Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 01:02 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There is no single plan that is going to help everyone. The Dems keep saying that millions are going to die with Trump care. Being less dramatic then that there are people that have been hit hard by Obamacare and it is not working for them.
The same will happen when Trumpcare comes around.

I think a better plan would be to fix up Obamacare instead of trashing it entirely. Any health care plan is expensive and can be a burden to people who do not use it but still are forced to pay for it.

What would be a good plan is to deport all the people that are pulling from the system without paying into it. The Dems admit to 11 million but it is more like 20 million illegal aliens living in the US. How many of those show up to emergency rooms everyday with no insurance which means that the system has to pay for their expensive care?

They don't pay in but they do take take take.

If less is paid out to help illegal aliens that pay nothing into the system then the costs for all of us will go down.
Exactly. The Administration should focus more on deporting as many illegals as possible (and until then, stop accommodating them in every way possible so that they have little reason to want to be here).

Many of the issues with the ACA will then fix itself. From then on, we can make further tweaks as necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Your healthcare insurance is your problem, not the governments problem.
It's almost as if you think you're immune from ever being screwed over one day by health insurance companies.

That's cute.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:14 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There is no "fix" for the ACA. We can buy time by throwing more money into it, but the unavoidable fact is that 90% of Americans can not afford health care without employer or taxpayer assistance. The solution is out there, it has been for decades even centuries in other countries - a taxpayer funded national health system of some sort. It's time.
Just quoting you so that more people see this. Even half-serious policy minded amateurs knows what the solution is to this country's health care crisis. There are dozens of ways that we could organize such a system, but a taxpayer funded system really is the only way forward that affordably extend coverage to every man woman and child.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:28 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Republicans and Trump are such disasters. They have all branches of government and can't manage to tackle this. What happened to repeal and replace on day 1? What happened to all the amazing plans and ideas that Republicans were supposed to have?
The best idea they have now is just to get rid of everything because they have no ideas? And people are actually cheering them for it?

Old 06-30-2017, 01:32 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Your healthcare insurance is your problem, not the governments problem.
That gold-standard conservative compassion on display! Apparently "America First" doesn't actually apply to its citizens, which means I don't know wtf it means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Just quoting you so that more people see this. Even half-serious policy minded amateurs knows what the solution is to this country's health care crisis. There are dozens of ways that we could organize such a system, but a taxpayer funded system really is the only way forward that affordably extend coverage to every man woman and child.
100% correct.

To date, no country that has adopted universal/single payer healthcare has ever turned back.

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
I assume you took a break from your frequent inane postings here to go and talk to these 30MM individuals one at a time? Or more likely, like most of your posts on here you're just making stuff up, pulling it out of your a$$ to feed the confirmation bias of whatever current narrative you have in your head given to you by Brietbart and Infowars....

You would not waste your time and a lot of effort, to attack me personally, if I was not effective.
I'm Flattered, by your obsession.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:37 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Republicans and Trump are such disasters. They have all branches of government and can't manage to tackle this. What happened to repeal and replace on day 1? What happened to all the amazing plans and ideas that Republicans were supposed to have?
The best idea they have now is just to get rid of everything because they have no ideas? And people are actually cheering them for it?
They voted 50+ times to repeal it while Obama was in office, now, nothing, lol. Bunch of blowhard do nothings.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:42 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
They have very little if any chance of 50 votes in the Senate. So no they cannot simply repeal Obamacare. All more Trump silliness.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:46 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You would not waste your time and a lot of effort, to attack me personally, if I was not effective.
I'm Flattered, by your obsession.

please don't flatter yourself, you are not effective in the least to anyone not looking to bathe in their own confirmation bias. I simply enjoy highlighting and refuting the verbal diarrhea you spew on a alarmingly frequent basis.

And you mentioning personal attacks in like your Daddy admonishing other for self promotion/self interest.

But run to back to Brietbart and think you are making yourself look smart as I'm sure you have a private jet fueled and ready to take you to some wonderful place for the upcoming long weekend as that's the only way anyone with any sort of ability to reason or think critically could possibly advocate for many of the polices you bloviate about.

Also, feel free to address my prior post at any time and present some facts or refute my argument. I'll be waiting.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies