Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 07:26 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
It's true that calling names is juvenile. But we're not parents trying to set an example for a still maturing child who needs to learn how to treat people respectfully. We're citizens of a country facing very serious issues and our leader is busy tweeting stupid things about a TV news personality. We have a First Amendment right to call him out about that. It's unfortunate if the rhetoric gets ugly, but the stakes are high.

Trump should be so busy that he doesn't have time to watch Morning Joe, of all things. I'm not the president and I rarely have the time or inclination to watch TV. And he should have a thick-enough skin, and enough respect for the office of the President that he ignores the barbs thrown his way. What he's done to the office of the President and to the standing of the U.S. in 6 months is nothing short of shameful.
Do you not understand that name calling is NOT going to win elections? That is what should be important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
All this talk bout standards is hilarious coming from someone who constantly calls the former FLOTUS "Mooch".
It's also sad that many complaining would tell me "they all lie" when I would point out Obama's lies.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:38 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Do you not understand that name calling is NOT going to win elections? That is what should be important.
Of course. But that's not what this thread is about. This thread is about Trump's tweets and why they are destructive.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Of course. But that's not what this thread is about. This thread is about Trump's tweets and why they are destructive.
Which is no reason to call others names. I don't really care about people calling Trump names. Not that he knows about it.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:46 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Which is no reason to call others names. I don't really care about people calling Trump names. Not that he knows about it.
I apologize. I'm not sure what you and I are talking about.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:50 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,993,716 times
His close buddy is the publisher of the National Inquirer.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:57 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
It's also sad that many complaining would tell me "they all lie" when I would point out Obama's lies.
True. I don't believe I've ever said that though.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:06 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I mean come on, I realize this is par for the course for him and not the biggest of his issues, but this is just so disgusting and unpresidential.

An official statement by a sitting US president is insulting a woman's looks and intelligence, because she was critical of him on the morning show he claims not to watch.

How can you people condone this behavior? How does this dignify the office of the Presidency?

While in the White House, a sitting president ejaculated on an intern's dress, committed perjury by lying about it to a grand jury and only came clean (no pun intended) after the semen soaked dress became exhibit A.

Everyone who voted for Trump knew in advance that he says what's on his mind and doesn't give two ****s what the chattering class has to say about it.

If these people had a clue, they would understand that seeing their overblown melodramatic outrage is the highlight of my day.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:10 PM

42 posts, read 17,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Scary but likely. People cannot dismiss NE as a joke.
Of course you can't dismiss the National Enquirer. From it I learned:

- they're keeping Hitler's brain alive inside a jar

- aliens from outer space are sleeping in my car

- eat jelly doughnuts, and lose twenty pounds a day

- top psychics all agree that the telephone company will have a brand new service that lets you talk to the dead

- and the incredible frog boy is on the loose again

Old 06-30-2017, 08:18 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Trump tweeted back at media folks who criticized him and the left imploded? Say its not so lol.

How ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies