Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 08:41 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times

Advertisements

A new credible report backs up the last one that millions of non-citizens (both illegal and legal) have been voting in our elections. You have to read the link to see all the stats, and this agrees with the border patrol saying they often find voter registration cards when they arrest illegals.

Did Votes By Noncitizens Cost Trump The 2016 Popular Vote? Sure Looks That Way | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

Quote:
The only problem is, a study in 2014 in the online Electoral Studies Journal made a quite similar claim: In the 2008 and 2010 elections, they said, as many as 2.8 million illegal noncitizen votes were cast, "enough to change meaningful election outcomes including Electoral College votes and congressional elections," said the study, authored by Jesse T. Richman and Gushan A. Chattha, both of Old Dominion University, and David C. Earnest of George Mason University.

The bombshell was this: "Noncitizen votes likely gave Senate Democrats the pivotal 60th vote needed to overcome filibusters in order to pass health care reform and other Obama administration priorities in the 111th Congress."

Quote:
"Even Democrats should find this troubling; every vote cast by a noncitizen voter negates the vote of a citizen voter. It's that simple. It's time the Democratic Party started living up to its name and stop encouraging noncitizens and illegal aliens to vote in our election"

Quote:
"And it was no accident. Democrats had extensive get-out-the-vote campaigns in areas heavily populated by illegal aliens. As far back as 2008, Obama made sure that those who wanted to vote knew it was safe, announcing that election records would not be cross-checked with immigration databases.

And last year, the Obama White House supported a court injunction that kept Kansas, Alabama and Georgia from requiring proof of citizenship to register to vote. The message was sent, loud and clear: If you're a noncitizen or here illegally, don't be afraid. You're free to vote. No one will stop you.

Lots of Dems outraged over Russia influencing our votes -- where's the outrage over this??!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 09:27 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Evidence please. Actual evidence. Not "well if this and that and the other thing then I guess maybe the number is OMG HUGE."

Actual evidence.

I don't care how many times some poorly researched bit of writing cites the 5.7 million number. Until there's actual evidence it may as well have been pulled from some moron's nether regions.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:29 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
I guess that means the prior reports were not 'credible'?

Old 06-25-2017, 09:32 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,876,042 times
At a recent municipal election, I offered my driver's license as evidence that I am who I said I am to receive a ballot.

The poll worker said they were not allowed to look at any photo ID, and that they were instructed to take everyone's word at face value regarding who they are.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Evidence please. Actual evidence. Not "well if this and that and the other thing then I guess maybe the number is OMG HUGE."

Actual evidence.

I don't care how many times some poorly researched bit of writing cites the 5.7 million number. Until there's actual evidence it may as well have been pulled from some moron's nether regions.
Evidence?
Poorly researched?
Harvard is moronic??

Apparently you are too lazy to read the article and do your own research. Here's just one of the links in that article to help you out, but if you don't believe a study from Harvard, there are a lot of links to click on for the stats and follow up info.

Substantial Numbers of Non-Citizens Vote Illegally in U.S. Elections - Just Facts

Old 06-25-2017, 09:56 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Once again, actual evidence, please.

And it's not Harvard. It's some no-name think tank called "Just Facts" abusing data gathered by others.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:10 AM

26,513 posts, read 15,092,794 times
It is interesting that in survey data from highly reputable sources non-citizens admit to voting in percentages that if extrapolated to the whole would equal millions.

I think the Democratic Party would greatly fear any sort of a serious examination of voter rolls and reasonable voter identification.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:16 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,287,522 times
Quote:

Actual evidence.

Evidence? I give you evidence. Last January when I was at the DMV renewing my license, they wanted to register me right on the spot by answering a few yes and no questions on their little touch screen. I did not have to show anything. Now, this is Pennsylvania. I can only imagine how it is in California.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Once again, actual evidence, please.

And it's not Harvard. It's some no-name think tank called "Just Facts" abusing data gathered by others.
There's plenty of evidence -- read the links -- The survey data was conducted by Harvard and others. Are you calling Harvard's data fake news???
From the article:

In 2014, the academic journal Electoral Studies published a paper by three scholars who analyzed the results of a large survey conducted by a group at Harvard University. This study also made use of polling data from YouGov and voter registration and turnout data from Catalist, a firm that equips “progressive organizations” with data to help them “persuade and mobilize” people.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:23 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post

The poll worker said they were not allowed to look at any photo ID, and that they were instructed to take everyone's word at face value regarding who they are.
That is the way it is here in North Carolina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies