were likely Millennials. I just think that it is very interesting how stressed out many of these millennial parents are these days.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97Qwh5NkJRg[/url]

I don't understand why many lower-income millennial families who choose to have 3 or 4 kids don't aren't happy like this video of a 1950s family.
No no no, you missed part 1 of the video: the one where Mom tore up the kid's ass in the cereal aisle of the Piggly Wiggly. This snippet of quiet family time is after Dad got home to finish the job and the lad is sufficiently contrite. Why do you think he's sitting on a pillow?

Old 06-26-2017, 11:26 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Can obese and morbidly-obese parents be good parents........while being horrible examples for their kids???? And that is not even factoring-in that these parents, many times, feed their kids junk, junk that is setting them on a course to be just like them, unhealthy and obese.

Probably one of the biggest things a parent can do, for their kids, is set a good example in leading a healthy-lifestyle. Teaching kids healthy, structured eating-habits is very, very important......and much lacking with most American parents.

Eat a diet of low-quality junk screws people up, physically and mentally.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:27 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
The other future of America: Old people writing semi-coherent rants on the internet about "the good old days".

Old 06-26-2017, 11:30 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
The other future of America: Old people writing semi-coherent rants on the internet about "the good old days".
Yes, exactly.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:32 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
CD POC is turning into Facebook.
very much this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies